David Haye Appreciation thread

He got stopped by TONY BELLEND.

Watch the fight KIDDA.
You're just trolling now..... Haye got knocked through the ropes but he wasn't that hurt he just took too long to get back through them because he was one legged. The ref called the fight because the was the towel was thrown in due to him being one legged.

Last edited:
Agreed. Having seen the ortiz fight i think wilder would be too much for haye to handle. wilder actually has an iron chin. joshua is also a terrible match up for him.

The only thing I'll mention is that Wilder can't handle a fighter that uses angles. Old Ortiz shifted his feet around to the side and it completely flummoxed him. Haye is quicker and gives angles too. I don't think it's such a walk through for Wilder, if Haye is without injury or excuse for injury.

Ten fuckin' years... I was ringside in Paris the night he took out Mormeck (my then partner & I jumped up & down & screamed our heads off when everyone else sat down & went quiet at the end, & then some very serious looking locals glowered over & we decided to celebrate in private, very far away). I bumped into the guy from Le Monde afterwards, & he said "Your boy, he kicks arse" in the most pigeon English you've ever heard.

I loved that night. Later, in our hotel—which was the cheapest & the nearest one in that arondissement, which memory seems to supply as being reached underneath a motorway flyover—my then partner chatted up the whores in the lobby to score some drugs.

Ten fuckin' years. Christ.

Anyway. Haye was a fantastic cruiser, but a bit of a wash at heavy—though with hindsight that Chisora win looks better & better, as a succession of fellas have been unable to dent Del Boy to this day.

The only thing I'll mention is that Wilder can't handle a fighter that uses angles. Old Ortiz shifted his feet around to the side and it completely flummoxed him. Haye is quicker and gives angles too. I don't think it's such a walk through for Wilder, if Haye is without injury or excuse for injury.

While I appreciate the nuances of your post, & agree with the gist, I gotta add that there's no way Haye can get through a training camp these days without something snapping on him, he's just too fragile for words. His body's shot, which is ironic as he's always been such a body-beautiful type.

joshua is no valuev or audley harrison and I feel like the sheer weight discrepancy would be haye's undoing. i think Joshua's pressure game eventually wears him out

Wilder, wlad, Joshua, fury are all way too big for him and can bully him too easily. I used to think that he was going to smash fury when they were due to fight, but in hindsight, it would’ve been similar to his fight with wlad again.

Wilder, wlad, Joshua, fury are all way too big for him and can bully him too easily. I used to think that he was going to smash fury when they were due to fight, but in hindsight, it would’ve been similar to his fight with wlad again.

Yeah Fury would dance around and jab Haye at distance, it would be a boring one sided victory. He would just have too much of height and reach advantage and he knows how to use it.

Ten fuckin' years... I was ringside in Paris the night he took out Mormeck (my then partner & I jumped up & down & screamed our heads off when everyone else sat down & went quiet at the end, & then some very serious looking locals glowered over & we decided to celebrate in private, very far away). I bumped into the guy from Le Monde afterwards, & he said "Your boy, he kicks arse" in the most pigeon English you've ever heard.

I loved that night. Later, in our hotel—which was the cheapest & the nearest one in that arondissement, which memory seems to supply as being reached underneath a motorway flyover—my then partner chatted up the whores in the lobby to score some drugs.

Anyway. Haye was a fantastic cruiser, but a bit of a wash at heavy—though with hindsight that Chisora win looks better & better, as a succession of fellas have been unable to dent Del Boy to this day.

That mormeck fight was incredible and the reason why I was always a big fan of haye. One of the best performances in recent years from any British fighter abroad, and 1 of my favourite fights. I can’t understand why he isn’t held in high regard in Britain. he should be in the same bracket as froch, calzaghe, Hatton at the very least. In reality he achieved more than all of them as unified CW champ and HW champ.

Yeah Fury would dance around and jab Haye at distance, it would be a boring one sided victory. He would just have too much of height and reach advantage and he knows how to use it.

Yeah I’ve no doubt it would’ve looked like that, but at the time I thought fury had fcked up and called the wrong person out. Watching that 2nd chisora fight made me realise how wrong I likely was

Yeah I’ve no doubt it would’ve looked like that, but at the time I thought fury had fcked up and called the wrong person out. Watching that 2nd chisora fight made me realise how wrong I likely was

Yeah Fury improved a lot to the point he got to with that 2nd Chisora fight. The Wlad fight really showed what he was capable of when he stuck to his boxing.

I can only speak for myself when I say I thoroughly enjoyed HW haye and all his antics. I especially enjoyed the chisora brawl and the fight that followed. If ever there was all fight that needed to end via brutal ko it was that one and haye did not disappoint. Wlad may have been a bridge too far for him but I don't see any shame in that. Wlad was one of the longest reigning hw champs in history for a reason and haye is a natural cruiserweight

Yeah Fury improved a lot to the point he got to with that 2nd Chisora fight. The Wlad fight really showed what he was capable of when he stuck to his boxing.

That was the fight that I realised how good he actually is. People slept on him because he looked goofy and uppercutted himself in the face. I’m sure you can remember him being a joke figure throughout his whole career, and fans saying he was running scared of David Price. Ridiculous in hindsight
I wasn’t surprised he outboxed wlad, but I was just surprised he got the decision in Germany

I thought haye was a horrible matchup with fury. It was actually the other way round. Glad they never fought now!

I can only speak for myself when I say I thoroughly enjoyed HW haye and all his antics. I especially enjoyed the chisora brawl and the fight that followed. If ever there was all fight that needed to end via brutal ko it was that one and haye did not disappoint. Wlad may have been a bridge too far for him but I don't see any shame in that. Wlad was one of the longest reigning hw champs in history for a reason and haye is a natural cruiserweight

There is absolutely no shame losing to wlad, especially when you are giving away so many physical advantages. Unfortunately that is what he gets shit for even from British boxing fans. Its a head scratcher.

There is absolutely no shame losing to wlad, especially when you are giving away so many physical advantages. Unfortunately that is what he gets shit for even from British boxing fans. Its a head scratcher.

I think it's because many bought into the pre-fight hype that Haye was building up that he was going to knock out Wlad and what we got was a pretty one-sided shutting down type of fight where Haye really failed to live up to his pre-fight rhetoric. He just couldn't assert himself in that fight and then he got the toe injury which unfortunately just sounds like a joke to some even though I believe it really did affect him detrimentally.

I think it's because many bought into the pre-fight hype that Haye was building up that he was going to knock out Wlad and what we got was a pretty one-sided shutting down type of fight where Haye really failed to live up to his pre-fight rhetoric. He just couldn't assert himself in that fight and then he got the toe injury which unfortunately just sounds like a joke to some even though I believe it really did affect him detrimentally.

His movement was key to him winning the fight and in reality a broken toe will massively affect that. that probably did put paid to his chances of pulling the upset. He just shouldn’t have made a big deal out of it afterwards

Im not sure that fight is judged entirely fairly tbh. The first several rounds, maybe until about round 5, Haye was doing pretty damn good. I dont know if Wlad figured him out or that injury was worse than we fans think it is, or a combo of both.

But there was a massive difference in the first half from the second.

You're just trolling now..... Haye got knocked through the ropes but he wasn't that hurt he just took too long to get back through them because he was one legged. The ref called the fight because the was the towel was thrown in due to him being one legged.

Did he get stopped or not?

That's a great story, bud, thanks for sharing.

I know this isn't the point of the story but there's tough ppl in France? jk jk.

Did he get stopped or not?
Not by the ref, not by Bellew by his own team. That's what happens when you get an injury like an Achilles tendon rupture, your own team throw in the towel.

Back