International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin had 14000 new cases today...? or is this lag reporting?

Can you link where you saw that please...I'm freaking out a little right now.

What a brilliant idea! Let's start a clean energy economy by overhauling the entire society with costly infrastructure while the country is in enormous debt and most people are struggling to get back on track financially. What could go wrong? I hope these retard politicians are including major paycuts to their own salaries and reducing the size of this bloated government as part of the restoration plan.
Too bad our government wasn’t more bloated then maybe hospitals would be funded and the death rate could resemble Germany or South Korea- two countries which will be much better suited for the post-CV19 economy.

For the Flu Bros...

You’ve all been arguing that the flu kills 30-60k people a year.

So let’s do some math.

60,000 deaths / 50 States = average 1200 deaths per state per year.

1200 Deaths Per State Per Year / 12 months = Avg 100 deaths a month per state

NY had 1200 deaths this month. With extreme measures in place.

How is leaving this unchecked the best option?
Yeah, and it's had 500 deaths in the last three days and the rate hasn't slowed down yet. Next month will be A LOT more than 1200 deaths in NY.

Given their extreme amount of elderly and population density.. whether people had been tested or not the deaths should be ROLLING already. One would think they'd be easily over 50 deaths a day, not 50 total.
Healthy population lacking the obesity numbers of let's say Italy. A better diet as well. These things add up.

Can you quote one person saying to leave this unchecked now?

Don't think he can.

Although I will say Japan left it unchecked for months, with some of the highest population density and elderly population and have... 50 deaths. Idk.

Also the Swiss are saying 80% of ICU cases are considered obese. All those fat acceptance blimps may get taken out this Spring..

Promise it was there on my cell phone, with total cases at 27,000 today. It's now gone. Not sure what happened.

News stations here reporting 1200 total positives. Maybe it wasn't Wisconsin you saw...

I know we have all been parroting that 10-20% need ICU, and that death rates spike when ICU's are filled but NY has 60k cases. ICUs should be filled, and we should be seeing 400 to 500 deaths a day in NY.

There are 146k active cases in the US. We should be seeing 2-3k people dying daily in the US, instead the total number of deaths is 2.6k since the start.

I am not a denier of this thing being deadly, or social distancing etc... Just saying this may be a little over hyped. I've been following this since mid January and expected it to be a shit storm, we aren't really seeing that. The exponential growth isn't continuing it's trend and perhaps that is the quarantine doing it's job. We expected Italy's numbers to hit 1k deaths, then 2k deaths, then 4k deaths etc. What we are seeing is it hovering around 600-800 a day.

The state of Washington which was one of the earliest hit should be pouring in deaths daily. It's at 200 deaths total.
If we look at the number of confirmed cases in The Netherlands, about 34% of those confirmed cases need hospitalisation, and 11% of the total confirmed cases need ICU-admittance.
However, if we take the numbers of estimated actual cases (based on WHO-numbers saying 4% of actual cases will need hospitalisation), we get totally different numbers. If I then look at those estimates, I have, obviously, 4% hospitalisation, but 1,3% of all estimated actual infections needing ICU-admittance. There are currently about 1100 ICU-beds taken by COVID-19-patients; under normal circumstances, there is a total of 1150 ICU-beds in The Netherlands (currently being scaled up to 2500).
864 people have died.

Now, the worst flu season in recent memory was the 2017/ 2018 season. About 2,5 million people (14,7%) got infected, and 16000 required hospitalisation, which gives us a rate of 0,64%. ICU-numbers unfortunately are not available, or at least, I can't find them. Estimated deaths related to that years flu was 9400. That whole season lasted 18 weeks. That means an average of under 900 hospitalisations per week, and 522 deaths per week. We had 2760 hospitalisations the last 7 days, and 651 deaths. We're in week 5, with an estimated infection rate of 0,6%, or 99750 infected.

Just to put things in some numerical perspective.

News stations here reporting 1200 total positives. Maybe it wasn't Wisconsin you saw...

It was Wisconsin I saw man, I should have screenshotted it. I'm guessing it was a glitch or a data entry error. Thank goodness.

just got off the phone with my mom.

she was crying, talking about how so many people are dying..

heart breaking to say the least.

We need to check our folks mental health. This is not something a lot of people can be prepared for mentally.

Last time the world faced something similar to this magnitude I think was 1918?

There was the Honk Kong Flu in the 60s but I never heard my Mom and Grannies talking about it nor they mentioned mass quarantines.

So I guess this is actually the worst since 1918.

We are actually part of a major historical event.

I mean, can't people just be reasonable? How difficult is that really? My IQ isn't Neil De Grasse Tyson-level but I've managed to figure it out. But for the most part in this country, you can do it just using a bit of common sense.
That IS the problem. 50% of the U.S. population is 'dumb' and has no common sense. They think only of themselves and have less than $1,000 in savings.

Also, anyone concerned about the planet being overpopulated and not being able to have enough resources for the future, this virus will bring those numbers down. Sad as it is, Third World countries will suffer the most deaths due to lack of education, good hygiene, and hospitals.

Last edited:
Looks like the entire Ga. legislature was exposed...

"The entire Georgia state legislature has been advised to self-quarantine thanks to a Republican state senator, now tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus, who thought he felt good enough to come to work this week, the Hill reports.

State Sen. Brandon Beach (R) said that he received a test on Saturday after experiencing a cough and mild fever, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He said that he felt healthy enough to participate in Monday's special legislative session that was used to give Gov. Brian Kemp (R) new authorities to respond to the coronavirus outbreak.

So let’s be clear: He felt bad enough to seek out testing, and was tested, but went to work while awaiting the results. On Wednesday, his test came back positive."

This Peach State problem is yet another indication of the political disparity characterizing the state-wide responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. But now that Georgia’s entire state legislature is under quarantine, maybe a light bulb will suddenly go on over Kemp’s head.

For the sake of Georgia residents, we better hope so."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...le-Governor-Kemp-refuses-to-close-restaurants

How long have we been hearing, "if you're sick, STAY HOME". Now, this one carrier exposed the Ga. legislature AND anyone they came into contact with!

SMH.
its like the GOP takes pride in electing the dumbest fuckers they can find..

I think the Brazilian president also said some thing stupid recently.
The guy is an idiot. Like many in the U.S. Congress. He has said many stupid things and will continue to say them. He said that the COVID-19 was just a flu virus.

in general.

she lives in Flushing over here in Queens. Elmhurst is the area that got hit the hardest, & it's about 15-20 minutes away. that's actually where I was born.

Elmhurst is a hotspot, very popular in Queens. for me personally - all the hottest chicks I've ever met are from Elmhurst.
and I think its because theres not a lot of hospitals in Queens. They have the least amount of hospitals per person vs Manhatten and Brooklyn, so that means the people in Elmhurts hospital is probably from Flushing

That IS the problem. 50% of the U.S. population is 'dumb' and has no common sense. They think only for themselves and have less than $1,000 in savings.

Also, anyone concerned about the planet being overpopulated and not being able to have enough resources for the future, this virus will bring those numbers down. Sad as it is, Third World countries will suffer the most deaths due to lack of education, good hygiene, and hospitals.

Yeah I hear ya. Stupidity and selfishness.

Drove past a house in our neighborhood with 7 cars in their driveway yesterday. Everyone was inside, the weather sucked. They invited all those people over, and the people showed up. They just don't give a shit.

Wow, some Florida counties finally putting their foot down on reckless people who openly flaunt against public health orders huh?

This is no doubt going to send the "civil liberties" folks up the wall. I personally think their incompetent Governor should have already done this shit statewide during Spring Break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back