Dark Souls: Remastered

Sounds like changes are pretty minimal for this, but I'll nonetheless get this even though I have PtDE. DS1 is a top 5 game for me and I want to have another chance to play online it when it's highly populated.

Yeah there's MP. You can do friendly coop or invade others and try to kill them. Supposedly up to six players at a time, whereas the original game only supported four.

What did you like better, the campaign or multiplayer?

I just tried to read about MP and I have no idea what the hell they are talking about. It's like another language.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/online

I guess I'll learn all this stuff when I play. Heard nothing but good things about it.

What did you like better, the campaign or multiplayer?

LOL. The multiplayer is woven into the campaign. As you’re playing the singl player opportunities will present themselves to either temporarily call in assistance from another player, or to have another player momentarily “invade” your game to try to kill you.

I just tried to read about MP and I have no idea what the hell they are talking about. It's like another language.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/online

I guess I'll learn all this stuff when I play. Heard nothing but good things about it.
Use the White Soapstone for friendly coop and a Cracked Red Eye Orb for invasions. You'll figure it out once you're playing.

Even though they're both a regular part of the game, people do think of them as two distinct aspects: PvE (player vs engine) or PvP (player vs player). There are lots of people who exclusively do one or the other. I'm mostly a pve guy. I like the variety of locations and bosses.

I'll get this just to have it on ps4, bit that seems to be the only selling point for me.

Was hoping for some significant graphics improvements but that doesn't seem to be the case from what I've seen so far.

Stable 60fps is great compared to what consoles were getting before.

It does take some adjusting, but I just do a ranged character in Souls games now. It's hard to go from BB and Nioh back to melee in Souls. When DS3 dropped I just did a pure Pyro build and loved it; wrecked many a boss with that build. In my opinion just take what Souls gives you (magic/spells) that BB doesn't and exploit that. You can always go back and do a Melee build if you want.

Would you recommend NIOH? I am a huge fan of the Souls series. How does NIOH stack up?

Would you recommend NIOH? I am a huge fan of the Souls series. How does NIOH stack up?
I've been playing Nioh for months now, ever since it released on PC. Also own it on PS4 and played it a ton there as well. I find the melee combat deeper than the Souls games but the world and enemy design is weaker and more repetitive. They also tried to make too much content so they reuse areas, enemies and some bosses for side missions.

Still love it for the combat though (has some really cool innovations) and it's become one of my favourite games, right up there with the Souls series.

Switch version getting delayed.

Switch version getting delayed.

I have mixed feelings on this. Bummed it's delayed, but it was coming out a week apart from State of Decay 2 so it will give me a little separation on games. I may get weak and just buy on PS4 since I already 2 and 3.

I was going to wait on the Switch version anyway. Figured the PS4 would get the most out of the surge of new players so I went with that.

• Slower gameplay
  • No recovery window
  • Larger selection of weapons, armor, and spells
  • More build variety
  • More NPCs and Sidequests
  • The world is more varied in DS1, masterfully intertwined
  • Stronger PVP community in its heydey
  • More variety in NG+ vs Chalice Dungeons of BB
They are both phenomenal. My list makes it seems like DS is a better game...which maybe it is but BB's gameplay is probably unmatched in terms of just enjoyment.

I finally got a chance to play BB (borrowed a PS4 from my friend) and, for me at least, it's a large notch below DS1 & 3.

You consume blood vials very, very quickly unlike in DS1 where the time to drink an estus flask is actually quite long, so you have to be more strategic. That was one of my main gripes with DS3 as well.

Very often you can just trade with enemies - if you lose life, you can just trade with them and earn that lost life back.

Fighting other NPC hunters is laborious and boring.

Quickstepping takes almost no endurance and almost all the enemies are ridiculously slow. I did a 40/40 balanced saw cleaver build and only ended up putting about 15 or 20 in endurance because more just wasn't necessary.

The parry window is huge - I mean, just enormous.

All the games are kind of easy to break once you play through them and find out how to min/max early on and you can do some fuckery. With BB however, I did it on accident. Wondering around trying to figure out where to go, I was abducted into the optional zone where my +3 weapon quickly became +6. Once I found out where to actually go though, that +6 just absolutely ate everything up for several bosses afterwards.

There are a lot of positive merits to BB ofc, and it's a great game, don't get me wrong. It's just that I heard so many people refer to it as their favorite of the Soulsborne series for so long that I was a little shocked at how much more I liked DS1&3 compared to it.

I finally got a chance to play BB (borrowed a PS4 from my friend) and, for me at least, it's a large notch below DS1 & 3.

You consume blood vials very, very quickly unlike in DS1 where the time to drink an estus flask is actually quite long, so you have to be more strategic. That was one of my main gripes with DS3 as well.

Very often you can just trade with enemies - if you lose life, you can just trade with them and earn that lost life back.

Quickstepping takes almost no endurance and almost all the enemies are ridiculously slow. I did a 40/40 balanced saw cleaver build and only ended up putting about 15 or 20 in endurance because more just wasn't necessary.

All the games are kind of easy to break once you play through them and find out how to min/max early on and you can do some fuckery. With BB however, I did it on accident. Wondering around trying to figure out where to go, I was abducted into the optional zone where my +3 weapon quickly became +6. Once I found out where to actually go though, that +6 just absolutely ate everything up for several bosses afterwards.

There are a lot of positive merits to BB ofc, and it's a great game, don't get me wrong. It's just that I heard so many people refer to it as their favorite of the Soulsborne series for so long that I was a little shocked at how much more I liked DS1&3 compared to it.
That's cool. Everyone's experience is different. How many bosses have you fought so far?

That's cool. Everyone's experience is different. How many bosses have you fought so far?

I beat it. Once with the saw cleaver / pistol and another time with the hunter axe that's really gundy'rs halberd (in my mind).

I beat it. Once with the saw cleaver / pistol and another time with the hunter axe that's really gundy'rs halberd (in my mind).
Haha yeah I could see that comparison. Including DLC?

Haha yeah I could see that comparison. Including DLC?

Unfortunately no. It wasn't my PS4 and the guy I borrowed it from never bought it.

Too bad Sony is like a dragon roosting on their licenses and will never allow a Demon's Souls or BB port to PC

Unfortunately no. It wasn't my PS4 and the guy I borrowed it from never bought it.

Too bad Sony is like a dragon roosting on their licenses and will never allow a Demon's Souls or BB port to PC
DLC is great if you ever get a chance to play it.

I would love a PC port of both of those. Better loading times and 60fps would be such an improvement. That's the only real drawback to those games for me.

DLC is great if you ever get a chance to play it.

I would love a PC port of both of those. Better loading times and 60fps would be such an improvement. That's the only real drawback to those games for me.

For sure. I called him up after I beat it and was like, "dude, where the fuck is the clocktower lady I've seen countless memes/pictures of - I just couldn't find it no matter where I looked". Then he tells me that he never got the DLC and I asked why we're friends.

Someday I'll buy a used PS3 and finally get a chance to play Demon's Souls. It's just hard to justify buying a console, albeit a very dated and discounted one, just to play a single game.

It has the best looking graphics and smoothest combat. If you like game mechanics hamstringing you, you must have loved Ds2 or Scholar.

Back