Rumored Dana walked out of main event

If Khabib was so boring he wouldn’t have the most watched MMA fights on YouTube and he wouldn’t be the most played fighter in the UFC games. He has a lot of enthusiastic fans because his style was aggressive, dominating and he was charismatic.
i have no doubt you sincerely believe that, nooraq :rolleyes:, but “his style” was actually the least significant factor in khabib developing a fanbase. the most important was undoubtedly having a bitter rivalry with one of the most famous athletes on the planet, who was at the height of his popularity. and the other most important factor has nothing to do with fighting at all. there’s no need to belabor this point, since it’s pretty well understood around here. the main point is it’s lame to praise one guy for his suffocating top game while deriding another for the same thing.

no way. up until khabib became champ, people complained about his boring “suffocating” style. the excitement around his fights (which only emerged once he was champ) came from (1) his fans, who were excited to cheer for him in religious solidarity, and (2) the fact that conor put him over as a star. nothing about his grappling heavy style was any more “violent” or “exciting” to anyone else’s. to be fair, his championship fights were the most exciting fights he ever had. but there were so few, it’s a stretch to assume he could “do that to any man.”

the simple fact is when cory does it, people will perceive it as boring. cory doesn’t have a nation behind him. he doesn’t have a religion behind him. he doesn’t have a brash, charismatic personality. all he has is a reputation as an exciting standup fighter, which he did not live up to tonight. had his original opponent showed up and won in similar “suffocating” fashion, there would be accolades from the usual suspects, we’d be hearing about he’s the next khabib. everyone knows it.

I can't take people's opinions seriously if you guys genuinely believe Khabib's fights before the title against Edson and Michael Johnson were boring. Khabib literally got a POTN bonus after a decision against Edson because people were so impressed and hyped about him after that win.

I can't take people's opinions seriously if you guys genuinely believe Khabib's fights before the title against Edson and Michael Johnson were boring. Khabib literally got a POTN bonus after a decision against Edson because people were so impressed and hyped about him after that win.
go back and read what people were saying about him in the years before his title fights, since you apparently weren’t paying attention. it’s not that every fight was a snoozer, and he had his moments, but the fact is he had a reputation for grinding out decisions which were less than thrilling.

you disagree with the prevailing opinion, i understand.
MpNY1z5.gif

mma-wall-video-3.gif

tumblr_ogk9qm0Xay1r7vh24o1_500.gif

gif.gif

go back and read what people were saying about him in the years before his title fights, since you apparently weren’t paying attention. it’s not that every fight was a snoozer, and he had his moments, but the fact is he had a reputation for grinding out decisions which were less than thrilling.
By idiots. You choose to follow them

He wanted to see future GOAT Diego lopes fighting
And left to congratulate him for his outstanding performance and give him his well deserved bonus.

I’m happy that we have these kind of fighters like Diego. Imagine if all grappling in the UFC would be just smothering top pressure aka lnp?
He even walked his last opponent to get a FOTN bonus, and the opponent had done nothing to deserve that.

By idiots. You choose to follow them
you clearly have some kind of emotional investment in this. chill. no more drinks. take a rest, revisit it tomorrow.

when you’re calmed down, go back and look what people were saying about khabib. do it. not just “casuals” had this opinion—many fighters too. watch the fights which led to his reputation, instead of focusing on the times he did something you enjoyed. fact is, he was much less active earlier in his career, more content to grind out rounds. khabib himself would probably admit that, which is why he made adjustments. don’t see why that observation would upset you.

you clearly have some kind of emotional investment in this. chill. no more drinks. take a rest, revisit it tomorrow.

when you’re calmed down, go back and look what people were saying about khabib. do it. not just “casuals” had this opinion—many fighters too. watch the fights which led to his reputation, instead of focusing on the times he did something you enjoyed. fact is, he was much less active earlier in his career, more content to grind out rounds. khabib himself would probably admit that, which is why he made adjustments. don’t see why that observation would upset you.
lol @ you telling me about Khabib's career. That's cute.

Ill go watch the fights right now,since I didnt see them yet.

<DCWhoa>

Fell asleep early didn't watch the fights, so it was that bad?

lol @ you telling me about Khabib's career. That's cute.

Ill go watch the fights right now,since I didnt see them yet.

<DCWhoa>
yeah, i am telling you about khabib’s career, mr. 2004 join date. yes, perhaps you should go and watch the fights since you’re denying something that was obvious to everyone for years.

yeah, i am telling you about khabib’s career, mr. 2004 join date. yes, perhaps you should go and watch the fights since you’re denying something that was obvious to everyone for years.
That Khabib would be undefeated undisputed champion hall of famer coach of the year?

I fell asleep before it started. Glad I didn’t miss anything

That Khabib would be undefeated undisputed champion hall of famer coach of the year?
we were talking about khabib’s early career, prior to his title fights, and how he was known for grinding out boring decisions.

but now you appear to be talking about his legacy or something. that’s a different conversation.

we were talking about khabib’s early career, prior to his title fights, and how he was known for grinding out boring decisions.

but now you appear to be talking about his legacy or something. that’s a different conversation.
Nah it was obvious then we were dealin w a real talent on our hands. While some mentally retarded jealous hater casual people said Khabib's boring,most real ppl saw him destroying RDA as a bit of a revelation,esp when RDA became champ later. Wasnt shit borin about that. Combat Sambo. All up in ya face.

Last edited:
Nah it was obvious then we were dealin w a real talent on our hands. While some mentally retarded jealous hater casual people said Khabib's boring,most real ppl saw him destroying RDA as a bit of a revelation,esp when RDA became champ later. Want shit borin about that. Combat Sambo. All up in ya face.
well you sound like a very scholarly person who is not seething. carry on.

go back and read what people were saying about him in the years before his title fights, since you apparently weren’t paying attention.
Khabib literally dominated and finished Conor, Dustin, and Justin, and there are still people whining about his fighting style being just a boring lay-and-prayer, even though none of those fights were that.

it’s not that every fight was a snoozer, and he had his moments, but the fact is he had a reputation for grinding out decisions which were less than thrilling.
You make it sound like Khabib's fighting style was just lay-and-pray after takedowns, which couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm genuinely curious, though. What fight did you find boring of Khabib? Because, in my opinion, the only one I could think of that was boring was the Tibau fight. Every other fight was a display of him being very active and always pushing for something, either a bunch of takedowns and even a triangle attempt against Trujillo, finishing Tavares in the first round, Matt Hughes-style slamming Healy down and passing the guard to land good ground strikes, and being very aggressive and active against RDA. What fight of his did you find boring?

Back