Conor: "My bloodline stood and fought the English Empire." Khabib: "What happened to your language?"

Didn't watch much of this press conference, besides a few places people timestamped, but it looked like it was mostly Conor signing a ufc deal just to promote his booze.

McGregor is a Scottish last name

I never said they were menacing. I simply agreed that they fought tooth and nail, and they didn't just earn their independence as easily as you put it. I agree England could have destroyed them at any point, but they needed Irish as slaves. 1916. For Ireland not England.
Compare that to how England let go of their other colonies except America. We're talking about NEIGHBORS. England is right next to Ireland. America wouldn't have won so easily if England was located in where Mexico is.

Are u English by the way. U guys are closing in on France when it comes to that

I can’t disagree with anything you said. I think that’s an accurate statement, and I think we’re saying pretty much the same thing.

But no I’m not English. French/English/Dutch American.

<JerryWWF>

I am no historian but pretty sure the Redcoats got their asses handed to them in the
Revolutionary War.. just saying...

No the American land was taken by the British. The revolutionary war is different. England used to own America. All colonies became free at some point.

Dragging nationalism and history into MMA bouts is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Two men will step into a cage to see who's the better fighter between two individuals. That's what this is all about. And not only those two men but tons of fans are stooping as low as getting into a dick measuring contest about languages, territories, legacies blah blah blah, to put it short pointless discussions about petty stuff that will provide us with nothing productive about the fight, the fighters or the people who happen to come from their regions of the world.
But who am I to judge if people want to recite and personally interpret certain occurences in humanity's history to "prove" that Khabib or Conor won a ridiculous three minute exchange that could be summarized with "The Irish are tougher! - No, the Russians are tougher! - No, the McGregors are tougher! - No, the Dagestani are tougher!..."
Incredible that people get emotionally invested in the actual discourse instead of just being annoyed or disappointed by that low level of trash talking when I'm certainly not the only one who hoped for some more quality from those two guys.

Didn't watch much of this press conference, besides a few places people timestamped, but it looked like it was mostly Conor signing a ufc deal just to promote his booze.

Which by the sounds of it is rubbish cheap whisky that you mix with coke

There are documentaries about the McGregor clan on youtube. Seriously go watch it. It's fascinating stuff

Conor's father may have never tapped into it or realized his potential in that way, but it certainly hit with Conor. That's where Conor is descended from

I wouldnt be surprised if Conor's mothers side also has ancient warriors in the bloodline too

Conor is a serious specimen
Post some credible sources and then maybe people will actually listen to you.

I can’t disagree with anything you said. I think that’s an accurate statement, and I think we’re saying pretty much the same thing.

But no I’m not English. French/English/Dutch American.

Yeah I agree.
Nice! Do you speak French or Dutch?

McGregor is a Scottish last name
Ian-McShane-Proud.gif

Speaking in many languages just means u were conquered by more people.
Indians speak like 5 languages. Almost 7 in the Portuguese region.
That's a silly statement. People from European countries often speak multiple languages, but not because their people were conquered by others.

There's a lot of non-Hispanic Americans that learn Spanish. I doubt their histories include being conquered by a Spanish-speaking country.

"Credible sources"

Goodness you know nothing about history

How about doing the research yourself instead of being a hater who just denies history because you personally don't like Conor?

You have Google right: )

But because im nice, I will help you out and steer you in the right direction: )

Last edited:
read up on the history of Scottish clans, feudalism was a thing in Scotland

Then he spoke Irish.

I would love to visit the NATION OF DAGESTAN one day. Oh wait.

Ask mother Russia for permission.

The biggest colonizer, geographically the biggest empire of all time. The biggest terrorizor of all time is your neighbor. And still they only have half of it. India, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and USA all fell to British ruleee

Dagestan's enslaved by the MONGOLS.

CONTROLLED by the Muslim Iranians.

SAVED by daddy Russia.

U should be thanking them

Conor said 'can I go to the toilet please' in Irish. It's a basic thing you learn at school. He doesn't speak Irish, he's full of shit.

Eh I cringed when he did his gaelic bit since I seen an old interview where he admitted to the reporter that he can't speak it anymore but can understand it slightly

That's a silly statement. People from European countries often speak multiple languages, but not because their people were conquered by others.

There's a lot of non-Hispanic Americans that learn Spanish. I doubt their histories include being conquered by a Spanish-speaking country.

ur right. European countries never fought each other.

Conor said 'can I go to the toilet please' in Irish. It's a basic thing you learn at school. He doesn't speak Irish, he's full of shit.

Read ur own comment back to yourself. Just think about it.
He spoke in Irish.
He doesn't speak Irish.

read up on the history of Scottish clans, feudalism was a thing in Scotland
Yep.

Also the Scottish and Irish fought side by side on the highlands

Not only brothers in DNA but brothers in arms

Conor is actually Scottish, but many Scottish people went to Ireland and had generation of families in Ireland becoming Irish

Back