Crazy how this dude makes 155

He hasn't missed weight in his last 3 fights though. Believe it or not, he would be one of the smaller welterweights when all is said and done and the fighters are in the cage. You think someone like Woodley can make 155? impossible. Also, his reach is only 70, compared to a career welter like gsp, who is 76. The dude has a small frame and it shows in the cage. Why would he go to WW when he can make LW and is a champ here. Besides, I want to see him against Tony and or Lee, who are equally big if not bigger, before moving to a different weight, etc. The only LW in the top 10 or so who isn't big is probably Gaethje, and even he is on the taller side.

Tony used to be a huge LW but he looked like a damn skeleton last fight. Pretty sure he dehydrated down from his walking weight of 156.5

So long as they make weight I don't give a fuck how much they weigh walking around. I'm sure there are a few LWs who walk around heavier. So be it so long as they hit the scale on point. I just think it's funny to say that a guy who has missed weight repeatedly, was hospitalized for a weight cut once and most recently reported having a seizure from weight cutting is referred to as a small LW. He's not. He's a thick, stocky dude. He's just not tall for the division.

Oh I won't argue with you there, he's definitely not a small LW, all these guy's are huge. This is the "evolution of the sport" people love talking about, it's not really that the skill sets have greatly improved it's that guys have perfected weight cutting to the point that in cage weights in each division on average are 10-15 pounds heavier than they were 10 years ago.

Some guys (like Khabib) just aren't as professional about it and instead of steadily dropping the weight during camp through disiplined dieting they wait to the last minute and cut in a more dangerous fashion, which imo is simply being unprofessional.

I think Anthony Rumble Johnson is P4P best weight cutter ( minus missing weight a few times)

siver1.jpg

Dear lord...

Scarecrow...

Back