daken7's Easy On The Caffeine Bub Pub

Free hand on wrist. It is my first time trying them. Was discussing them with someone else at the gym, he acually did do a free handed neutral grip one. It was pretty cool.

I'm still pretty chuffed though. Didn't think I could do it. This is someone who couldn't do any chuin ups a few years ago.

Yeah, that's a one handed chin, not one arm. Congrats though. Maybe try working some one-armed lock-offs. That's a challenge.

Congrats, homie.

Time to open your own CrossFit gym and cash in on what you're worth.

rAunX.gif

Also, regardless of rankings, I have a small celebration every time Duke beats Miami. I hate Miami.

Ridiculous having Syracuse in the ACC now. Tournament will be entertaining.

That's the thing though, I probably have more experience than a lot of the posters on here. The only advice I recieved was "do starting strength" and considering my poor recovery due to lack of sleep, my back limiting what I can do, the fact that I wasted my noob gains a long time ago and the fact that my body seems quite vunarable to overuse injuries renders that advice kind of useless to me.

The thing is, if you just took that advice and did Starting Strength (and ate more food, got more sleep, and stopped doing so much fasted cardio and random conditioning stuff all the time), you'd be a fuck of a lot stronger and probably have less injuries, too.

You didn't "waste" your noob gains, you are just still a noob, with a serious case of "fuck-around-itis" in the gym. You will finally make those noob gains if you simply stop screwing around and do an actual beginner strength program as prescribed. But you think you're a special snowflake and need to do your own special program that involves a bunch of random shit. You even call it "random shit" in your log:

29/12/13
21:30

Some random shit

2 mile walk

Skipping rope: 3x3 minute rounds

Bodyweight circuit...

That's the thing though, I probably have more experience than a lot of the posters on here. The only advice I recieved was "do starting strength" and considering my poor recovery due to lack of sleep, my back limiting what I can do, the fact that I wasted my noob gains a long time ago and the fact that my body seems quite vunarable to overuse injuries renders that advice kind of useless to me.

I'm sure theres something to be done with your sleeping. Have you seen a doctor about it? If so have you seen another one? Have you asked google (usually solves my day-to-day problems)?

Yeah, that's a one
handed chin, not one arm. Congrats though. Maybe try working some
one-armed lock-offs. That's a challenge.

They were ugly ass reps but thanks. Had to look that up. Will give them a try.

The
thing is, if you just
took that advice and did Starting Strength (and ate more food, got more
sleep, and stopped doing so much fasted cardio and random conditioning
stuff all the time), you'd be a fuck of a lot stronger and probably have
less injuries, too.

You didn't "waste" your noob gains, you are just still a noob, with a
serious case of "fuck-around-itis" in the gym. You will finally make
those noob gains if you simply stop screwing around and do an actual
beginner strength program as prescribed. But you think you're a special
snowflake and need to do your own special program that involves a bunch
of random shit. You even call it "random shit" in your log:

I had 3 back injuries last year pushing through them. My current lifting program will get me stronger and is addressing weak areas too. My back will get better, then I'll deadlift again when it does. Maybe back squat but I can take or leave that. Last year was the time I've had consistant injuries. Taking your advice would get me layed up, again, and further inhibit my recovery. I know what I'm doing with this thanks. As for food, I eat at least 3500kcals aday. My fucking breakfast has almost 15000kcals. You are not qualified to be giving medical advice, few people here are and I doubt the ones that are would feel comforable doing so over the internet. Further more, as someone who has struggled with there weight in the past (was an obease teenager. Seriously my gut was close to 50 inches at the time) and also struggled with my cardiovascular fitness, your advice isn't ideal.

TLDR: Lots of people banlance strength and conditiong. I'm a former fattie. You're not a doctor. Your advice is simplistic and illconcieved.

Last edited:
I'm sure theres
something to be done with your sleeping. Have you seen a doctor about
it? If so have you seen another one? Have you asked google (usually
solves my day-to-day problems)?

Don't wanna go down the pill route. Training late doesn't help but very early or very late works best for me. Naps are awesome when training late when I can fit them in. there are other issues to with regards to muy sleep, but I won't discuss that. Thanks though, sincerely.

Look, it's not worth discussing a new routine untill my current one is played out.

Not sure where your confidence in your training comes from since you still suck.

It's been less than 6 weeks. I designed it to be a slow burn to give my back a little more time to recover. I'm not even gonna bother trading insults with you.

It's been less than 6 weeks. I designed it to be a slow burn to give my back a little more time to recover. I'm not even gonna bother trading insults with you.

Only six weeks and yet you keep talking about how well it's working?

You should try insults. 1) It's fun. 2) I'm an easy target. Here, let's try this again: You seem like the type to fuck his sister because he ran out of cousins.

Back on the guitar subject for a moment, if i had an unlimited budget i'd got for:

a) a custom 7 String ES335
b) a 50's Blonde Telecaster
c) Blackmachine B7
d) also if i found one a 90's ESP Kerry King Model/

But i already have 9 guitars....... and not enough room.

Only six weeks and yet you keep talking about how well it's working?

You should try insults. 1) It's fun. 2) I'm an easy target. Here, let's try this again: You seem like the type to fuck his sister because he ran out of cousins.

Hahaha

And I thought I was bad at chins, just added pull ups I my routine. I couldn't even do one proper one. It was after a pb on my 5x5 bench, but still. Ah well probably means I need to do more.

Oh gawd the ammount of butthurt in physics lab this morning. People were snapping at each other over little things. I did the best I could... to add fuel to the fire.

People were yelling to each other over small miscalculations and spelling mistakes. It was so ridiculous. At first I tried to tell everyone to calm down but after a while I was just like:
2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_1.jpg

Back