Cooking

Hello Fingercuffs.

I want to learn how to cook, but my mother lives nearby and she cooks delicious and healthy foods. So almost every day I eat dinner at my mom’s house. Sometimes my mother and I cook dinner in the weekend. So, I can cut vegetables and those kind of things.

But the biggest problem is I do not have the incentive to cook at home because I eat dinner at my mother’s house.
Hiya.
How about you alternate so she comes to you for dinner. Baby steps to begin with like every 3 days depending on work schedules or whatever? Message me what sort of cuisine you fancy to cook for you both and I'll give you a recipe? Good idea? I'll make sure it isn't something super difficult so you don't get put off of the idea.

Hello Fingercuffs.

I want to learn how to cook, but my mother lives nearby and she cooks delicious and healthy foods. So almost every day I eat dinner at my mom’s house. Sometimes my mother and I cook dinner in the weekend. So, I can cut vegetables and those kind of things.

But the biggest problem is I do not have the incentive to cook at home because I eat dinner at my mother’s house.
Just start out cooking simple shit and move up from there. That’s how I learned out of necessity.
As the years went by and I got better I learned more.
I pretty much never cook with recipes and just wing it 99.9% of the time and people always brag about how well I can cook.

vegetable cutting is a good start and learn the necessary skills.

buy this book and learn some skills.

51Y79DmNSwL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...ds=epd:17174161784960597963,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1

Food and cooking isn't my forte. I eat boiled vegetables with cottage cheese and microwaved pork and some salt nearly every night. Screw elaborate dishes, if you're hungry enough it tastes good enough. Is also healthy, and leaves hardly any cleaning up. Sometimes I get extravagant and add a stir-fried onion. If I want dessert I'll have a bran cereal with bananas.
Morning is wholegrain bread with marmalade and a black coffee.

Last edited:
My fiance is actually getting crazy good just because we have been watching masterchef and hells kitchen. I'm super lucky she loves to be a "home maker". She was good, but it's getting to next level shit.

Find a food YouTuber you like, try out one of his recipes.

Keep on trying it until you get it right. Move onto another recipe.

I have posted about him before, but Chef John from Food Wishes is great.

He is very straight forward yet entertaining, and if you have any questions about a video, you can check his blog for more info.

I started with his rice dishes and progressed into his meat and fish dishes.

Last edited:
Just start out cooking simple shit and move up from there. That’s how I learned out of necessity.
I pretty much never cook with recipes and just wing it 99.9% of the time and people always brag about how well I can cook.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...ds=epd:17174161784960597963,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1
Agreed with winging it. Unless you're baking and some science is involved, if you have a basic idea it's instinct. I tried making a mouse a few weeks ago and fucked it up because my whisk broke and I made a cake out of it. Everything can be saved pretty much.
He doesn't need to buy a book on knife skills though just yet.

Agreed with winging it. Unless you're baking and some science is involved, if you have a basic idea it's instinct. I tried making a mouse a few weeks ago and fucked it up because my whisk broke and I made a cake out of it. Everything can be saved pretty much.
He doesn't need to buy a book on knife skills though just yet.
He was talking about cutting Vegetables at his moms, I th ought it was a good Segway.

something for discussion with his mom.
Look mom, I learned to julienne an onion!!

Start cooking simple things you like. Have fun with it.
Dont worry so much on appearance at first or speed.
Those things come with time.

Cooking is definitely something better learned hands on. Try not to cut corners or omit ingredients till you understand how everything works (unless its cuz of an allergy of course)in a recipe.

Also dont try taking on too many different things at once focus on a couple things till you are comfortable then move on. It can get very overwhelming quickly.

Never be afraid to ask questions and listen to other peoples methods. Even horrible cooks have a tidbit of knowledge occasionally.

Videos do help , but can be misleading.

If everything else fails just cover everything with cheese.

He was talking about cutting Vegetables at his moms, I th ought it was a good Segway.

something for discussion with his mom.
Look mom, I learned to julienne an onion!!
I watch too many cooking competitions, thankfully you know that one doesn't julienne an onion.

The last Masterchef Australia I watched a few days ago, I was actually crying for the last two episodes. It was an Allstars renewal and most of Aussie MC is 70 episodes, not the pansy UK or US versions. You feel like you get to know them. I know it sounds daft but food and music...I know. So I'm passionate about it.

Elvis Sinosic if you recall him and I were having a bit of a chat about it, it's the best cooking TV show that there is, UK and US are rubbish in comparison.

I watch too many cooking competitions, thankfully you know that one doesn't julienne an onion.

The last Masterchef Australia I watched a few days ago, I was actually crying for the last two episodes. It was an Allstars renewal and most of Aussie MC is 70 episodes, not the pansy UK or US versions. You feel like you get to know them. I know it sounds daft but food and music...I know. So I'm passionate about it.

Elvis Sinosic if you recall him and I were having a bit of a chat about it, it's the best cooking TV show that there is, UK and US are rubbish in comparison.
Yeah I rember him, that’s going back a while though.

Yeah I rember him, that’s going back a while though.
*likes*
Good egg, and a sweetheart who's just had a baby. Such a nice bloke. Very few Aussies I dislike.

Anywhore I fell out terribly with other half again after making a wonderful curry and tarka dhal. Haven't really ate in 2 days apart from 4 Ritz today. Curry's always better the day after.

Hiya.
How about you alternate so she comes to you for dinner. Baby steps to begin with like every 3 days depending on work schedules or whatever? Message me what sort of cuisine you fancy to cook for you both and I'll give you a recipe? Good idea? I'll make sure it isn't something super difficult so you don't get put off of the idea.

I gone eat dinner at my mother's house from Monday to Friday. And I eat dinner at my house in the weekend.

I just made Spaghetti, with meat, vegetables, tomato sauce, olive oil and Italian herbs. It was not bad.

Next week I want to make a vegetable dish. Do you have any recommendations?

That book looks interesting.

It is important to know the basics.

Find a food YouTuber you like, try out one of his recipes.

Keep on trying it until you get it right. Move onto another recipe.

I have posted about him before, but Chef John from Food Wishes is great.

He is very straight forward yet entertaining, and if you have any questions about a video, you can check his blog for more info.

I started with his rice dishes and progressed into his meat and fish dishes.

I like that those videos are short and clear.

And he seems passionate about cooking.

The spaghetti dish I made today. Part of that dish I warmed it up again but with salt and more olive oil. It tasted beter than the spaghetti I ate this morning.

Subway has this foot long soft cookie in a long cardstock tray. This has me wondering if it's possible to bake cookie mix cookies in microwave instead of oven. The label doesn't seem to mention optional microwave prep. Is this possible?

EDIT: I saw some people microwave cookie batter for like :50 or so and it works.

Last edited:
Subway has this foot long soft cookie in a long cardstock tray. This has me wondering if it's possible to bake cookie mix cookies in microwave instead of oven. The label doesn't seem to mention optional microwave prep. Is this possible?
It is possible if you wrap it in aluminum

Back