Locked PWD 1162: Spring Breakin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord I didn't know they debuted the Ding Dongs at this military show @Pliny Pete

<6>

Now that the dust has settled. Do you think they drafted a black QB because they are in Atlanta? You know this shit is chess not checkers, brother.

<EdgyBrah>
The closest the Falcons ever got to putting a dent in the chokehold that the Braves and SEC football have on this city was when Vick was running wild. That new stadium ain’t gonna pay for itself, we need to move some tickets. Call him Arthur Watts!

arthur-blank-michael-vick-wheelchair-2003jpg.jpg

"Oh for God's SAKE"

The algorithm is still spitting Outsiders videos at me. I had no idea they ever did the Fugees walkout on TV.

Typical WCW too that the commentators won't shut up and talk over a badass walkout while making no note of it. Pretty shitty entrance that didn't feel special at all for an expensive, licensed song.

The algorithm is still spitting Outsiders videos at me. I had no idea they ever did the Fugees walkout on TV.

Typical WCW too that the commentators won't shut up and talk over a badass walkout while making no note of it. Pretty shitty entrance that didn't feel special at all for an expensive, licensed song.

Question. @RollSonnenRoll was this during the time when WCW was doing that I hate rap gimmick with Curt Hennig?

Bischoff gets way too much shit for Hog/Road Wild. It was a showpiece event to entice blue collar/motorsport type sponsors, which they eventually got. It was a unique atmosphere and flavor which is what This Business is all about! I'll take a bare minimum Sturgis set over a million interchangeable bland LED boards that look the same in every arena any day of the week. What did they really miss out on? A 3600 paid attendance if they ran in Tupelo?!

Why did they change the name, Road Wild sounds stupid

Criticizing him for running unique shows is dumb

I loved the setting but I can imagine the wrestlers weren't comfortable being surrounded by a bunch of drunk bikers in a giant gravel parking lot.

Why did they change the name, Road Wild sounds stupid

Criticizing him for running unique shows is dumb
The go-to is always that it was a wrestling show that had zero gate. Just a walk up crowd that didnt pay a nickel so it's an easy target for WCW's business practices. "they ran a show that sold no tickets!" That's not the point of it though and it's not like WCW we're doing major business at the gate in 96 anyways.

No more Techwood Saturday 6:05 until the stream starts over. :(

I like the atmosphere in '89 so I think the change to an arena setting was good, it added so much to the intensity of the shows and the excitement with all these new rasslers popping up, Muta and the SST especially were enhanced by being able to walk through the crowd while their intimidating entrance music played, no way you get that in a brightly lit studio in front of 50 people

Terry Funk feeding off the energy of the live crowd woulda been lost too

The show quickly got stale and felt too homogenized when the 90's hit though, and then I agree Center Stage felt like a bad move

They got sued by HOG (Harley Owners Group).

So no one is allowed to say the word hog but Harley Davidson?
I dont understand how that would hold up in court

Hope they never find out about Master P's rasslin promotion, House Of Glory

I loved the setting but I can imagine the wrestlers weren't comfortable being surrounded by a bunch of drunk bikers in a giant gravel parking lot.

Maybe they shoulda changed the name to Buck Wild and had a huge muscled up half naked black dude as the logo for all the bikers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back