Custom Gloves: Ringside, BillBoxing, Zepol

dang... he got me!
Nah DS, I just have faith people arent going to troll.
Either way, Im still getting more gear from Bill.

Bill Beaulieu and topboxer,
have you spent your life in some isolated monastery? You show an absolute lack of empathy towards Kounterpunch. He simply does not like Pakistani gear. He is prejudicial because he likes and trusts Mexican gear, Winning etc. And this is definitely his right. 99% of his posts about your gear are purely sarcastic. Some of them are true a bit (generally in obvious things though, things which go without saying), but in general his criticism is NOT constructive at all. And this is his right, it's just an internet forum in the end.

Let's see what I've been critiquing :

1) insinuating Made in USA when it's not.

2) weird price points.

3) instances of shoddy gear but absolutely no attempt to make right.

4) personal opinion that Made in Pakistan isn't half as good as Mexico / Japan.

5) noticing a weird obsession of bb to say grant this n grant that.

6) hilarious outbursts by Topboxer (which , to his credit , he listened n fixed) . Now bb seems to have picked up a case of "feet in mouth" disease. Contagious ?

How is that "trolling" ?

As for their offer of sending me some gear.....if they are serious....is kinda smart.
If your gear IS good , spending the 10-15$ of manufacture (shipping they wouldn't pay , right ?) to either get your detractor(s) to shut up or convert is a nice decision.
Have I taken that offer or do I give a sht ? But sherdoggers here ...instead of saying "yeah do it ..send it to kp ! Oh look kp , now you're full of shit" are just HURRRRR........DURRRRRR why he get offer and me no get......Duuuur.

Bb obviously want to prove a point (but overlook the other issues I pointed out) and that's their prerogitave.

The herd mentality in this place is amazing.

Hey,
I could act as an impartial judge for Bill's gear instead of KP!

Sorry, just couldn't resist the thought of free gear :icon_lol:

Bill's gloves are nice. The leather quality may be higher than ring to cage gloves, but they aren't really as custom as they think. "Hard or softer padding or Injection molded foam". Ring to cage has gel lining, imf, mexican style, or a combination, now they have a really good affordable version of winning. Bills gloves were nice for sure, but $172.00 nice? I'm not sure about that. Custom ring to cage gloves now cost $130, and overall ring to cage customs have better craftsmanship. An old pair of custom mimis were basically perfect. No lose stitches. There were a few lose stitches on the bill gloves that cost $40.00 more.

You have to pay extra for any extra feature on bill gloves, (different interior, mesh material for cooling.) Ring to cage is whatever you want to do is basically included. Also shipping cost went up for a recently quoted pair of gloves, not sure why, as I was quoted for the same size gloves.

I just can't see why they cost so much, which is why I doubt the ringside heritage line, it's still just imf tech foam with really nice leather. I highly doubt the heritage line will last as long as winnings. Even if the heritage imf foam doesn't break apart, it will still become too soft to be protective.

Here's the bottom line:

Bill's gloves are nice for sure, but they're just too expensive and had more problems with craftsmanship problems than my ring to cages which were less expensive. Ring to cage has never fooled itself, they've always been made in pakistan, but def. upper-end in quality and reasonable price for what they could do.

Prices are also somewhat inconsistent. ring to cage hasn't changed since they started charging extra for custom work ($130.00 for whatever you want).

Also I had some problems with Bill gloves. I asked them to do my own sticker label, they gave me average quality screen printing and the gloves didn't weight 20 oz. That's an objective fact. When it comes down to it, ring to cage is just better quality if you want custom work done and is less expensive.

I have nothing against bill and appreciate making his own brand, but his prices jumped from like $89.99 to to 119.99 and now $160 or $179.99 At one point he had gold gloves priced at $199.99 I believe (Only for a brief time). They are nice gloves, but aren't close to grant's quality. I did find my old grant's to be quite stiff but they were very well made, I don't know if bill's glove have that potential to be that good.

See this what I don't get......I've never heard / seen of grants or most other reputable brands being shipped with blemishes / scars / rips / gold paint smudges / crooked logos etc etc and especially them not acknowledging and making it up.

Say anything on here though and it's ZOMFG ...STOP TROLLING !

I swear if Michael Bisping started posting on sherdog he'd be a fan favourite in no time ..........."that Bisping guy....yeah he's such a gentleman. These guys are just haters.....have you smelled his farts .......yeah just gorgeous......like a spring flower bouquet !"

Kounterpunch, the point is that sending you a free or a discounted pair of gloves won't change any of these points.
Hookset, NH will still be on them. They will be still terribly overpriced for anybody else. They will be still more or less nice Pakistani IMF gloves, not Winning or Reyes (and we both know how great these gloves are).
And (probably unlike topboxer or BB) I am pretty sure that getting a free pair won't change your mind just because you are getting them for free.

Last edited:
The only person they should send something to is Blair. After lowering prices

What I'm saying is that Bill and topboxer should stop arguing with Kounterpunch because it's making them look bad. You can't change everyone.

They need to improve their CS skills generally speaking, and of course stop getting into childish arguments online like this. There's a proper way to respond to criticism and they haven't shown it so far, too defensive.

hi sir , your gloves has been made on priority basis as per your request and have already been dispatched to USA for final inspection by Mr Bill Beaulieu.i hope you will have them soon.thanks

delete

They need to improve their CS skills generally speaking, and of course stop getting into childish arguments online like this. There's a proper way to respond to criticism and they haven't shown it so far, too defensive.

Agree

what does free gloves have to do with instances of shoddy craftsmanship / shitty customer service / price gouging ?

Exactly what I mean. You have not tried the gear. How can you make these statements? You just giving the guy a hard time for nothing.

Exactly what I mean. You have not tried the gear. How can you make these statements? You just giving the guy a hard time for nothing.

lolwut ?

Maybe u missed the posts of customers putting up posts n pics of the scarred / substandard they've received or the non existent customer service they received after.

lolwut ?

Maybe u missed the posts of customers putting up posts n pics of the scarred / substandard they've received or the non existent customer service they received after.

You are NOT a customer of his, why are you the one making all the noise?! I have bought two pairs of gloves from him and have no complaints. IMO, You just have too much time in your hands and very little to say. Why don't you give some insightful feedback on gear you own so that you can actually help people who are not so much into gear - like we are - make informed decisions. In this tread you are just making a disservice to you and others in my opinion.
I am done with this tread.

Ah, Kounterpunch earned double yellow again. Great job, dude! lol
Anyway, one (and I believe very objective) negative for me is (as far as I know) you cannot return Bill's gear.
It is natural since it's custom, but on the other hand for the amount you pay...

Ah, Kounterpunch earned double yellow again. Great job, dude! lol
Anyway, one (and I believe very objective) negative for me is (as far as I know) you cannot return Bill's gear.
It is natural since it's custom, but on the other hand for the amount you pay...

Apparently adding the words "......you idiot" to someone claiming anybody who disses Ronda's boxing skills (because she's just a beginner apparently) is card worthy.

Not that it matters.....exactly no shits were given on this end.

That argument of yours holds no weight btw .
Yes customs are not returnable but that's not true if THE ERRORS ARE ON THE MANUFACTURERS END !

Back