cruz is king of smack take

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by tekkenfan, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Ken Oath

Ken Oath Green Belt

When has he even taken smack op?

2. tekkenfan

tekkenfan Purple Belt

all fighters take smack but none like bones n nugget

3. wookie brawl

wookie brawl Brown Belt

Conor and Bisping are the best at smack talk because Irish & british have similar sense of humour-it has playfulness & not serious, they can get the crowd going with it. Cruz smack talk is typically american, condescending & lacks the playful context.

Swarthy, ultramanhyata and MPD-Psycho like this.
  4. biscuitsbrah

biscuitsbrah Black Belt

Cody saying high level 20 times and then claiming Cruz was repeating that word was hilarious

Xavier and MPD-Psycho like this.
  5. peterparker66

peterparker66 Black Belt

Cruz is only the king Jones is the GOAT of smack take in the UFC
    edit on second thought it's probably this guy
    [​IMG]

6. FlloydMayweatherMMA

FlloydMayweatherMMA Green Belt

Who gives a flying fuck, I care more about him actually fighting, not being the king of taking smack or the king of being injured.

7. LEGS MAHONEY

LEGS MAHONEY genetically modified man shark

It's hilarious because you can tell that Bisping picked up quickly on how insecure Cruz is and he just continues picking at him to rile him up.

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.
  8. Head Movement

Head Movement Purple Belt

Imagine Cruz's footwork when he's on smack

9. IsNormal

IsNormal Green Belt

GSP is the king of taking shit talk.
    He just sits there and takes it and smiles.

Chuck Lidell is the king of taking smack.
    <Insert Chuck shadow boxing in crowd gif.>

RiseAboveHat and g*r*b like this.
  10. Shaddows

Shaddows Gold Belt

I think SOnnen and DOm are the best ones, but with very different styles.
    Sonnen bullshits in a way so absurd, you can't respond with anything.

But Dom beats you by speaking facts and throwing it at you in a way you can't respond.
    He is logical, and because he beat everyone, he CAN talk shit. And the fact you didn't accomplish half of what he's done, he can throw this at you.
    And even when he loses, he owns it, so you can't beat him for something he owned up already.
    That makes him hard to discuss with.

but yeah, kids who think Conor is even average at trash talking obviously have no clue what trash talk is.
    He throws insults at you and boast about how rich he is. That's not trash talk.

11. WeazyFBaby

WeazyFBaby Orange Belt

I don't think he is the king of smack talk...He's just a dick to everyone, even as a commentator, and it can be funny. Usually it's just annoying.

#HighLevel

RiseAboveHat likes this.
  12. RaZer Cruz

RaZer Cruz Dojo belt

Top 10, Top 5.

13. Mr. Hammer

Mr. Hammer Silver Belt

Cruz takes smack?

14. Mr. Hammer

Mr. Hammer Silver Belt

I love when he goes on little tangents on commentary. Gives the booth a little flavor.

And on topic yes he's a good trash talker. His intelligent approach trumps the traditional "I wanna bang with you bro".

15. Hoop

Hoop Black Belt

Each to their own on who is the better 'trash talker' but Cruz sounds like a teacher/parent giving a dressing down to not the 3 brightest fighters in the UFC or ex in the case of Faber.

Dillashaw completely contradicts himself talking about 'hating drama' 'wanting to be a role model' etc, but he only says that when he's talking to Cruz or members of TAM. When he does an interview on his own he's not adverse to talking shit and he's recently being going on about 'catching the Mouse' and Johnson being 'scared to fight him' I think he's being more open there because he knows Johnson is not really a shit talker.

American's who do the 'trash talking' is usually catty and cringey, gangster talk depending on where the fighter is from. Cruz articulates his words well and stands out as being different.

I agree Conor does whip out the 'I'm richer than you' line at the best of times, but like someone said; him and Bisping's shit talking is more playful and is part of the culture where they come from, so it doesn't feel as contrived as some of the American fighters. I think it's different depending on what side of the pond you come from.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  16. trident

trident Water Belt

Cruz is a right and proper dick and I respect him for it

17. Shaddows

Shaddows Gold Belt

I don't know.
    If I have to compare them all, IMO Cruz wins.
    because Sonnen is the best, but most of it is scripted.
    Conor is just laced with insults which IMO is not trash talk, is simply rude talk and more often than not, lacks the minimum taste (i.e. calling Siver a Nazi).
    Bisping is better, more genuine, more "playful" but then again, Bisping has not accomplished nearly enough to be able to shut people up with his accomplishments...
    As for Cruz, he is (IMO) the best trash talker because he leaves you with no response. He doesn't raise his voice nor lose his cool. He lets you talk, unlike Conor (for example) who tries to shut you up by screaming over you.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  18. BoD 2.0

BoD 2.0 Brown Belt

Dom thinks he's a lot smarter than he is.

19. Hoop

Hoop Black Belt

Hmm. My definition of trash talk is what Conor and Mayweather were doing when they done that tour. They'd gotten down to just calling each other 'bitch' by the 3rd stop. I don't think Cruz is really a trash talker - and like you said - he's pointing out facts a lot of the time. He's never really had a verbal sparring match where someone put it up to him, so to speak.

I would think that throwing insults at someone is more along the lines of 'trash talk' because you're trashing them. I think because a lot of the gyms in the States and the fighters, coaches, et al sort of know each other, you don't tend to see those type of insults going back and forth between them, but I bet behind closed doors they're not talking about their opponent in a positive way. Calling someone German a Nazi isn't what I'd tend to find anything humorous behind it. People forget Siver was the one who came out and started speaking about Conor first.

I wouldn't get offended by anything a fighter says, but I think if you start bringing family or nationality into it, you're asking for trouble. I thought Conor was out of order the way he mentioned dos Anjos' kids, but like Sonnen, Bisping and a couple of others, I don't think he takes it too seriously what he says.

Bisping is probably the most called out fighter in UFC history. I wouldn't call him a 'trash talker' either as it's more 'roasting' someone or slagging/taking the piss out of someone as we'd call it. There's a lot of fighters who like to keep it quiet and have no fuss before a fight, whereas others just let loose. While people think fighters are doing it as some sort of WWE promo, we tend to forget they have to go out and fight and risk serious harm.

The only thing that would make me think 'oh, shut up' is if someone can dish it out but can't take it. Woodley being one of them.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  20. MMA since 1993

MMA since 1993 ____________

I think that's the only thing that we could be thankful that cody did.

Well, at least for us that never liked cruz.