Dana Kicked Out Ariel Again And He's Being Ariel About It

I don't understand everybody bringing up the Brock spoiler and how Ariel should apologize. He's a journalist, he's meant to break stories. Breaking the story on Brock's return was a big deal for him, but it doesn't affect the UFCs bottom line, they make money off the ppv buys brock generates, not him appearing in some pre-made hype video.

Furthermore, why does anyone care? When fights are announced I couldn't give less of a shit who announces it. They could make the announcement in the middle of a George foreman grill commercial and I'd still be like "cool, cerrone is fighting Lawler". As a fan, why should I care that the news comes from the UFC instead of Ariel Helwani?

The UFC, and Dana especially, have always had a grudge against the media. They push back against these guys and girls every single time they do or say anything that doesn't suckle the UFC tit. I'm much more perturbed by that then Helwani announcing Brock Lesnars return.

There's a good reason quite a few fighters can't stand Ariel. All he does is instgate shit to try and get a rise out of fighters, and pretends to call it journalism. Fuck that guy.

I don't understand everybody bringing up the Brock spoiler and how Ariel should apologize. He's a journalist, he's meant to break stories. Breaking the story on Brock's return was a big deal for him, but it doesn't affect the UFCs bottom line, they make money off the ppv buys brock generates, not him appearing in some pre-made hype video.

Furthermore, why does anyone care? When fights are announced I couldn't give less of a shit who announces it. They could make the announcement in the middle of a George foreman grill commercial and I'd still be like "cool, cerrone is fighting Lawler". As a fan, why should I care that the news comes from the UFC instead of Ariel Helwani?

The UFC, and Dana especially, have always had a grudge against the media. They push back against these guys and girls every single time they do or say anything that doesn't suckle the UFC tit. I'm much more perturbed by that then Helwani announcing Brock Lesnars return.

Because you don't care doesn't mean that people don't or shouldn't. The UFC was attempting to make a moment to be remembered and put money and effort towards that objective, a noble one at that. What Ariel did, in my opinion, was harm the outcome of their effort.

An interesting point you do bring up is: what is Ariel's job and does it matter? To me, his job is give his customers what they want. If his customers only want accurate information from him immediately, with no other consideration, then he did his job. I believe he should be about more considerate than that but that is only opinion.

The next question is, does it matter what his job is? I don't think so. Ultimately, his actions and his actions alone produced a net negative effect in the grand scheme of things and that he should be accountable for regardless of job description.

The guy is a reporter. To some degree the best reporters are the ones with no limits so you might come off as a scumbag at times which is ok cause your doing your job. BUT WHAT I DONT LIKE ABOUT THIS GUY is he wants to play victim when he know he did some grimy shit. I cant stand Ariel at all.

Wow, relax. Where did I get insulting or emotional in any of my posts
I personally would not consider "grow up" to be an insult. You can perceive it any way you like, including being offended and insulted by it if you so choose.

Also, because everybody else does it does not make it acceptable or just.

So why single out Ariel? Where are the mob topics towards MMA media in general? Surely there's a reason for singling out Ariel, why do you think that is?

There is also a big difference between any fight announcement and one with the return of one of the biggest stars on one of the biggest events. If it's a smaller signing, tweeting about it could bring exposure. Brock was different and it doesn't take an elite mind to see it.

The only difference is it's a much bigger story. Other than that, it's the same as breaking any other fight announcement. It in no way effected the impact of the official announcement. In fact, when I see Ariel or anyone else break a story, I still wait for the official news for confirmation. I do take their word for it, but the official announcement is as equally important to me.

Ariel should have ran it by Dana first. He didn't. He took away from an experience the UFC intended to provide their audience. There is a solution where he can still do good journalism but not take away the UFCs ability to make big announcements their way. However, if he can't admit his mistake, I can understand the UFC not wanting him around. I am happy Ariel is still doing his thing though.

In the episode in which Ariel addresses this whole ordeal, he explains the history of "running it by Dana". You can go back and listen to it if you like. Dana told him at one point, if you have a story, run with it.

