Conspiracy theory: YouTube comments are fake

Bballfan123

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ok here's my Conspiracy theory

All YouTube comments are fake. Or around 80%, somewhere north of 50% are fake.

Almsot EVERY SINGLE YouTube comment has the exact. Same. Comments.

They all have the same basic format

Top funny comment gets 10k-50k likes and 300-1k comments
Next comment gets 300-1k likes and 50-100 comments, is vaguely emotional/pulls heart strings.
Next comment 50-300 likes approx 20-30 comments.
Next few comments are the same level of likes/comments

The comments are just soooo repetitive and banal. They all follow the same script. One or two catch phrases or turns of phrase. There is a seed or source comment that may or may not be human, not sure, and then a bunch of generic copies.

They're all from the same perspective. The "older but wise and friendly neighbor Ted" . It just so derivative and banal, it's inhuman. They don't really have an "angle" or political slant to them so it's hard to pick up on. It's just generic brown beige nothing comments on every single video , especially mental health videos. Might be people trolling but if so they are incredibly committed as they are on almost every video on YouTube.

I think it's some mass conspiracy to dumb everyone down by turning all dialogue and commentary into stupid nothingness/banal nothingness by forming a circle of banality around some users that cannot be penetrated. Readers of the comments then begin speaking and acting in banal ways, as you are what you eat. Let's say 20% of the comments readers then become stupified and begin making their own stupid comments and content. It would then become impossible to tell real comments from fake ones.

End conspiracy

Last edited:
Man i was just trying to eat some microwaved macaroni.

Show more replies

@CDawgVA
2 years ago
This video kind of broke me a little bit. In a good way, thank you.

I’m 19 and am moving out tomorrow morning to go to college. I couldn’t help but tear up thinking that I’ve already spent 90% of my time with my parents. I feel like this video found me at the right time.

Show more replies

@nataliesoutlet
2 years ago
Legit balled my eyes out with this one.
The whole parents thing really hit me.
This was a toughie to swallow lol
Was I the only one?

Show more replies

@leostevens4063
1 year ago (edited)
My mother passed when I was 18, my father wasn’t around, to know now that I spent 90% of my time with her is very reassuring, thank you

Update for anyone looking here I guess: currently Feb 2023 (Oct 2023 marks 3 years since mom passing). Learning to take each day as it comes, good with the bad. I’m pretty happy now in general I’d say, I have a newfound hopeful/realistic disposition. I’m currently traveling the US working odd jobs here and there, gonna be in Alaska for the summer! If you are reading this I hope you’re doing well. Become intimate and true with your emotions, love yourself. :)

Read more

Show more replies

@20121961
5 months ago
Simultaneously uplifting and depressing! At 61, I feel like the last 4000 weeks have gone by in a heartbeat. I wish I'd seen my parents more.

Show more replies

@derpyduck5207
10 months ago
As a teenager, I find that I am growing closer to my parents as I develop my own identity, and I appreciate them much more than I could when I was younger.

Show more replies

@jose75694
1 year ago
My dad passed away in april or this year, a day before I turned 22. I was listening to this video while at work since I had to stop college for a bit to start paying for my room, and when I heard the whole part of the siblings and parents I started having memories of all the good times I had with him and how much I miss him. Right now I have his hat, his bracelet and a watch he was going to give me for my birthday but couldn't do it in time. When I get my life going again, I will go back to college and finish the career I loved, and the one he helped me study on the first place. Thank you for putting my life into perspective, I still have my mom and I love her, and I have younger siblings to take care of now, but I'm sure it will all be allright, he always believed in me.

Read more

Show more replies

@czperiod2576
8 months ago
This simple little video is why I quit my job in March 2022 and took a year off. It cost a fair bit, but at 53 I realized that I missed a lot in the past few years, and I didn't have forever left anymore.

Show more replies

@SenSamaShoran
1 year ago
"One day, you will see them for the last time." - That hit hart. I saw my mother for the last time, two Months ago, the day she died. You never know when the last day will be, cherish your time.

Show more replies

@khemlata3695
9 months ago
As a 25-year-old, this video made me cry. I know for sure I will come back to this many times to motivate myself to live actively.

Show more replies

@jacobgerhard9649
1 year ago
As a 15 year old watching this I finally feel like life has meaning. Knowing I only have 3 more years of true quality time with my parents really made me see how much value everything in this world has.

IT'S THE SAME COMMENT!

I think it depends on the YouTube channel. Most of the ones I frequent have under a million subs. A few have under 5 million subs. The comments do not appear to be fake / bot / automated.

I don't doubt that some of the really big channels have lots of bots. Sometimes the fake comments are very obvious, because of multiple users commenting in the same format, with just a few changes to diction.

Well, maybe. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

But there's a, whatumacallit, a sociological aspect to it as well. People are sheep. If they see a certain type of comment being typed, they will mimic it to try and fit in. Social media is still a fairly new community, and an international one where none of the national cultural modes of communication people brought to it were normative. So we've developed one together.
And it sucks.

What the fuck man. I think you should get off the net more often. Your level of interest and tracking of this is crazy

I'm not sure what vids you're watching.

I'm in the minority I believe, but I find some of the comments in youtube videos to be fucking hilarious. There are some funny fuckers out there.

I'm also someone who leaves real comments. I guess there are a lot of gimmick type comments though that people repeat and expand on.

Majority of the comments are bots? Yeah that's plausible. The same with Amazon reviews.

crying-still.gif

I think it depends on the YouTube channel. Most of the ones I frequent have under a million subs. A few have under 5 million subs. The comments do not appear to be fake / bot / automated.

I don't doubt that some of the really big channels have lots of bots. Sometimes the fake comments are very obvious, because of multiple users commenting in the same format, with just a few changes to diction.

This is the new trend on Twitter and it’s incredibly annoying.

Someone will make a tweet and some dipshit that paid for a blue check will basically copy the tweet but slightly paraphrase it.

my block list is so long

Back