Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

I'm white. I'm also not a billionaire. I work my ass off to be middle class.

When does my privilege kick in? Because I'd like to start taking it easy like all of my other privileged white compatriots.
I think you are either purposely missing my part or just stupid.

I think you are either purposely missing my part or just stupid.
I'm not. I'm tired of being lumped in with rich billionaires that people blame everything on. Frankly, its racist to make a general statement about people based on their color.

I dont think you understand my point. How is white privilege slandering white people? People hire their own because that is who they are more comfortable with. And when white people have the most power in this country they have the most privilege. Denying that is just being dishonest.

It's making an assumption that all white people are privileged and all non-whites are oppressed.

White people are the LEAST "race loyal" people on the planet. In the UK, many companies actively discriminate against white people to achieve race quotas.

Are you 100 percent sure the manager was aware of that? And is that eye witness 100 percent aware that the other woman didn't make an earlier purchase?

AND was she testifying in a court of law where lying has a consequence?

Oh right...we've done that whole "shot gun social media trial" thing again.
Irrelevant, the manager should be aware of who is and isn't making a purchase if they have a policy in place that ensures people must be paying customers in order to occupy space otherwise that's an "opportunity cost" and bad for business.

No.

No we're apparently doing this weird thing where black is wrong, and white is right without regards to the facts. Somehow, the white manager is right and was being a "brave woman" just because she called the police to handle an issue that she couldn't manage herself. Very low energy.

I just admitted to being racist though

You said you "used to be", which implies that you aren't anymore ... however you still subscribe to racist world views such as all white people having privilege.

It's making an assumption that all white people are privileged and all non-whites are oppressed.

White people are the LEAST "race loyal" people on the planet. In the UK, many companies actively discriminate against white people to achieve race quotas.
This just simply isnt true. Race quotas/affirmative action were started because white managers wouldnt hire people outside their race. Their was a study done recently where resumes with white and black sounding names with the same qualifications were sent to companies. Want to know which one got the most call backs?

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...name-resume-50-percent-less-likely-get-respo/

This just simply isnt true. Race quotas/affirmative action were started because white managers wouldnt hire people outside their race. Their was a study done recently where resumes with white and black sounding names with the same qualifications were sent to companies. Want to know which one got the most call backs?

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...name-resume-50-percent-less-likely-get-respo/

People have in group preferences. This phenomena isn't exclusive to white people.

In fact, white people arguably have the weakest level of in group preference among all the races.

Black people have much stronger in group preference, Something like 97% of black people voted for Obama. Having in group preference is natural human phenomena.

You said you "used to be", which implies that you aren't anymore ... however you still subscribe to racist world views such as all white people having privilege.
Seano is a troll so im not actually trying to seriously debate him.

Believing something like white privilege exists doesnt make me racist, buddy.

It does by your own definition.

You are completely ignoring the possibility ( and this point I would say likelihood) that these two " assholes " were treated poorly and the police never should have been called .

And even still their behavior is not warranted or suggested.

The fact that I'll blow your argument away doesn't make me a troll.

Of course it does. You are implying that I get special benefits because I'm white.

I dont think you understand my point. How is white privilege slandering white people? People hire their own because that is who they are more comfortable with. And when white people have the most power in this country they have the most privilege. Denying that is just being dishonest.
The Rooney rule from the NFL is a great example of this , when the NFL years ago look into why there were so few minority coaches they realized they weren't even getting interviews, it was an old boys club , the interviewed and hired people that they knew or knew of , the Rooney Rule simply States that you have to interview a minority candidate and this work wonderfully

You are completely ignoring the possibility ( and this point I would say likelihood) that these two " assholes " were treated poorly and the police never should have been called .
"possibility" being the key word here. What I'm seeing is a general assumption that they must have been treated poorly, though these is literally no evidence to support that claim other than the color of their skin.

"possibility" being the key word here. What I'm seeing is a general assumption that they must have been treated poorly, though these is literally no evidence to support that claim other than the color of their skin.
But if the police were actually called 2 minutes after they arrived what the hell would you call that ?

But if the police were actually called 2 minutes after they arrived what the hell would you call that ?
Can I get some source on this 2 minute thing? Not saying you're making it up, I just haven't seen that myself.

Like I said to someone else though, how long does it take for someone to tell a manager they don't plan to buy anything?

Back