Dana White spends 10 UFC fighter's yearly salary equivalent on swords.

Greedypotomus giving zero fux

WRiabjv.jpg
don't act like if you weren't broke you wouldn't be doing the same thing

Conor can probably do the same thing, Dana ain't the only guy getting rich out here.

There's money to be made, but nobody is going to give you more money than it's worth to keep you.

Point is how they were saying they couldn't give the fighters a larger share of the revenue is complete and utter bollocks.

No its not. That is not how business works.

Dana made his money on the sale of the corporate entity where much of the value is what would be called 'good will' around the brand value and not based on any earnings multiple or cash flows which is where fighters pay would be allocated.

And i am not saying that the UFC could not pay more. That is a dumb question as any one CAN pay more once they are making some money and up to a point where that pay would make them lose money. But lets not forget that the UFC did lose money for many of its years and spends ton of money to grow markets outside the US with uncertain return.

And Dana buying expensive swords is an Art purchase which I think no one should care about. Would you care if it was paintings?

Fighters only make $6,900 dollars a year?

Oh wait, no they don't. They make $10k/10k per fight.

And yeah, Dana White makes a lot of money. More than his fighters. Comes with being the company president.

Like it's some big surprise that Bill Gates makes more than his programmers?

Yeah the owner of the my company that I work for buys exotic cars he goes to Europe four times a year. That's what owners/presidents and rich people do. They pay their employees jack shit and enjoy their huge profits

You don't understand how businesses operate.
OK, Internet CEO. NBA players get 50% of revenue, NFL players get 47%. UFC fighters make just 7%. What's there to understand? I would love to hear your LARPing wisdom.

Why are people so upset about the money Dana makes?

OK, Internet CEO. NBA players get 50% of revenue, NFL players get 47%. UFC fighters make just 7%. What's there to understand? I would love to hear your LARPing wisdom.
NBA, NFL are non profit, tax exempt associations that are subsidized by taxpayers. UFC is 100% for profit private business. Its nowhere near the same. the closet model you will find to the UFC is WWE, although they are very different now. UFC pays a much higher % of revenue than the WWE and have way less restrictions on earning potential.

Last edited:
Yeah, because collecting European longswords is so much cooler.

oh boy

i definitely had a buddy from Leeds who collected historical period axes, which at the very least had the benefit of looking good on wall mounts as opposed to weird sword mounts that often looked wildly long and dangerous at this other guy's house

Fukk Dana and his fake snow driveway in Las Vegas

oh boy

i definitely had a buddy from Leeds who collected historical period axes, which at the very least had the benefit of looking good on wall mounts as opposed to weird sword mounts that often looked wildly long and dangerous at this other guy's house
I dont judge folks harshly on what catches their interest. I know a man that spends insane amounts of money on all sorts things that really amount to upper class junk. Sets of armor (historical and new production), ancient weapons of any origin, tribal masks, ancient jewelry, etc. After his children moved out his collecting became more obsessive, although his wife is very understanding. She even seems to be a bit amused by it, but he has confided that in private she gives him grief over the amount he pours into his “hobby”. He could quite literally open a small scale museum with the shit he has accumulated over the years. He seems completely normal until you get “the tour”. I believe many people into “collecting” are simply expressing unhealthy compulsive behavior in a relatively healthy way. It’s a fine line between that and outright obsession though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back