Media Conor McGregor's master trash talking on Chandler, leaves Chandler speechles

Conor used to be really good at getting under his opponent's skin via trash talk, that's undeniable. Both Aldo and Dustin were gotten to, to the point of it effecting how they fought, Aldo most notably hindered. Even during TUF with Faber, he was pretty slick with it, and I wasn't even a huge Conor fan, it's just true.

However, he's fallen quite far from that, as he seems over the top arrogant, drunk not only on alcohol but his increased monetary coffers (Although the line in the OP isn't bad, his overall presentation is)

Conor with the infused Zen mentality was his best character iteration. He really ought to get back to that. It started to vanish with the first Diaz fight, and getting, interestingly enough, out-talked with the "touchbutt in the park" line.

Conor's trash talk has devolved from witty specific attacks that he researched his opponent and knew it was their weak spot into just drunken bar talk. It's really sad. Even sadder how he talks 100x more between each fight. He's a student of the party game more than the fight game.

khabib-conor.gif

conor-mcgregor-knocked-out.jpg
d00.gif

I love how no matter how much Conor loses and gets embarrassed, he continues to act as though he's unbeatable and has ways to justify everything. Conor is a slut for punishment.

When Khabib trounced Conor it was "he ran away, he didn't want the rematch, he quit the sport because of me". When Poirier knocked him out cold "my leg was done from the calf kicks, I had not experienced the calf kicks before but I'll prepared in the rematch. His punches didn't phase me, it was the calf kicks" and when Nate beat his ass on short notice with no training camp Conor said "I moved up to 170lbs and fought a guy 3 times my size, I had him beat but I wasn't efficient with me energy" even the whole Chad Mendes win was bad, Mendes beat his ass and then gassed uncharacteristically due to taking the fight on 2 weeks notice to save the PPV and Conor said "of course he gassed, I was stabbing the body with dose kicks" but he wouldn't acknowledge Mendes took the fight on short notice. He promised Aldo a rematch and never gave it to him, yet like a toddler when he lost to Nate, Poirier, Floyd and Khabib he demanded rematches immediately.

Even that dude in the pink suit grilling Conor about not having won a fight since Obama was in presidency, literally just the truth and Conor threw a hissy fit. All Conor does is lose fights then he talks about how he'd knock out Khabib and Kamaru, and he has the audacity to call other people rats but Conor is literally a rat, a weasel and a worm in the way he speaks and behaves. No integrity, completely dishonorable and delusional.

I just am waiting for the point where it maybe sinks in. If Chandler knocks him out, or wrestles him even...on God, he will have all sorts of ways to spin it as if he was the better man and to discredit Chandler. He will still say "I run MMA" too. It's painfully amusing to keep watching this happen to him. He couldn't be a worse person outside the cage either it seems.

Good business technique.

Have braindead people, such as myself, believing that a simple fine tuning will turn him back into prime Conor.

He's back, baby.

Conor was so much fun when he first came into the UFC. He was different, dressed differently, acted differently his trash talk was witty and actually funny and not forced and what's most important, he was winning his fights in spectacular fashion...

Than he punched that old dude in a pub and that was it for me. Than in his Mayweather and Khabib fights you could really feel his lack of confidence in his behaviour. He tried to mask it with yelling and acting like a damn fool but with no success,...

And he lost a decision to an old guy minding his own in a bar. Conor is done. If he decides to fight and lose to Chandler, his next fight will be bareknuckle against the other reigning d bag of the mma world Mike Perry. You can't make this jive up.
Conor just watched Perry break a bunch of Luke's teeth. He ain't fighting Platinum in BKFC. When Perry hits old people in bars, they get knocked out.

Conor baits Chandler into agreeing to 185, then immediately shows the world the truth, that Chandler is just doing what he's told to by McGregor.

I hope Chandler starches McGregor at what ever weight class or catch-weight they decide upon. Hopefully Chandler mixes up wrestling with striking so he improves his odds in the fight. McGregor is the better pure striker for one or two rounds. Chandler needs to keep McGregor from being comfortable and controlling distance. Work in the leg kicks, the TD's and top control GnP to wear McGregor down and then finish him in R2 or R3 when McGregor gasses out and becomes "inefficient with his energy" especially in light of the heavier weight he is now carrying. McGregor has won exactly one fight in the UFC over the past 6.5 years and that was against a well past his prime Cerrone who was on a long losing streak featuring one sided beat downs. In summary, McGregor hasn't accomplish jack shit since his win over Alvarez. I find McGregor very tiring and its time for the UFC to focus on the sport side of the business and less on the circus clown side of the business.

Last edited:
Back