Media Conor McGregor & Jake Gyllenhaal in ROAD HOUSE

Is he even acting?

• Total voters
Highlander 2 had virtually nothing to do with Highlander 1.
Same character and backstory, but yeah. I didn't mean they were connected I just meant those were the only two good movies from the series, #3 with Van peebles? Was just terrible.

Same character and backstory, but yeah. I didn't mean they were connected I just meant those were the only two good movies from the series, #3 with Van peebles? Was just terrible.
Fun fact 1 - The script was originally an unrelated story, and studio execs just shoehorned in elements from The Highlander for marketing. It's actually common practice in Hollywood. Similar thing happened with I, Robot and Starship Troopers.

Fun fact 2 - Highlander 2: The Quickening is set in the year 2024.

Finally got around to watching this. I gotta say, I was not expecting quite so much McGregor ass.

Me either. I also couldn't help but wonder if that may have had something to do with how he was able to replace Ronda in that role. I mean he must work out.

Still haven’t watched this
My brain and eyes can’t handle all the CGI shit in Movies these days
Feel like I’m going to have a seizure

Reactions: z99
Poll reminds me of when Johnny and Janie America first saw Boyz N Da Hood and came out like "That Ice Cubes one good actor !!"

Even watching it today, the first movie is far superior

Last edited:
Poll reminds me of when Johnny and Janie America first saw Boyz N Da Hood and came out like "That Ice Cubes one good actor !!"
Now he is supporting Trump for money, even though Trump would not rent to black veterans back in the day. The ultimate sellout.

Finally got around to watching this. I gotta say, I was not expecting quite so much McGregor ass.

Yea, was pretty weird. It wasn't even like a quick shot either. They followed him around for a good minute with the behind the back/over the shoulder shot like they were filming Michael Myers stalking someone in Halloween 1.

I guess its not as bad as Tyron Woodley getting his dick bit off by a racoon in that one movie or Ronda's scowling in Fast and Furious, but not sure who suggested it should be in the movie. Either Conor thought it would be a good idea or he may have just been high when they discussed it went along with it.

Watched it yesterday, wanted to watch something that was easy to follow and required low levels of attention, went pretty much as expected maybe a little bit worse but overall, can confirm it's watchable on a hangover. Worst part about it was the CGI, they had some weird animated fight sequences I didn't get it, at the start Post Malone was fighting some guy and it looked incredibly strange, I have no idea why it surely it would've been easier just to teach him some basic fight choreography.

First film was much more memorable, it stands the test of time for a fun rewatchable film where as the remake will be quickly forgotten. 5 out of 10.

Yea, was pretty weird. It wasn't even like a quick shot either. They followed him around for a good minute with the behind the back/over the shoulder shot like they were filming Michael Myers stalking someone in Halloween 1.

I guess its not as bad as Tyron Woodley getting his dick bit off by a racoon in that one movie or Ronda's scowling in Fast and Furious, but not sure who suggested it should be in the movie. Either Conor thought it would be a good idea or he may have just been high when they discussed it went along with it.
Literally the first and last shots of McGregor he is bare-assed. I was not expecting that. Someone should have warned me.

WAtched it yesterday and obviously that movie is a pile of shit, but NGL Conor is pretty good in it. I mean it s not a serious role but Conor killed it.

Someone said in another thread they just let Conor loose on the set and filmed him and that s hillarious.

Maximize cringe. Jake is a great actor but this isn't a good role for him and you can't ever have a manlet as the main villian. They should have casted The Mountain and Conor could have been a Tattoo type character.

This film will bomb.
Jake was atrocious in that role.

Me either. I also couldn't help but wonder if that may have had something to do with how he was able to replace Ronda in that role. I mean he must work out.
I have not watched it but man, now I feel robbed.

<WhitmanDefeat>

I would LOVE to see a lot of Rhonda's fine ass! Conor... not so much. :(

Back