Crazy Beliefs

MORE!....What pills? Did he qualify for medical assistance for mental illness after that?
Opioids. He actually got busted trying to buy rx meds from a lady we have that had cancer. She and bunch of other people turned him in.

Astrology is straight dogshit. I got into heat with a lot of former friends because I expressed my views on the subject, not knowing that they were big into their hotoscopes.

Astrology is straight dogshit. I got into heat with a lot of former friends because I expressed my views on the subject, not knowing that they were big into their hotoscopes.

Anytime a girl i'm interested in asks me what my sign is....

j2AXPLU.gif

I want to believe...at least for one night.

Knew a guy who said he wrote all of these famous songs and people stole them and used them.

I worked with a girl who was a hardcore rationalist engineer who confessed to me one day that she was completely convinced ghosts were real.

Domain-specific sensibilities are a thing.

Case in point...

Francis Sellers Collins (source Wikipedia)
330px-Francis_Collins_official_portrait.jpg

is an American physician-geneticist who discovered the genes associated with a number of diseases and led the Human Genome Project. He is director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, United States.

Before being appointed director of the NIH, Collins led the Human Genome Project and other genomics research initiatives as director of the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), one of the 27 institutes and centers at NIH. Before joining NHGRI, he earned a reputation as a gene hunter at the University of Michigan.[1] He has been elected to the Institute of Medicine and the National Academy of Sciences, and has received the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the National Medal of Science.

Collins also has written a number of books on science, medicine, and religion, including the New York Times bestseller, The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief. After leaving the directorship of NHGRI and before becoming director of the NIH, he founded and served as president of The BioLogos Foundation, which promotes discourse on the relationship between science and religion and advocates the perspective that belief in Christianity can be reconciled with acceptance of evolution and science, especially through the advancement of evolutionary creation.[2] In 2009, Pope Benedict XVI appointed Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences

Religious Views/Christianity

By graduate school Collins considered himself an atheist. However, a conversation with a hospital patient led him to question his lack of religious views, and he investigated various faiths. He familiarized himself with the evidence for and against God in cosmology, and on the recommendation of a Methodist minister used Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis as a foundation to develop his religious views. He eventually came to a conclusion and became a Christian after a "leap of faith" when he saw a frozen waterfall during a hike on a fall afternoon.[64] He has described himself as a "serious Christian".[26]

In his 2006 book The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief, Collins wrote that scientific discoveries were an "opportunity to worship" and that he rejected both Young Earth creationism and intelligent design. His own belief, he wrote, was theistic evolution or evolutionary creation, which he preferred to call BioLogos. He wrote that one can "think of DNA as an instructional script, a software program, sitting in the nucleus of the cell".[65] He appeared in December 2006 on The Colbert Report television show and in a March 2007 Fresh Air radio interview to discuss this book.[66][67] In an interview with D. J. Grothe on the Point of Inquiry podcast he said that the overall aim of the book was to show that "one can be intellectually in a rigorous position and argue that science and faith can be compatible", and that he was prompted to write the book because "most people are seeking a possible harmony between these worldviews [science and faith], and it seems rather sad that we hear so little about this possibility.[68]

Collins is a critic of intelligent design, and for this reason he was not asked to participate in the 2008 documentary Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. Walt Ruloff, a producer for the film, claimed that by rejecting intelligent design, Collins was "toeing the party line", a claim which Collins called "just ludicrous".[69] In an interview he stated that "intelligent design is headed for collapse in the not too distant future" and that "science class ought to be about science, and opening the door to religious perspectives in that setting is a big mistake."[68] In 2007, Collins founded the BioLogos Foundation to "contribute to the public voice that represents the harmony of science and faith". He served as the foundation's president until he was confirmed as director of the NIH.[70] Collins has also spoken at the Veritas Forum on the relationship between science and religion and the existence of God.[71]

Christopher Hitchens referred to Francis Collins as a 'Great American' and stated that Collins was one of the most devout believers he had ever met.[72] He further stated that Collins was sequencing the genome of the cancer that would ultimately claim Hitchens's life, and that their friendship despite their differing opinion on religion was an example of the greatest armed truce in modern times.

Flat earth is up there. I know a guy who believed carrots cure everything and doctors were suppressing carrot research because it would put them out of jobs. Same guy is also a militant raw vegan and any conversation you have with him turns into him preaching about how meat is bad for you. The kicker is that this guy eats meat.

Knew a guy who said he wrote all of these famous songs and people stole them and used them.

Well to be fair it does happen. I left my note pad at Eminem's once, and then this...

I also wrote several Leonard Cohen, and Johnny Cash songs, but I don't want to start shit. Best to let it go.
giphy.gif

Anytime a girl i'm interested in asks me what my sign is....

j2AXPLU.gif

I want to believe...at least for one night.
The girl that cost me another girl regaled me that night with her insights into 3 layered signs.

"I'm a cancer but I was born under a scorpio moon with a virgo rising."

I also wrote several Leonard Cohen, and Johnny Cash songs, but I don't want to start shit. Best to let it go.

Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" by NIN is absolute trash.

Well to be fair it does happen. I left my note pad at Eminem's once, and then this...

giphy.gif

Did we meet?

what ppl don't understand is that the entire Universe, with all it's creatures, beliefs, credos, customs, foibles, doctrines, enterprises big and small.....
1262096244_cave-jump.gif

are all occurring inside the Black Hole that is Rosie O'Donnell's cooch.
*saw it on a bootleg Ancient Aliens

Flat earth is up there. I know a guy who believed carrots cure everything and doctors were suppressing carrot research because it would put them out of jobs. Same guy is also a militant raw vegan and any conversation you have with him turns into him preaching about how meat is bad for you. The kicker is that this guy eats meat.

Question.

Does said guy eat carrot fed pigeons?

Back