Media Dana White with an update on 300: Card may still flip completely, Figureido vs Cody will open it though

Flip? Are fights changing or just bout order? I think a few fight might change, who is available though?
Definitely sounds like some fights can be moved, for new bouts should signings go through? Alternatively some fights they counted on now risk getting scrapped?

That's how I took it, but it's just to wait and see.

More Bullshit Hype from the Bald Goof

I can understand how he got away with it during Zuffa days, since his best friends owned the UFC... but god knows how he still gets away with his business malpractice under TKO since it is a publicly traded company.

"I got good shit. I don't have it yet. I can't tell you why. But it's good shit and you're going to be blown away when you get it. But I don't know when"

Sounds almost like Dana is selling drugs on the streets or something

I think it has to do with trying to convince sponsors and secure lucrative deals with them, too. There's probably a bidding war going on in regards to which sponsors the ufc shows at 300, and if he keeps convincing people the card will be huge, the more sponsors will bid.

The new main event . Venus Williams will square off with 400lb gorilla named Serena. To the death George’s

Unless Jones is somehow available there literally aren't any massive fights he can put as the headliner. Pereira v Izzy 3 at LHW comes the closest, but still a completely undeserving title shot and I have a lot of doubt Izzy would take that fight.

Hopefully we open with a big KO

I think it has to do with trying to convince sponsors and secure lucrative deals with them, too. There's probably a bidding war going on in regards to which sponsors the ufc shows at 300, and if he keeps convincing people the card will be huge, the more sponsors will bid.
You're right. Money is a big part of it for sure.

The UFC has been selling wolf tickets for ages.

This is why Fox didn't want to continue with the UFC... Fox opted to go with WWE instead. hah

Even Reebok didn't want to continue with the UFC either. UFC had to go with Venum.

I heard that ESPN was not too happy with the UFC either, for putting up watered down cards in 'Fight Island' during Covid just to fulfill their contractual obligation.

Dana and the UFC have proven time and time again that they will say what they need to say and do what they have to, to get their 'sponsors' and deals... UFC 300 is no different

Last edited:
This all seems like amateur hour shit.
What a fiasco this is becoming. We are gonna end up with a WMMA comain and probably some weird made up belt with two dusted off retirees fighting for it.

That wmma fight is gonna be a ripper sir.

Cody vs Figgy should be on the main card, this is stupid. You got Yusuff/Lopes, Andrade/Rodriguez, Nickel/Brundage, and some other WMMA fights no one cares about that could be prelim openers...why are they putting this at the bottom of the totem pole?

This is like putting Slayer and Megadeth on the "local" stage at Ozzfest.

It's not good, if its this much of a struggle to put it together, then we're already on shaky ground that it will hold on fight day.

Guessing they are pulling some fights from 299 over to 300 if possible. Gotta make 300 a bigger event somehow.

What does that tell me?

For some reason you put a really good fight as the opener... Doesn't tell me shit, just weird placement when other fights are definitely "worse"

Guessing they are pulling some fights from 299 over to 300 if possible. Gotta make 300 a bigger event somehow.
Yea I think a lot of this could have been solved if they announced Holland vs Page for 300. But moving it now leave a bad taste

So that means they’ll pull from other cards to make this one better?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back