News Dana White says they’re yet to decide the UFC 300 main-event

My guess is they saw their schedule and think they will ultimately lose more money overall if they use the McGregor hand at UFC 300. They know UFC 300 sells well anyways even with this lineup so just try and stack it and save Conor for international fight week where he can sell the entire card by himself.

Also I think Conor commands so much money since the Floyd fight that they want to treat him like a boxing star where his fight is the entire selling point which has mostly been the case for a while now. Conor hasn't been on a stacked card since 2016.
It makes sense that Conor gets his own card.

I remember a few years ago when Shad was champ, refused to fight on a Conor card because Conor demands that none of the PPV points will be shared with anyone but his opponent... so that Conor can have a deeper cut.

DDP vs Adesanya for MW belt I reckon
Greetingz my friend~
For sure it would be great for 300... but az DDP sayz... What better fight for Africa's inaugural UFC event.

DDP also seems to be a little shady on his health & we're currently waiting on some medical info. That said, we have heard that Izzy is starting to work out recently... so who knowz :D

CGltiAO.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Aspinall vs Pereira being discussed.

If none of the superstars are able to fight on the card what's a bigger fight than the first person winning the championship in 3 divisions?

I think it’s T Wood, he’s coming back to fight for The Battle Of Africa Tournament, representing North America

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Aspinall vs Pereira being discussed.

If none of the superstars are able to fight on the card what's a bigger fight than the first person winning the championship in 3 divisions?
First impression was this match up is a side show/circus match up. But I like the story line of Pereira winning championship in 3 divisions. But would Pereira even have a chance with the size difference?

UFC often put title fights as main events even if it's not the most hyped fight on the card.
(Like UFC200 - Nunes vs Tate. Not an insanely hyped fight)

...unless Conor was inolved ( UFC 189 was headlined by McGregor vs Mendes, which was not a title fight, despite having the title fight Lawler vs MacDonald). But I can't think of many other exceptions.

Last edited:
Pereira vs Ankalaev, Hill, or Rountree

Alternatively, Aspinall vs Gane
I think the first set of options is more likely. Aspinall is going to want a big bonus to fight Gane without him having to beat Blaydes or Almeida first and I doubt the UFC is willing to pay him what he wants.

It’s gonna be Chandler vs Conor and Dana’s gonna act like it should shock us because he said the two have not signed the contract and that they are fighting in July

First impression was this match up is a side show/circus match up. But I like the story line of Pereira winning championship in 3 divisions. But would Pereira even have a chance with the size difference?
Not only the size... Aspinall is a beast of a grappler. He has good takedowns and is pretty brutal on the ground.

I think that is close to a mismatch. Other than maybe technique Poatan has zero advantages over Aspinall.

Back