• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cyborg probably would have lost to Prime Ronda

no.

but not surprised this thread suddenly appears after Cyborg's first loss in forever.

typical for Sherdog lol

Actually Cyborg was not able to mount any offense while stuck in the clinch (it's also how Evinger was about to survive for so long.) When Holly took damage it was when she was trading with Borg.

The clinch seems to be the best way to nullify her. Unless you're Nunes and can brawl with her.

I didn't meant that Holm was punched in the clinch, but my English doesn't always gets my point across 100%. Sorry.

Cyborg never adapt either. She has never showed any significant improvement or changed her gameplan in anyway.

Cyborg trained continuously various disciplines in good gyms and tested herself outside MMA here and there. The woman has her limits and we just saw it in her last fight, but saying she never improved or change the game plan is false.

Cyborg trained continuously various disciplines in good gyms and tested herself outside MMA here and there. The woman has her limits and we just saw it in her last fight, but saying she never improved or change the game plan is false.
If she did all that extra training in different disciplines she never showed it in the octagon which is the only place that matters. She never found a way to take advantage in the clench. She didn't shoot for takedowns. Any time it did go to the ground she stood up as soon as possible. She didn't develope any real kicking game with leg kicks or otherwise. Never made any threatening submission attempts. All she does is stand and bang. Her striking got a little cleaner. That's it.

I could definitely see it. People seems to overlook things in Cyborg's fights.

Daria got a hold of her leg and was able to threaten the takedown for well over a minute. Lansberg was able to clinch up against the cage, Holly was able to manhandle her and completely control her in the clinch and could've won a completely boring decision if that's what she'd focused on.

My point is, it's when these fighters let Cyborg have the range that they mess up. She's a massive girl cutting to FW with a decent reach, but even the smaller girls have shown they can more than compete in the clinch.

Ronda's biggest strength by far is her clinch work. If Holly and Lansberg could control Cyborg there, then do you seriously think someone like Ronda wouldn't have been able to get her down from here?

That said, towards the end Ronda was convinced she was a world champion boxer and could beat Mayweather, so she probably would've just tried to stand and strike Borg at range and get flogged.

Just wondering if people can finally agree on this.

Dude...please fucking delete your Sherdog account.
You have to be the DUMBEST poster ive seen on here.
And thats saying something.

The problem with these dumbass sherdoggers, is that if Cyborg had won, theyd be saying the same shit about Amanda.

Mods should delete such wishy-washy stupidity...

Nunes must have punched TS in the head because he's retarded.

Ronda has to be able to get into range to get the clinch and I think she would get lit up before she had a chance to get a proper clinch. People need to remember that Ronda was able to get Holy in the clinch and was unable to much with it granted she got Holm down but Holm got right back up.

Also Ronda was in her prime when she lost to both Holy and Nunes.

Cyborg would have punched Ronda in the face many times until ref saved her just like Nunes did.

Ronda would have annihilated cyborg. It probably would have been shorter than the Nunes fight. And cyborg would be crying in the post fight but no one would have sympathy cos it sounds like wandy crying

Love how these Ronda fanboys try to spin Cyborg losing to Amanda so that it makes Ronda look good. The only way Ronda could have won against Cyborg is the same way she won against Cat. Cyborg bullrushin and falling victim to some submission. In reality Cyborg would have made Ronda look like the one trick pony.

Ronda would have looked like the toxic avenger post fight

Back