It's absolutely absurd to expect every member of the media to personally ask Dana "can I run this story?". That is insanity. What you are suggesting is that Dana controls all the media. Can you not see a problem with Dana running and controlling the media and controlling the narrative of the sport?

Dana alone does a lot of damage to fighters and MMA as a whole with his videos and opinions, and if every story or breaking news had to be run by him before being released, he personally would have full control of everything, and THAT IS WHAT HE WANTS. That's all this is about, is a power hungry man wanting to control everything. That's it. You, as a fan, are literally fellating Dana's massive ego with your perspective and views that align perfectly with his own.

And what happens when something doesn't go Dana's way? He makes it a target. Targets can be members of the media, or they can even be fighters under contract with the UFC itself, ala Jon Jones, DJ, Nunes, GSP.... the list goes on. There is a pattern, a consistent pattern, of what happens when Dana doesn't get his way, and we see it every single week. Please learn to recognize this pattern and then practice applying it to every news story in the MMA community/world. You will see it if you make the effort.

The other alternative to Dana controlling media, would be Ariel simply not reporting anything at all, and no longer having a job. "Dana, can I break this news that I've confirmed?", "No!". Then what? Ariel just gives up on reporting news? What are you suggesting exactly?

810077_1313792425623_full.jpg

Lol I think Haterhater is a ufc employee calling for press to censor itself for the sake of private corporations (no not for the sake of fans you goof).

Freedom of the press in the first amendment doesn't apply to private entities.. UFC does not owe Ariel shit. His access was at their discretion and he used it to fuck up their big reveal to get his own scoop.
If you fuck your source, you lose a source

The effect of Ariel's spoiler is hard to quantify therefore it can only be discussed subjectively. If you remember the video that UFC had prepared to release the news, it was well produced video that build to a surprise ending, the showing of Lesnar. I believe I would have enjoyed that more than reading Ariel's tweet, much like I would have enjoyed an ending to a movie that was well revealed. Knowing what was to come degraded the experience for me but I can't speak for everybody. It also certain that the UFC out a lot of effort and money into that reveal. They kept the Lesnar secret for likely weeks. Then it was all blown, the moment lost, and for nothing. No service to anybody.
Are you admitting that while watching the event, you were also refreshing twitter, and saw the tweet live, before you saw the official Brock announcement?

Or are you simply saying "would have", as in, what I described didn't actually happen, and you're just looking back in a "what if" scenario?

I don't know if I'd consider breaking a fight announcement comparable to spoiling a movie/story. If you're making a direct correlation between the two, then there's definitely reason to be upset, I guess, but I don't think that's reasonable or rational, imo. News is news is news. Doesn't matter who breaks it or when it's broken. When you see it, it's news.

I suppose if you have a preference for who you'd like your news sourced from, I guess you shouldn't follow anyone else in the community/industry. That way nothing would be spoiled for you and you'd have no reason to be upset towards anyone.

Ariel fucking helwani needs to understand something.

he makes money by his radio show and all, but it would be nothing without an organization that Dana White and crew busted there assses and risked alot too build into what it is today. Ariel is not a team player with the UFC. It was a pretty big deal that he spoiled UFC 200. He instigates fights. He bullshits alot. ect ect.

Helwani needs to stay in his own fucking lane, you are a fucking reporter, not an instigator or think you can ask any fighter any question or make negative remarks about an organization that at the end of the day gives you a hell of a living.

Helwani is a bitch sometimes.

Boom, you hit the nail on the head on this one. If you're only gonna cover one organization in one sport, don't piss that organization off.

Helwani should stop covering anything to do with the UFC, that will show them.

I hope this is sarcasm. Helwhiney's problem is that he really doesn't know shit about MMA, and doesn't know anything outside the UFC. Without the UFC, he's nothing,

I am comparing the reveal of information that fans of MMA were going to be surprised by and very interested in to movies that intend to do the same for movie goers. It isn't a false analogy at all. Ariel knew the UFC was going to release the info and he spoiled how the fans, or movie goers in my anology, were going to learn that info and thus affected the experience.

