Media D Johnson: I'm a greater fighter than GSP and Silva

Sorry DJ but if you feel the need to proclaim yourself as the goat, then youre not the goat.

Mate being tall doesn’t mean you’re two weight classes above someone. DJ was 142 in the ufc, and at least officially you’re meant to be 135 in one so they were close in weight
lmao bro hes thicker and taller

DC_8452.jpg

one of the more comical size differences in mma history.

lmao bro hes thicker and taller

DC_8452.jpg

one of the more comical size differences in mma history.
The fact that one atleast tries to implement weight controls, and that Adriano moraes fought at flyweight even before he went to ONEFC tell me that just looking at someone and being like “ye he’s 20 pounds heavier bro” is just you being biased

Flyweight division has and always will be the shallowest divisions, and I've been watching it since pre-Tachi Palace days. Trash back then and trash now.
Just to put it into perspective of how trashy it was back then, the inaugural tournament for the vacant belt - 3 out of 4 fighters including DJ himself was beaten by the bantamweight champ Cruz. The 4th guy Urushitani was signed by UFC because some retard MMA sites who wanks out for JMMA and ranked him #1 alongside Ian McCall. LMFAO
DJ hasn't fought anyone that's a true championship level fighter until Cejudo, dodged BW forever even though he cleaned out his division twice, and only wanted to stack his defenses to inflate his GOAT status, while GSP and Silva were beating P4P-ranked fighters.

that is 50/50 esp with silva since silva was a fish out of water with wrestlers

Flyweight division has and always will be the shallowest divisions, and I've been watching it since pre-Tachi Palace days. Trash back then and trash now.
Just to put it into perspective of how trashy it was back then, the inaugural tournament for the vacant belt - 3 out of 4 fighters including DJ himself was beaten by the bantamweight champ Cruz. The 4th guy Urushitani was signed by UFC because some retard MMA sites who wanks out for JMMA and ranked him #1 alongside Ian McCall. LMFAO
DJ hasn't fought anyone that's a true championship level fighter until Cejudo, dodged BW forever even though he cleaned out his division twice, and only wanted to stack his defenses to inflate his GOAT status, while GSP and Silva were beating P4P-ranked fighters.
Cruz is the flyweight goat

very small in numbers, that means the amount of them who compete in MMA is laughably small. That means a lower level of competition, pretty easy logic to follow.

then the same applies to HW and LHW division.

Lmao, I have completely missed this delusional take from the mouse. This is his reasoning why:

"For me to have 11 consecutive title defences and always look for the finish against my opponents, the list goes on. To be able to go to a different organisation where I’m fighting at 135lb against bigger opponents in a different rule set. I was able to win a world grand prix which is a tournament-style, three fights in one year, and then turn around and fight for the belt. I go do an IBJJF Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament. My first time in the gi, brown belt masters at 37 years old and I go out there and I win it. Not one point got scored on me, not any one of those fighters, not even fucking Jon Jones himself would do that and be able to pass with flying colours, so I think the ability for me to be able to transition into different things is what puts me above those guys."

Really? That shit doesn't make any sense. Anderson Silva fought at WW in Shooto and HW in Pride, and took several LHW bouts in the UFC for that matter. It's funny how he doesn't mention that him fighting for a belt after the GP, happened fucking 1.5 years later so there's absolutely nothing special about it, and he LOST that fight! Seriously?

lol, no.

He's great technically, but he's a midget, so...no, unfortunately he can't be the GOAT.

Most have GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Jones as the Big 4 / Mt. Rushmore. If you take Jones & Silva out for being caught using PEDs, Mighty Mouse makes it on most people’s list more times than not.

so you think there's lots of actual HWs? more than there are tiny manlets? i'd have to say you're wrong. given that like 1% of the world is 6'4 or taller and there's tons of +6'4 guys in HW.

Here's the difference. Big, strong guys tend to gravitate towards a sport like MMA.

Second point is that your cut-off is incorrect. HW isn't only 6'4 guys and above. It's pretty much anyone above 205 pounds. So there's tons of guys around the 6 foot mark and even shorter who compete at that weightclass as well. In total, there are far, far more big guys competing than little 5'3 males.

Don't believe me? Lets stick to the facts. Older era had Fedor-Nog-CC-Barnett-Coleman-Kerr-Igor-Alex-Kharitonov-Arlovski and tons more. The next era had JDS-Cain-Carwin-Overeem-Lesnar-Bigfoot-Werdum-DC-Hunt and a bunch more. The recent one has Stipe-Jones-Ngannou-Gane-Aspinall-Pavlovich-Almeida and more will pop up.

Never seen this quality of 5 foot fighters. The competition is weak, sparse and they look better than they are because they have the advantage of less gravity working against them. DJ is not a top 20 ATG MMA fighter.

Most have GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Jones as the Big 4 / Mt. Rushmore. If you take Jones & Silva out for being caught using PEDs, Mighty Mouse makes it on most people’s list more times than not.

No he doesn't. The little guy people prop up in those cases is Aldo. Sometimes Khabib. Used to be Penn.

If people want to go smaller they should pick TJ Dillashaw or Cruz. Two guys DJ either lost to easily or ducked repeatedly because they're greater and better.

He also didn’t have the level of pharmaceutical support JJ, Silva and maybe even GSP had.

But he’s too short and unfortunately in this sport: looks sell. You got look like a tough mofo and not a short friendly person to get the corporate investment in terms of a marketing push behind you. UFC were literally looking to close a division down. SMH

His right to feel slighted by it but it’s the unfortunate nature of this business. It’s a business not a charity. They follow the dollars primarily
Definitely GSP had it too.

What is masters? What’s the difference between masters and the normal one?
Age group. DJ did gi Master 1 which means 30-35 age group for all people in his belt level and weight.

Masters World Championships is one of IBJJFs biggest tournaments.

Mighty Mouse is one of my favorite. I consider him a GOAT of the smaller fighters, absolutely. His title run was extremely impressive and he actually finished some of his opponents. If MM was fighting I was watching.

Back