• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cyborg probably would have lost to Prime Ronda

Is this the old "Had 1 loss and is now a can" comment.

OF COURSE she would have.

Fight long enough, and you will have a bad night and lose.

Cyborg did her part in making sure she got KOed. That rush was moronic.
That rush is what she does. Cyborg gonna cyborg.

It would have been an interesting fight for sure.

- The best style for Ronda to beat was someone who moves forward in straight lines and tries to bullrush her which sets up the judo throw and puts the person in her world

- the best style for Cyborg to beat is someone who will stand in front of her and allow her to use her size and power to go for quick damage and the KO.

I struggle to pick this fight but think if Cyborg does not land a major big shot in the first 30 seconds before Ronda gets clinch its over as Cyborg's style walks her right into clinch. She is a brute force bull rush unlike Nunes and Holly who can actually side step, use angles and counter punch.

Lol, Ronda fans are delusional. Here's a slap back to reality.

giphy.gif

This is within the first minute of almost every fight of her career. Anyone who wants to can clench with her right away.

This is the very first fight of her career.
gQwZ7h0.gif

NEG8LvZ.gif

UYu9bmv.gif

ZNwbL2O.gif

A1HYGyF.gif

*Strikeforces women fights were originally 3 minute rounds.
FxUMOGf.gif

mVK4mtG.gif

m5RE3e7.gif

drepeJu.gif

tcseZJK.gif

7fRFDRn.gif

tA7E6fK.gif

HSeILLe.gif

yHoWFg5.gif

YBUS8rp.gif

This is her most recent (before Nunes) She has not changed at all.

Does anyone remember what prime Ronda did to anyone she clenched, especially early in the fight? It was clench, throw, armbar, over. Ronda's greatest strength is Cyborg's greatest weakness. If they had fought people would be saying "Do you remember when Ronda ripped that one dudes are off?
Cyborg was in no danger in any of those gifs. You're right that she would take clinching with Ronda more seriously because it's the only way she could've won. I don't see Ronda tossing Cyborg but we'll never know.

That rush is what she does. Cyborg gonna cyborg.
yup. As i said above. That walks her right into Prime Ronda's strength and Ronda had a good chin pre Holly and the confidence. Post Holly and particularly Nunes, Ronda loses to Cyborg. Her confidence was shattered by Holly and any semblance of it trying to re-emerge was forever destroyed by Nunes And I for one, am happy for it and to see her gone to the WWE.

yup. As i said above. That walks her right into Prime Ronda's strength and Ronda had a good chin pre Holly and the confidence. Post Holly and particularly Nunes, Ronda loses to Cyborg. Her confidence was shattered by Holly and any semblance of it trying to re-emerge was forever destroyed by Nunes And I for one, am happy for it and to see her gone to the WWE.
I am not happy about it. Wmma is better w Rousey than not.

Rousey's chances would be better after what happened to Cyborg on Saturday. Cyborg probably still wins. Rousey cannot take being hit, she's thrown off her game once she gets tagged.

Does anyone remember what prime Ronda did to anyone she clenched, especially early in the fight? It was clench, throw, armbar, over.

It really wasn't that bulletproof.

She did that a few times, but also lost her back or top position a few times.

She would have beat Ronda but lost to Miesha. Ronda did her own thing, Miesha is a student of the game. The night she beat Holly she would have beaten any woman alive. Once she won the title she was content to end her career, that much was clear.

She would have beat Ronda but lost to Miesha. Ronda did her own thing, Miesha is a student of the game. The night she beat Holly she would have beaten any woman alive. Once she won the title she was content to end her career, that much was clear.
Nah. Nunes is just better than holly and meisha,thats why she won.

No- it would've been borg- carano all over again. Ronda doesn't hit like a man nor does she have the shoulder girdle /torque /motion that would lead her to punch and have power like a man.
Cyborg was the first and never duplicated until Amanda(which I spoke about long before Saturday night).

Also after watching Holm fight, Rogan called it beautifully as it looked like Ronda didn't know what " keep your head off center line" meant. I mean boxer like Holly couldve closed her eyes on counters knowing where Ronda s face was. It was that bad. To think Ronda was a -1550 favorite with that said is almost unthinkable. I mean, it's hindsight but Vegas had to of factor in holly s boxing and length to " some degreee"------ they did not, lol

Honestly it's a 50/50 fight. If Ronda gets the clinch there's a very good chance she gets a trip/throw and snares the arm of Cyborg. If she doesn't then Cyborg tees off.

Either way it would not last more than a minute.

Who cares. Ronda made her millions and acted like an elementary school girl when she left. At least Cyborg congratulated her opponent and wants a rematch. Ronda beat up some glorified housewives. She wouldnt be top 5ver today.

It really wasn't that bulletproof.

She did that a few times, but also lost her back or top position a few times.
She got it way more than she didn't. Holm, Lansberg, Ibragimova, and Coenen clenched with her almost the entire fight. Sometimes for extended periods of time. She would have taken her down.

Back