Cops episode just illustrated alot of what's wrong with policing in the US

well you're a Veteran, right? unless another poster in here said they were former military officer

Do the other Veteran cops in your precinct (or whatever the term is, apologize if incorrect) seem to be more calm under pressure than the regular, non vet/civilian LEO?
Or would you say you don't notice the difference?

I mean it depends on if the person was USN, USAF or USCG or reserves/nasty girl in comparison to active USMC or RA, but either way do you notice any difference between them? maybe marksmanship? the combatives/hand to hand combat/martials arts training? defensive driving? Detainee Handling procedures?

I'm genuinely curious, is all

I'm a Marine and Army vet. 3 deployments to the sandbox and N.O. post Katrina.

We have some vets that are hot heads. Some are cool headed. Your assertion looks good on paper but doesn't always hold water.

Considering Zimmerman's behavior post acquittal, are you still so sure about the Trayvon Martin shooting? It was really just his word against a dead guys... seems pretty likely that Zimmerman started the fight and then pulled his gun when he started losing--that's murder.

Actually, it's not murder. Are you suggesting that while Martin was pounding his head that Zimmerman, under "cool reflection," decided to kill him ? That's a huge stretch.

I think G.Z. is an asshole, but not a murderer.

we get it. you support cops no matter what. so blind

Yea...like sooo blind broooo...

Hardly. Nice try, geek. When someone's wrong, they're wrong. You're just a typical reactionary Sherdog geek with an infantile aversion to authority and no clue what police can do or can't do. Grow up, kid. It's embarrassing.

You've obviously never been to Philly. :D
well, it's true though.

if cops treat you like a POS every encounter, then you must be a huge piece of shit.

same thing goes for cop. I always tell all my rookies if you get citizen complaints more than average, then you must be an asshole.

Last edited:
well, it's true though.

if cops treat you like a POS every encounter, then you must be a huge piece of shit.

same thing goes for cop. I always tell all my rookies if you get citizen complaints more than average, then you must be an asshole.

No, it's not true. In my encounters with the police they more often than not began the interaction with unnecessary attitude. Sure, you can blame me in your mind. But oddly I was never arrested for anything so you'd need a pretty liberal definition of "piece of shit".

One example that springs to mind is going downtown for something and realizing there's parking meters and not having change. So I look around to see where I can break a dollar for some quarters. Down a few cars I see a cop with his foot up on a bumper writing a ticket. I politely ask the dude if he can make change for me and tell him it's for the meter. He rudely asks something to the effect of "Can't you see I'm busy here?" and I start to walk off. Quickly realizing what a dick he was, he called me back over, apologized, and pointed out where to go. Kudos to the cop, but he was still a dick right off the bat for no reason. I've got a few cops are dicks stories (none of which involve them confronting me for a crime) but only one where the cop was nice and helpful from start to finish. And that's the only one where the cop showed any remorse for the poor treatment.

Cops on Big Island are far more polite and chill. I'd like to think even the Philly cops aren't as big a d-bags as they used to be, but they probably still suck compared to other parts of the country. My guess is the level of courtesy varies greatly from place to place.

Not very scientific I know but a great example none the less.

There was an old episode on spike...I turned it on to see 2 police cars in pursuit of a gray corvette. They put on their lights and sirens and the vette continued for a mile then pulled over... the sole occupant had his hands up visibly through the t-tops.

Both cops are standing guns drawn and directing the guy to keep his hands up and walk back to them...He was complying but facing them. They tell him to turn around again and when he does one cop does a jumping headlock, driving his face into the ground. Mind you the guy was obviously intoxicated but not the least bit aggressive. He was wearing a tank top and shorts so it was clear he wasn't armed.

They both pounce on him and cuff him then stand him up and his mouth is all busted up and he's confused. At this point the cops are grilling him and the guy is answering everything with "yes sir".
The guy spits some blood out on the ground... cop screams "YOU ASK PERMISSION IF YOU WANNA SPIT YOU GOT ME!!!!"

Then it cuts to the end of the arrest. The cock sucking cop asks in a snark tone. ..."hey is that vette paid off pal?"
"Yes it's paid off"guy answers.
"Well thanks you just donated it to our department".

It was pretty disgusting to watch. The takedown was totally unnecessary and excessive. Didn't take the suspects health into consideration at all.

Second... the cops interrogating him while he was under obvious duress and I believe not read his rights.

Third the way the cops talked to a guy that was being totally compliant and polite. They took his crimes personal and got belligerent. Demonstrated their attitude that they are the over lords when in reality they are supposed to protect and serve.

And worst of all the gloating about the most unconstitutional and corrupt law of all, asset forfeiture.

And for the record I'm not a cop hater but I have a serious problem with the way policing has evolved.

Those aren't cops, they were fucking pigs.

There are lots of good cops out there but these shitty ones give the good ones a bad name.

I've said many times, police and other government workers need to be held to much higher standards than anyone else. They need to be severely punished.

The "unarmed" card is a non starter in most cases.

Unarmed people killed 660 people in 2014. More than all rifle types combined. Hardly a non threat given the circumstances are usually them assaulting or attempting to disarm an officer.
You still peddling this bs?

There was an old episode on spike...I turned it on to see 2 police cars in pursuit of a gray corvette. They put on their lights and sirens and the vette continued for a mile then pulled over... the sole occupant had his hands up visibly through the t-tops.

Both cops are standing guns drawn and directing the guy to keep his hands up and walk back to them...He was complying but facing them. They tell him to turn around again and when he does one cop does a jumping headlock, driving his face into the ground. Mind you the guy was obviously intoxicated but not the least bit aggressive. He was wearing a tank top and shorts so it was clear he wasn't armed.

