Cruz vs Garbrandt 2

what-are-tou-talking-about-cody-garbrandt.gif

hanging-boys.gif

I think Cruz wins, probably benefits him if it's 5 rounds

Cruz looks well past his prime.
Garbrandt looks like a shadow of a ghost of his former self.

I actually have Dom by a TKO/KO in a 5 round fight, if not, then clear decision.

I’m going to assume that Dom doesn’t age overnight and Cody doesn’t make a miraculous chin recovery, if that’s the case I’m picking Dom via still having the durability to take a few clean shots over a 5 round fight.

Dom UD. Dom found success late in the 1st fight and won the 5th. He was just too behind on the cards and Cody dropped him a few times in a round and danced on him in what was a 10-8. He was well ahead but Dom found success late. Codys confidence and chin are shot. Trevin touched him once round 3 and he completely panicked. Dom would probably feel confident walking Cody down this time and not just laying back and waiting.
Yeah as much as that was a fun performance from Cody, people forget that it was actually close.

This just seems sad. I don't think "you've seen them fight at the top of their game, now let's see how it plays out when they're old, slow, and chinny" is a great sales pitch.

Don't watch it then.

<DisgustingHHH>

In a 3 rounder I think Dom would win on points.

Dom is old and significantly declined, but Garbrandt is full on washed.

Dom
Got hurt and knocked out vs Vera
Knocked out by Cejudo
Hurt and dropped by Cody multiple times

Cody
Got hurt and knocked out by about everybody

So neither guy has a chin, but multiple injuries. Still Cody has way more power and is a lot younger

Cruz was 31 when they last fought, now he is 38 and Cody is 31

This is the fight to make.
It gives Cody a safe chance to build a win streak and it gives Dom a cahnce to avenge his biggest loss.

crazy how this has come full circle lol...that first fight was one of the best performances i seen in the octagon. buddy was doing the robot an shit

Don't watch it then.

<DisgustingHHH>

I won't skip a fight JUST cause it's sad. If that's mid-card on a PPV I guess I'm watching a sad fight. I got through Bambi's mom and Old Yeller I think I'll survive the shambling remains of Dominick Cruz versus a narcoleptic Cody Garbrandt.

But I also wouldn't tune in for that fight, and if I miss it I wouldn't be heartbroken about it.

It's a really 50/50 fight now. The first fight was WAY closer than most think it was and outside of the knockdowns Cody got later in the fight, Cruz could have won.

I’m imagining it would be a 3 rounder, in which case I’d favour Garbrandt but I’m not super confident. One thing I know is if Cody loses a 3 rounder against a way over the hill Dom then he should retire

Dom UD or maybe TKO. Cody has fallen off much worse that Dom has.

Back