Dana White: Rousey is Underrated

No shit she's underrated. With the way people talk about her around these parts you'd think she's CM Punk.

How do you know he didn't? You family? Or friend? I saw dude mentally broken in locker room crying his ass off. Saw dude broken before the fight mentally by talk. I saw a dude who pulled out for a "injury" before the fight too. I saw dude talk shit and never praise conor.

I saw dude mock conor losing to Floyd. Dude is salty and mentally weak as a fighter.

Sounds dumb right? Him and rousey both champs. Both title holders. Both had reign of their division.

I'm just making a point of the hypocrisy on rousey.
Maybe he did, but look at him after the loss & interviews in Brazil. The way he was greeted in a embarrassing loss. Aldo didn't come off the airport with a pillow cowering his face. Ronda did. Im sure a lot of fighters cry.

At least Aldo didn't contemplate suicide. Ronda weak brah, she strayed away from questions about her lost for almost a year, she did not congratulate Holm or even showed a ounce of respect for her.
maybe aldo didn't. cro cop did. arlovski did. and again, the idea that she has to publicly congratulate holm is a standard noone is held to.

The girls Ronda beat weren't cans or soccer moms, they weren't strikers either.

I believe if Nunes had fought Ronda earlier in her career the result would have been similar to 207. Trouble was Amanda kept losing fights to "cans" so the match up never happened.

One thing I dislike about the Ronda hype is how she's called a wmma pioneer. Seriously, so many of even the present roster were fighting pro before Ronda even took up the sport.

Maybe he did, but look at him after the loss & interviews in Brazil. The way he was greeted in a embarrassing loss. Aldo didn't come off the airport with a pillow cowering his face. Ronda did. Im sure a lot of fighters cry.
most fighters aren't followed to airports by paparazzi with a busted face. they don't have any risk of being printed in a tabloid.

The girls Ronda beat weren't cans or soccer moms, they weren't strikers either.

I believe if Nunes had fought Ronda earlier in her career the result would have been similar to 207. Trouble was Amanda kept losing fights to "cans" so the match up never happened.

One thing I dislike about the Ronda hype is how she's called a wmma pioneer. Seriously, so many of even the present roster were fighting pro before Ronda even took up the sport.

lots of bands were grunge before nirvana.

Currently as it stands and without taking skill set in as a factor....Ronda Rousey is the second best WMMA fighter of all time behind joanna.....theres really no denying it,
And I'm not even a Ronda fan(beat my girl tate)
<{hughesimpress}>
Cyroid beats them both at the same time.

I do think with those two KO loses we forgot about the woman who went on a 6 title defense streak by snapping arms in 14seconds. She was great, but Holy broke her. KO's change people on an amateur level, I can't imagine what it feels like to be KO'd stiff in front of millions of people. She got ridiculed after that loss, even by the fucking president. And to top it off, she makes a comeback after disappearing for a year only to get brutalized yet again. I feel for Ronda, she was on the top and fell straight to the bottom. Times like these remind you what is important in life.

Well, as I've said before, Ronda doesn't have the intelligence to learn significant new skills. Her Judo was beaten into her by her mom over her lifetime. She isn't going to learn how to do something in a few months or even years at a casual pace. She needs to be in a 24/7 boot camp environment with people surprising her and forcing her to strike/grapple out of nowhere.

Plus, at least two of her fights in her streak don't count. Beth was a joke and never should have been near the title. Cat had one of the most retarded gameplans in WMMA history.

Ronda is overrated ya goof!

Underrated???

images

"Can beat male fighters."
"Can beat Cain Velasquez."

Rousey was the most overhyped mma fighter in the history of the UFC.

again this is also stupid hyperbole. she was a dominant 12-0 and was facing all the top contenders in her class. that wasn't a fraud, she was really beating them and they were really the best available at the time (or at least made sense). how are you supposed to talk and market a 12-0 champ who defended 7 times with all finishes?

it's also hysterical how mad people get about ronda being a "bully" when the reality is there are lots of bully's and cocky fighters who act like douche's. look at bisping. he's a complete douche, but he can also be entertaining and its somehow less abrasive.
Yes but they don't go on TV after being embarrased and try and get sympathy after being a douche

Yeah, competition like Zigano who said she didn't expect Ronda to go for an armbar... Yes, that's correct, Ronda NOT to go for an armbar

She fought 3 legit full time fighters in her career

Good for her, doesn't mean she isn't a fraud, "i could beat Floyd/I can beat Cain V, how about you beat someone that actually trains full time and not a part time entertainer who did no training for the fights

Still, as far as being a draw goes. Pre Floyd. Ronda > Conor - Ronda didn't need all the rentals/media interviews.

Better draw than Conor
Conor probably has surpassed her now

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/10/18/16501488/dana-white-ronda-rousey-is-underrated

“Look at what she did. Look at what she built. She started it all."

"You had such a dominant female fighter," White continued. "She was so bad ass and she spoke well and she was pretty. That whole combination of what she was built that whole female mixed martial arts phenomenon. She was the right person at the right time to do it.”

Sorry if this is a repetitive post, but doesn't it seem by now that Rousey is PROPERLY rated? After her last 2 fights went so poorly I could see the argument that she is underrated... but in hindsight wasn't she a little overrated when she was winning every fight easily with strong judo and killer armbars? I think now that people have analyzed the scope of her entire career we have a pretty good idea of what she is and isn't as a mixed martial artist. Looking back on her career do you all think she was overrated/underrated or correctly rated? (Edit: and how does her overall impact on the sport factor into how you would rate her career?)

She's absolutely rated how she deserves to be.

Sure, she brought eyes to WMMA. Sure, she has excellent grappling credentials.

BUT... The first person she faced with legitimate striking credentials absolutely torched her in embarrassing fashion.

She built this façade within her own head that she was a killer on the feet. She was talking all this bullshit about going to box in the Olympics and even "The Ring" had her on the cover. It was all complete bullshit fed to her by her own coach, Dana White, and Joe Rogan. They are at fault for convincing her that she was something she wasn't, and she's at fault for buying into it.

Yes but they don't go on TV after being embarrased and try and get sympathy after being a douche

Yeah, competition like Zigano who said she didn't expect Ronda to go for an armbar... Yes, that's correct, Ronda NOT to go for an armbar

She fought 3 legit full time fighters in her career

Good for her, doesn't mean she isn't a fraud, "i could beat Floyd/I can beat Cain V, how about you beat someone that actually trains full time and not a part time entertainer who did no training for the fights

Still, as far as being a draw goes. Pre Floyd. Ronda > Conor - Ronda didn't need all the rentals/media interviews.

Better draw than Conor
Conor probably has surpassed her now
They don't get asked to go on tv. No one cares. Ronda was a mainstream personality.

And you sound like someone duped into believing she could beat Cain. No one believed that and not even she did at all. She believed in herself and didn't places limits on the possible. That morons like u ran with Ronda thinks she can beat Cain doesn't change that.

The rest of your post is more ul gibberish.

I agree with Dana because I see people on here calling Ronda a fraud all the time. You don't need to like her but there is simply no denying what she accomplished.

Her arm bars are the best in the game she lost but lost all the fights in the stand up... we all know she's not the best boxer she's a submission fighter. If someone submitted her with an arm bar then I would say she's washed up but not till then

The people who say she sucks noe don't understand fighting. She was never a boxer she won all her fights by submission except that bethe fight but brother is really slow and easy to KO

Back