Dana says a DJ-TJ super-fight is 'not happening'

It's so obvious
Talks died right after that whole situation happened
And if you actually look at how Dana answered the question, it doesn't sound like it was due to Johnson:

“not happening. It was never made. Plus, D.J. is hurt and out for a while.”
The fact that Dana mentioned Johnson's injury (Johnson has said he should be cleared to fight/train in time for the July card) as an afterthought tells me it wasn't the primary reason behind the fight not getting made.

Last edited:
tom-cruise007.jpg

upload_2018-3-22_23-13-19.jpeg

Mighty Mouse didn’t want that big piece of cheese?

Would of been a great fight. What in the fuck Mighty Mouse?

Usually the opposite of whatever Dana says is true as we all know. Except I believe him this time cause MM is a poo sea.

Of course it's not happening, one guy's a fighter who is trying to make the most of his hard work and time in this sport & the other a self entitled, whiny puss who feels they have already done enough to either cherry pick fights in a weak weight class or demand unreasonable amounts of money for interesting fights in his and/or other weight classes.

Real shame in all of this is that the duck could quite possibly pull off biggest win of his career and earn himself both the cash and name recognition that he so often bitches about not having if only he wasn't so determined to hide behind first and foremost the weight class and if it comes down to it, the pecking order of his already cleaned out weight class.

How are these not sincere effort to make the fight? How is not him making an effort? Because you say he isnt? Show me a source showing at all DJs fault this fight isnt happening. I've only show you sources of DJ talking about trying to make the happen and your only retort is "how is this making an effort?" And calling it halfhearted. I guess you know DJ better than himself.

If i saw you in a real life I would fuck you up, on god.

Next time someone says I'm just talking out of my ass and would never do it, just show them this quote of me saying i'll do it.

Just cause DJ said he wanted to fight doesn't mean he actually wanted to. Only thing that matters is, um, I don't know. Signing the contract not just a quote on the internet of DJ saying he wants the fight.

<36>

Short notice? Dilly has been asking for this for over a year. But Mouse has true contenders to dethrone like ray borg and Wilson Reis.

Might mouse doesn’t want the fight. If a fighter ever says if fighter x misses weight I get both purses and the fight is off.

I’ve watched and been apart of boxing and mma for almost 30 years.
Mighty Mouse is the k my fighter ever who has made such a ridiculous demand.

He acts like he had clout. He has no resume and is a champion by default.

There isn’t a lot of depth in mma period. And when you get down to 125 it’s almost offenses to act like these guys are world class. Lower weight classes in boxing I really enjoy. As it has the talent pool.
Mma is about 30 years
Off from that.

Nobody wants to even watch him fight for free and he has a fight with an opponent that not only people want to see but is a champion. And not only that but the higher weight champion will go all the way down to your fraudulent weight to expose you and then it’s not fair that he jumps the line.

Taking your ball and going home over a lb. is unheard of.
A higher weight champion going to meet the smaller guys is unheard of.

They should strip him like they did the girl who was champ and thought she wouldn’t have to fight the only girl worth fighting. Cyborg.125 could go away tomorrow and very few would care.
30 years and you still have such a simplistic point of view? How sad.

anyone giving DJ shit for "ducking" a fight that was never on the table is a moron. TJ ducked the fight then too, why didn't he insist on fighting him and vacating the 135 belt since it's so urgent and important to him to fight a 125er? and DJ haters go silent.

Mighty Mouse didn’t want that big piece of cheese?

Would of been a great fight. What in the fuck Mighty Mouse?

His title defense record means more to him than anything else. He always whines about feeling disrespected and whines about pay, then comes along an opportunity to have by far the highest profile and likely highest grossing fight the UFC could possibly make for him and he ducks it not once, but twice. The 125 division is a joke. No one pays attention to it. He can keep piling up wins against those guys and he'll never be big star. It sucks he's so small but it is what it is. I wouldn't be saying shit but for the fact that TJ is willing to meet him at 125. He'd be coming to Mighty Mouse's division for the fight. It's just a blatant duck. No other way to put it.

Weak. DJ had a real chance here to show the world what he can do and that he isn't just dominating tiny dudes. Even if I find p4p a silly concept to begin with, he could've put some weight behind the claim that he's the p4p nr 1. Seems like he isn't, can't explain any other way why he's scared to fight another champ.

anyone giving DJ shit for "ducking" a fight that was never on the table is a moron. TJ ducked the fight then too, why didn't he insist on fighting him and vacating the 135 belt since it's so urgent and important to him to fight a 125er? and DJ haters go silent.

Why would he be willing to vacate when the UFC has allowed Conor to do anything but defend a title?

Literally wouldn't care at all of they got rid of the Flyweight division. Almost no one outside of a few hardcores care about it since it's talent depth rivals the WMMA divisions.

Why would he be willing to vacate when the UFC has allowed Conor to do anything but defend a title?

the point is if TJ was really set on this fight he could just say he won't fight at 135 anymore until it happens, and vacate if needed. He won't do that, so apparently the fight doesn't mean as much to him as some marks on this forum think. He just wanted the path of least resistance: fighting for another belt with nothing to lose, everything to gain.

It'll be fun if it happens but no one should be complaining about TJ defending his belt literally a single time.

It was a head scratcher for me considering he immediately lost his title to Dom when he returned, and hasn't defended the belt yet since winning it back. Its not like history demands these two dominant champs meet.

If DJ is out after his surgery should we have TJ just hanging around and stall out the division?
Most are convinced that DJ is "ducking" and they intend to keep it that way.

His title defense record means more to him than anything else. He always whines about feeling disrespected and whines about pay, then comes along an opportunity to have by far the highest profile and likely highest grossing fight the UFC could possibly make for him and he ducks it not once, but twice. The 125 division is a joke. No one pays attention to it. He can keep piling up wins against those guys and he'll never be big star. It sucks he's so small but it is what it is. I wouldn't be saying shit but for the fact that TJ is willing to meet him at 125. He'd be coming to Mighty Mouse's division for the fight. It's just a blatant duck. No other way to put it.
He's got an asking price and the UFC isn't willing to pay. That's just business.

UFC President Dana White said in a Thursday text message to the Los Angeles Times that a bout between flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson and bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw "is not happening."

"It was never made. Plus, D.J. is hurt and out for a while," White texted, adding, "we are working on" an alternate title defense for Orange County's Dillashaw, who recaptured the belt in November by defeating Cody Garbrandt at Madison Square Garden.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-ufc-dillashaw-demetrious-johnson-20180322-story.html
Gsp is never coming back
Brock is not coming back
Ufc is not being sold

I' m waiting for like Thomas do wonder if racism has anything to do with why everyone hates the little mouse

Back