Consider the greatness of Roy Jones Jr.

Nobody in history beats a prime Roy Jones Jr. between 160-175. Somebody mentioned him vs Holyfield at CW. Well, that's not an ideal weight for RJJ and he looked small at 175, He could beat Evander and I actually think he wins more times than not, but it's not a gimme.

Nobody in history beats a prime Roy Jones Jr. between 160-175. Somebody mentioned him vs Holyfield at CW. Well, that's not an ideal weight for RJJ and he looked small at 175, He could beat Evander and I actually think he wins more times than not, but it's not a gimme.

Evander's ability to take a beating and go balls to the wall for a win would be a massive concern for Jones, I think.

Laughing reading this, you could inject me with the best steroids in the world, and I couldn't get near RJJ in terms of athleticism. He was absolutely one of the most athletically gifted fighters of all time. I would have loved in the mid nineties to see him fight Benn etc, it never happened, but the guy was sublimely gifted. End of for me.

Laughing reading this, you could inject me with the best steroids in the world, and I couldn't get near RJJ in terms of athleticism. He was absolutely one of the most athletically gifted fighters of all time. I would have loved in the mid nineties to see him fight Benn etc, it never happened, but the guy was sublimely gifted. End of for me.
amir khan is just as athletic bro

Evander's ability to take a beating and go balls to the wall for a win would be a massive concern for Jones, I think.
evander had tremendous footwork at cruiserweight and in his early days at heavyweight. angled off of shots well and cut off the ring. if he can get roy against the ropes (which is frankly the best chance for any fighter against a prime rjj) and make it ugly, evander likely wins. he had great power and his chin could probably handle jones’ punches for at least 9 rounds. it would really take a large accumulation of shots to stop evander.

Back