Media Dana skips UFC Apex, goes across the street to watch DAZN Boxing...

Or maybe he's looking for prospects or working a business deal?

You guys will find any reason to shit on Dana.

Not the first time he has done that. Can't be there for every card

Dana obviously doesn't believe any of that bullshit, he has been repeating that for 20 years now for the yokels on here & he isn't even the originator of that claim. People have been claiming "boxing is dying/dead" for 100+ years now

"Your sport is getting swallowed. It's getting swallowed by a greater, more efficient, more spectacular sport. The famous people you have right now are the only famous people that are gonna exist in the future for boxing. The Oscar De La Hoya's, the Bernard Hopkins', the Jermain Taylor's, the guys that were already famous before UFC came along. There will be no new ones. They will all go to MMA."

- Joe Rogan to Lou Dibella in 2008

Events after that: The Floyd's, the Pacquiao's, the Canelo's, the Joshua's, the Fury's, & now the Inoue's (he can sell Tokyo Dome in Japan on his name alone). Even the Connor's & the Ngannou's went to boxing to get their highest paychecks

The Apex is just a money grab at this stage. The atmosphere makes the experience not worth watching imo. I tuned in for the last 2 fights yesterday and even those weren't great. It feels like I'm watching sparring, it feels empty.
Amen.

The Apex sucks.

Its not the same without the bloodthirsty Neanderthals yelling "kick him in the dick!!"

Dana watched Canelo/Plant cageside during Usman/Covington II, and I guarantee he was watching Spence/Crawford during Poirier/Gaethje 2. Guy didn't even fly a state over to the event.

Dana White is an absolute scumbag. He watches an amazing boxing fight while forcing us to watch a main event where one fighter has a half round of cardio, and the other fighter keeps turning around and offering his booty as some sort of mercy offering.

While Dana is watching the boxing fight, he's laughing at you. he's laughing at all of you.

He's probably just meeting a hooker there or buying some blow for the night, don't jump to conclusions so quick.

The Apex is just a money grab at this stage. The atmosphere makes the experience not worth watching imo. I tuned in for the last 2 fights yesterday and even those weren't great. It feels like I'm watching sparring, it feels empty.
oh poor you, go cry a river damn.

Dana White is an absolute scumbag. He watches an amazing boxing fight while forcing us to watch a main event where one fighter has a half round of cardio, and the other fighter keeps turning around and offering his booty as some sort of mercy offering.

While Dana is watching the boxing fight, he's laughing at you. he's laughing at all of you.
and you laugh at your face in the mirror. Tool post

Wasn’t exactly the best card to be honest.

Dana was only at the boxing match to let everyone know UFC RUNS BOXING

Man that hurts, I'm so fucking sad. What have we done ?! YOU'RE TEARING ME APART DANA !!

It reminds me of the 1st level in the boxing and MMA games. Feels so low stakes. Like I get why it made sense during the pandemic but they should just do a small venue like when they used to do the Pearl at the Palm.

But I dont understand how. Don't they make money from ticket sales?

If they cant make money from tickets it really is an admission that some of these event are just awful.

But I dont understand how. Don't they make money from ticket sales?

If they cant make money from tickets it really is an admission that some of these event are just awful.
With the ESPN deal they get paid a set amount no matter what. I guess it's cheaper to not book an arena and just do it at the Apex. Not only does it cost for.the arena, but it cost to move everything.set it all up. Those fight night tickets aren't that expensive as well.

Back