Creed II Official Trailer # 2

Right, he was a light heavy wasnt he last fight. he could've jumped from 175 to 198-205 and be a HW while Drago is 230-240 or something...I hope they make it realistic.

Not bad at all. Only adjustment would be, the registered hands thing is a myth.

True, but they are registered as boxers. Pull that file in court, and the prosecution will have a field day. For sake of the movie they can refer to his hands as "deadly weapons". lol

And thanks. lol

Not at all... I think all those modern movies suck (Creed, Southpaw, the one with Mark Wahlberg, etc...).

The few attempts to make MMA flicks failed miserably too... What was this shit movie called, Never back down? Really? They tried to make it appealing to the hipster audience. And another one with Tom Hardy... Go fuck yourself!

They lack the soul and credibility of older flicks... I'd rather watch Rocky V three times in a row than this bullcrap once.
Yea it got corny from Rocky III onwards, but it was entertaining... This guy who plays the leading character in Creed has as much charisma as a garbage bag.

There was also a good movie where Mickey Rourke played a boxer, can't recall the name now.

Different people have different tastes. lol

True, but they are registered as boxers. Pull that file in court, and the prosecution will have a field day. For sake of the movie they can refer to his hands as "deadly weapons". lol

And thanks. lol
The court will consider any assault or maiming by a declared professional fighter in any of the combat sports as assault with a deadly weapon. You are correct in that sense. But there's no hands or feet registered as deadly weapons foolishness. In the case of a movie they can just play that fact regardless without using a BS unrealistic "registered hands" thing. Jus sayin...:D

The court will consider any assault or maiming by a declared professional fighter in any of the combat sports as assault with a deadly weapon. You are correct in that sense. But there's no hands or feet registered as deadly weapons foolishness. In the case of a movie they can just play that fact regardless without using a BS unrealistic "registered hands" thing. Jus sayin...:D

Yeah if I said registered hands that's my fault. Looking back on the post I did say that. Registered meaning he has a license to box, not his hands being documented as deadly weapons. Well played. lol

Fictional or not it would be hard to say this trailer does not get you hype for November. The Rocky, and now Creed movies embody the living spirit of the underdog. This is spirit is almost synonymous with boxing.

I've heard mixed reviews. Some in boxing love the exposure, and representation the Rocky series provides. Some think it is disrespectful the level of attention this fictional champion receives.

Do you think the Rocky, and Creed movies overall are a good ambassador to the public whose only experience with boxing may come from Hollywood. Or do you think the Rocky, and Creed movies fail to capture the essence of the sweet science?

Well if you were well acquainted with boxing history as far back as the beginning of the gloved era, you could see that Stallon had more than a passing interest and incorporated much of boxing's historical highlights into his scripts. And I'm not talking about Wepner.
The Rivers vs Walgast double knockout.1912. I think this was Stalone's awesome inspiration.
http://knucklesandgloves.com/july-4-1912-ad-wolgast-joe-rivers/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back