News Conor McGregor just received his BJJ-blackbelt

Are McGregor’s BJJ-skills blackbelt worthy?

• Total voters
cxlirzpb8ibb1.gif

mcgregor-vs-khabib.gif
Yeah , but both of those guys could tap 99% of the Bjj black belts walking the face of the earth

Yeah , but both of those guys could tap 99% of the Bjj black belts walking the face of the earth

Especially after being gassed and punched in the face lol.

If Conor was still getting submitted fresh like he used to early, then you can say he's not a true black belt.

Your last sentence is my point, and I was using a bit of hyperbole lol.
Mcgregor is a black belt but he isn't a competition level grappler. I can see him being competitive with a regular black belt at the gym or even most black belts that compete in MMA. Not every black belt is going to be Jacare or Maia.

I just checked and he’s got one submission win from Cage warriors
Conor is legit

Nahh dude this guy doesn't display even blue belt level skills on some stuff like giving up his back, laying flat on his back etc. I guess he put in the time for it, doesn't mean he has the skill set you'd expect for a professional athlete that trains it all the time. He may have the knowledge or teaching ability, but I see why people are crapping on him.
He did xguard swept Nate in the 1st rd of the 1st fight.

This is like if you want an actor to give the commencement speech so you draw up an honorary doctorate

Or if your fighter hasn't been in the news for a couple days and is having withdrawals, let's bump him up a belt

He's never subbed anyone in his career that I know of sir.

You know, people can get black belts without even ever training MMA, let alone fight in MMA, let alone have a whole MMA career... They are two very separate things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back