Media Daniel Cormier And Chael Sonnen: "There's No Conversation" Alex Pereira Is GOAT If Wins Third Belt

DC and Chael are shameless shills. Everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

And no, Alex wouldn't be the GOAT. Now, if he defended the LHW belt one or two more times, then won the HW belt and defended it one or two times, then we could have a discussion.

lmao at the
"theres no conversation who the GOAT is"

do these guys think where all bunch of naive people

It’s a fair assessment.

He’s breaking into that “combat sports GOAT” category with guys like Cejudo.

Winning belts is the easy part. Defending them is a whole different story. I think Ank takes Periera out.
Depends on Ankalaev's game plan. If he chooses to grapple, I think he could finish Alex relatively quickly. But will he? That's the question.

Although techniques, training, and nutrition have generally evolved over the years, the sport is still plagued with low IQ. This is particularly true with strikers. I'm always surprised at the number of guys who willingly strike against high-level (or in Alex's case, world champion) kickboxers. I suspect it's a "tough guy" thing. I remember Frank Mir talking about a potential fight with Anderson Silva many years ago, and he said that he strike with Anderson because he would want to test himself. That kind of meathead mentality is prevalent in this sport.

'combat sports' sure. Hell, he might even be there. 'MMA' ummm...

No, you need a longer career with more fights.

Also how about making him fight a few legit wrestlers at lhw and if he wants to go to heavyweight make him fight some good wrestlers like Blaydes and maybe JBJ.

He has been impressive but they have really protected him from good wrestlers.

Lastly you can’t be in the conversation for goat without beating someone that is also an all time great(and sorry IZZY ain’t it for me). GSP had Hughes, Jon Jones had DC and etc.

Pereira vs Jones is the superfight MMA needs but somehow UFC management will argue that Jones-Stipe is a more meaningful fight.

To take that superfight seriously Alex needs to learn or show he can wrestle or grapple effectively at that level or he will or could get embarrassed by this old version of Jones.

Gane was bigger, stronger and more elusive than Alex, and jones made quick work of Gane because he was a confused novice on the ground when jones put him down. That confusion led to fear and Gane tapped quickly like he saw the Holy Ghost when jones put pressure on that choke.

Stipe is a better fight until Alex takes off his training wheels in that area. Just because he is a young fighter does not mean he is a better fight or matchup. These kids are babies in many of the areas that make Stipe, Jones, GSP, and so on, so proficient, including experience. I think it is a bad matchup for Alex until he proves he can actually grapple sufficiently.

Last edited:
No, you need a longer career with more fights.

Also how about making him fight a few legit wrestlers at lhw and if he wants to go to heavyweight make him fight some good wrestlers like Blaydes and maybe JBJ.

He has been impressive but they have really protected him from good wrestlers.

Lastly you can’t be in the conversation for goat without beating someone that is also an all time great(and sorry IZZY ain’t it for me). GSP had Hughes, Jon Jones had DC and etc.
He has massive potential to be a superstar and already is a star, putting him against Ankalaev would probably destroy the hype he's gotten.

It's a high risk, little reward fight. If anything put him against Jiri again.

No not at all. If he beats Aspinal and then defends his belts against Jones and a few more people at LHW and HW, then yeah, maybe he's one of the GOATS.

Cheater Jones would have a hissy fit then a mental breakdown.

As much as i love Alex Pereira, Magomed Ankalaev if he actually fights like a dagestani he is should make easy work of him.
I'll hold my judgement, no one's really tried to take Alex down in a long time. He could have really improved the tdd enough to suffice.

1. Competes in MMA professionally
2. Still has yet to fight a grappler in MMA somehow
3. Declared to be 1 fight away from being the MMA GOAT

lol you couldn't make shit this stupid up if you tried

I'll hold my judgement, no one's really tried to take Alex down in a long time. He could have really improved the tdd enough to suffice.
Yeah i hope so, but there's been some videos few weeks ago where Ikram Aliskerov and Magomed Ankalaev have been training with the Khabib group.

Which you know what that means lol.

After what we've seeing I don't see how anyone at LHW takes Poaton out.

Anyone in the top 15 outside of Magomed gets slept easily, I don't dispute that. I'm just not liking how much control time D1 Blachowitz was able to inflict on Alex. Magomed is a far better grappler and his striking seems to be getting better with each fight.

If Alex gets it done against Magomed then I'll happily eat crow.

Depends on Ankalaev's game plan. If he chooses to grapple, I think he could finish Alex relatively quickly. But will he? That's the question.

Although techniques, training, and nutrition have generally evolved over the years, the sport is still plagued with low IQ. This is particularly true with strikers. I'm always surprised at the number of guys who willingly strike against high-level (or in Alex's case, world champion) kickboxers. I suspect it's a "tough guy" thing. I remember Frank Mir talking about a potential fight with Anderson Silva many years ago, and he said that he strike with Anderson because he would want to test himself. That kind of meathead mentality is prevalent in this sport.

True, and Magomed definitely comes across as a guy with something to prove. We'll see.

Anyone in the top 15 outside of Magomed gets slept easily, I don't dispute that. I'm just not liking how much control time D1 Blachowitz was able to inflict on Alex. Magomed is a far better grappler and his striking seems to be getting better with each fight.

If Alex gets it done against Magomed then I'll happily eat crow.
True, my old brain totally forgot what happen with Jan for whatever reason. I take back what I said. Lol

1. Competes in MMA professionally
2. Still has yet to fight a grappler in MMA somehow
3. Declared to be 1 fight away from being the MMA GOAT

lol you couldn't make shit this stupid up if you tried
This is true, imma just say though if they somehow make a Jon Jones vs Alex fight and He Left Hooks Him To Death.

All bets are off.

Back