Media Dana White: 2-2 going into the 5th - Thought Strickland Won the 5th and the Fight

The stats were weird they had Sean with a lot more signnifavnt strikes but in watching thinking if they’re so significant why was ddp charging forward the entire fight?
All punches aren’t equal and he didn’t throw with enough power to win it imo

Not that I want a rematch but why is there no rematch for a super close fight and rematches when one guy obliterates the other?
Bc there’s a storyline in “can so and so redeem
Themselves?”

There’s no storyline in 5 more rounds of these guys

Not that I want a rematch but why is there no rematch for a super close fight and rematches when one guy obliterates the other?
I don't mind rematches...I just don't care for immediate rematches after all the bullshit post-2016

I think Izzy is a BAD matchup for DDP. Izzy will beat him easily and then they will set up the rematch with strictland and Izzy will get the better of him the second go around.

On the feet, sure, but Dricus can take him down and keep him there.

I wonder if Sean bringing heat to ESPN with his recent comments had anything to do with it because that’s a great point that also crossed my mind.

Once again the bald goof for all his faults and BS had this fight scored correctly. He is the head honcho of the UFC, so I get it its a conflict of interest but I dont remember the last time I disagreed with a Dana scorecard.

It was funny in the pressor after the fight DDP all confidently asking the reporters "just for there record, is there some people that think I lost the fight" they then tell him "Dana said it" and DDP repeats "ah Dana Said it? well bullshit" lol

Strickland didn't do shit for most of the 3rd, 4th and part of the 5th round.

He should've been more active especially in those 3rd and 4th rounds. But he wasn't and those takedowns gave DDP the win.

This is no robbery. I had DDP by split decision as well.

It's just a shame Strickland was so inactive for 2 straight rounds. He clearly had the far superior and more precise striking with that jab. But his inactivity cost him the fight.

This might be the single worst idea I have ever heard.

there has to be a rematch as there was no clear winner and the fight was entertaining, I had it 48-47 Sean but it could go either way, Round 3 was the hardest round to score

Strickland didn't do shit for most of the 3rd, 4th and part of the 5th round.

He should've been more active especially in those 3rd and 4th rounds. But he wasn't and those takedowns gave DDP the win.

This is no robbery. I had DDP by split decision as well.

It's just a shame Strickland was so inactive for 2 straight rounds. He clearly had the far superior and more precise striking with that jab. But his inactivity cost him the fight.
How can you judge a fight as a split decision?

why would the president of the company say this out loud into a microphone? is everyone who works for the UFC a child
Press usually asks after most fights…especially on split decisions. As long as I can remember, Dana gives his opinion on who he thinks won a fight when asked at the post fight press conference.

You can predict a split decision when it is all down to one very close round that can be scored either way depending on subjective way of judging.
Predicting and judging are two different things.

Back