I don't understand your point about an unscripted fight. The Lesnar situation wasn't about the result of a fight but about the return of Brock. You could certainly call the booking of the fight, "scripted" as it was a planned occurrence.

Anyway, Ariel did not do anyone a service by that announcement and should have thought about the potential consequences. Once he knew the consequences, he should have apologized.

Fans were still surprised. That didn't change at all. Maybe one of the UFCs videos got 500k less views. Big deal. Hearing the news a day in advance does nothing to diminish the surprise. Brock showing up isn't more exciting because Dana says it as opposed to Ariel. It's just ludicrous. I mean, really. Think about how both of those guys responded to an early news break that did nothing to effect sales positively or negatively.

MMA's success is not based on surprises centered on fight announcements. It's about the fights themselves.

Fuck Dana. He looks like a red balloon about to pop and keel over from a heart attack. For such a rich man with little to no concerns in life, he sure is a petulant, vindictive child.

War Ariel.

There's a good reason quite a few fighters can't stand Ariel. All he does is instgate shit to try and get a rise out of fighters, and pretends to call it journalism. Fuck that guy.
Who are you referring to? Nick Diaz? He doesn't like anyone. Rampage? Ariel interviews him all the time. Ortiz maybe? Ok, you can have that one.

Ariel has the most successful and most watched MMA program there is and he regularly gets exclusive interviews from some of the biggest names in the sport.

Ariel has incredible connections in the sport. You don't have to like him, but don't generalize and speak for fighters, when the opposite of what you're saying is true. You're wrong.

Bingo

He just asks unnecessary questions that no one really cares about just to get an emotional reaction from the fighters. Off the top of my head him asking Joana if her split from her wrestling coach would effect her or something. Then joana ends up crying and runs out of the interview because she has to rethink about all that negative stuff. I mean what is she supposed to say to that question? Oh I'm thrilled me n my wrestling coach aren't working together anymore? I dunno Ariel just comes off as a selfish prick who just cares about himself. Not one MMA fan even cares about that question but he has to ask it cause he wants to be a dick

It took sherdog two days to throw a hissy fit party over this?

The clip is from mondays mma hour...

Thats petty bitches. Move on.

Bingo

He just asks unnecessary questions that no one really cares about just to get an emotional reaction from the fighters. Off the top of my head him asking Joana if her split from her wrestling coach would effect her or something. Then joana ends up crying and runs out of the interview because she has to rethink about all that negative stuff. I mean what is she supposed to say to that question? Oh I'm thrilled me n my wrestling coach aren't working together anymore? I dunno Ariel just comes off as a selfish prick who just cares about himself. Not one MMA fan even cares about that question but he has to ask it cause he wants to be a dick

Are you aware of the fact Joanna was on The MMA Hour 2 days later to willingly discuss that matter? In fact, she openly says she had her manager contact Ariel to clarify it.

No timestamp needed. It's the first thing they talk about, and that video is Joanna's interview only.

I like reading through these Ariel hate topics, because people are upset by, and hold on to issues and subjects that are in no way something to be upset by, and are often clarified on his show soon after.

Love or hate Ariel......................the UFC/Dana is just being petty about it all. Grow up Dana because this isn't 2003 and every second with the media is being used to justify the sport.

Exactly. My one complaint with him is saying "when they go low, we go high." That's such a passive aggressive thing to do and with a guy like Dana, you just need to be aggressive.

He's gotta have some dirt on Dana, open that can of worms and shit all over his life. When a man tries to prevent you from earning a living, you have to quit this holier than thou liberal speak and crush his soul.
Ariel brought this on himself though in a way. He was happy to be in a war .. but now complains about it.

What is Sherdog's obsession with this weaselly cunt? Can't go a day without seeing a new topic about a fucking MMA gossip reporter.
He's like the king of sherdoggers. He gets paid to troll, so I think a lot of people look up to him.

Ariel has a false sense of importance. If he gets abducted by aliens tomorrow, nothing in the world of MMA changes.

Back