They both pounce on him and cuff him then stand him up and his mouth is all busted up and he's confused. At this point the cops are grilling him and the guy is answering everything with "yes sir".
The guy spits some blood out on the ground... cop screams "YOU ASK PERMISSION IF YOU WANNA SPIT YOU GOT ME!!!!"

Then it cuts to the end of the arrest. The cock sucking cop asks in a snark tone. ..."hey is that vette paid off pal?"

It was pretty disgusting to watch. The takedown was totally unnecessary and excessive. Didn't take the suspects health into consideration at all.

Second... the cops interrogating him while he was under obvious duress and I believe not read his rights.

Third the way the cops talked to a guy that was being totally compliant and polite. They took his crimes personal and got belligerent. Demonstrated their attitude that they are the over lords when in reality they are supposed to protect and serve.

And worst of all the gloating about the most unconstitutional and corrupt law of all, asset forfeiture.

And for the record I'm not a cop hater but I have a serious problem with the way policing has evolved.

This been happening for hundred of years to minorities and inner city citizens. Most of the right never wanted to admit of course lol.

I don't mean to condone face planting people for looking at you. I obviously agree that use of force needs to be reasonable according to the circumstances.

But I think this disconnect between law enforcement and the lay person watching a video is due to a disparity of experience.

10 years in law enforcement has taught me that people who are "cooperating" but failing to listen are looking for a way out, whether that's a fight, or a way to run away, or whatever.

It was not obvious as a rookie, but with a few years of experience it has become very obvious when a person is "cooperating" but not cooperating. That is, they're playing the part of an innocent person, but they're trying to distract you or get your guard down.

Personally, I generally deal with it by telling the subject it's obvious that he's hiding something (or whatever) and to cut it out. But I could see a scenario (such as a felony stop with guns drawn) where immediate action is required.

That doesn't mean face plant the guy immediately. But it does mean going hands-on. And if there is any resistance at all, it needs to go from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye.

From the description you gave, I'd guess this cop was not confident in his soft take downs and felt the need to go balls to the wall. Which is obviously a problem. But it's not as big a problem as you make it sound. Going hands on in that situation is not at all unwarranted.

Don't see the problem with it. Even though as others have noted shits changed largely The guy fled from them and its unknown if hes armed or is going to comply further. Better to get a a surprise takedown in rather than have it turned into mutual combat where both parties are injured worse and the cops have to use force multipliers and such.

All threads and posts like TS illustrates again is how the armchair critic deludes themselves into thinking they know how to go about volatile situations in the " right " manner. It never ceases to amaze how joe shmoe can have no experience at all with situations like this yet feel comfortable going well..
YOcdhBmh.jpg

This been happening for hundred of years to minorities and inner city citizens. Most of the right never wanted to admit of course lol.

It's been happening to people of all colors for hundreds of years. Maybe if the anticop/blm movement over the last 5 years didn't focus on race and instead focused on police misconduct in general it would have garnered more support from whites, Asians, etc.
But unfortunately it's anti white, and involved rioting and the destruction of cities, blocking traffic and violence. Then white folks see this vitriol and violence on tv and start to sympathize more with the cops that they have to deal with such animals.

It's been happening to people of all colors for hundreds of years. Maybe if the anticop/blm movement over the last 5 years didn't focus on race and instead focused on police misconduct in general it would have garnered more support from whites, Asians, etc.
But unfortunately it's anti white, and involved rioting and the destruction of cities, blocking traffic and violence. Then white folks see this vitriol and violence on tv and start to sympathize more with the cops that they have to deal with such animals.

I think the only reason race falls into to it because most of this mistreatment is by white cops. Also it appears they hire more Caucasion officers than any other race for some reason.

I think the only reason race falls into to it because most of this mistreatment is by white cops. Also it appears they hire more Caucasion officers than any other race for some reason.

I would disagree with that but regardless of the reason it wasn't very effective.

I don't mean to condone face planting people for looking at you. I obviously agree that use of force needs to be reasonable according to the circumstances.

But I think this disconnect between law enforcement and the lay person watching a video is due to a disparity of experience.

10 years in law enforcement has taught me that people who are "cooperating" but failing to listen are looking for a way out, whether that's a fight, or a way to run away, or whatever.

It was not obvious as a rookie, but with a few years of experience it has become very obvious when a person is "cooperating" but not cooperating. That is, they're playing the part of an innocent person, but they're trying to distract you or get your guard down.

Personally, I generally deal with it by telling the subject it's obvious that he's hiding something (or whatever) and to cut it out. But I could see a scenario (such as a felony stop with guns drawn) where immediate action is required.

That doesn't mean face plant the guy immediately. But it does mean going hands-on. And if there is any resistance at all, it needs to go from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye.

From the description you gave, I'd guess this cop was not confident in his soft take downs and felt the need to go balls to the wall. Which is obviously a problem. But it's not as big a problem as you make it sound. Going hands on in that situation is not at all unwarranted.

I've seen plenty of this instances you are talking about and this was not it. The dude was not physically imposing, walked with a limp, etc....He was actively rotating to turn away from the cops while walking backwards with his hands on his head and the cop mauled him.

Probably due to the crazy high amount of black people committing crimes.

Ironically, most of their crime is intra-racial and the leftist psychotics still insist police are racists targeting them only because they're black and not because of their crime rates. It's truly disgusting. Essentially they're condemning black victims.

Its

It's hilarious you complain about that but not the fact the guy was intoxicated and putting other peoples life at risk. Also its that guys fault he was too intoxicated to follow simple instructions. Maybe let that guy drive your loved ones around and see if your opinion changes. Be happy there are people who still love the uniform to put up with whiny punks like yourself

Back