RBR DAZN Joshua vs Helenius Aug.12th

Great one punch KO win for Joshua. Him and Wilder are big punchers (poor boxers though). They happen to be in the same era with two great boxers (not known for a big punch), in Usyk and Fury.

Imagine Saudi going crazy with the money offer, Fury growing a pair, and us having a doubleheader for the ages Usyk/Fury and Wilder/Joshua same card. It would be awesome.

If the wilder fight gets made, aj will need to find the right hand a lot quicker, otherwise he might not get out the first few rounds. Tremendous shot to end it tonight.

AJ is fucking cringe wow.
It looks like a bipolar disorder. his brain isn't making its own choices and his happiness determined by win/ losses so he shifts between extreme mood swings. If Joshua lost this one we'd have likely seen a bigger meltdown than Usyk, but instead we have the opposite. So basically he's a bit unhinged and on edge. His face said it all through the fight and he dropped a Freudian slip about a loss being like suicide. This isn't a burn but he should see a therapist.

Notice how Wilder took an L poorly but then bounced back after re-evaluating the situation. Joshua had a poor reaction but was able to get control of himself. Joshua didn't show that at all because he's not in control of himself.

One thing people forget is Wilder has been hurt/wobbles several times ; Breazale, Ortiz, Fury, the math teacher, Washington too I think. He’s also been outboxed by some bums as well.

I’m not so quick to count AJ out.
Breazale hurt Wilder? You sure? I honestly don't remember since Wilder put him away so quickly in such devastating fashion.

But anyway, it's heavyweight boxing. Fury has been dropped and/or hurt against a few guys as well.

The biggest problem I see for AJ is all upstairs. He's gunshy and lacking confidence, whereas Wilder is the total opposite. Wilder is brimming with confidence, and is always looking to the put the lights out no matter how tough a fight gets.

AJ's also gotten touched up in every recent fight i've seen him in going back to Kubrat Pulev. Even Franklin had his moments. You can't get touched up against Wilder.

Granted it is HW boxing so anything can happen, but that Wilder right hand, it gets there quicker than one would think, and even though Fury recovered from it, it still landed on him multiple times and Fury is 3x better on defense than Joshua.

If the wilder fight gets made, aj will need to find the right hand a lot quicker, otherwise he might not get out the first few rounds. Tremendous shot to end it tonight.
you know he can. He just needs to get some shit out of his head and accept that an aggressive style is high risk high reward.

Breazale hurt Wilder? You sure? I honestly don't remember since Wilder put him away so quickly in such devastating fashion.

But anyway, it's heavyweight boxing. Fury has been dropped and/or hurt against a few guys as well.

The biggest problem I see for AJ is all upstairs. He's gunshy and lacking confidence, whereas Wilder is the total opposite. Wilder is brimming with confidence, and is always looking to the put the lights out no matter how tough a fight gets.

AJ's also gotten touched up in every recent fight i've seen him in going back to Kubrat Pulev. Even Franklin had his moments. You can't get touched up against Wilder.

Agree with pretty much everything you said. But yeah Breazale landed an overhand right in the corner while he was getting hammered, Wilder momentarily wobbled then backed up.

It looks like a bipolar disorder. his brain isn't making its own choices and his happiness determined by win/ losses so he shifts between extreme mood swings. If Joshua lost this one we'd have likely seen a bigger meltdown than Usyk, but instead we have the opposite. So basically he's a bit unhinged and on edge. His face said it all through the fight and he dropped a Freudian slip about a loss being like suicide. This isn't a burn but he should see a therapist.

Notice how Wilder took an L poorly but then bounced back after re-evaluating the situation. Joshua had a poor reaction but was able to get control of himself. Joshua didn't show that at all because he's not in control of himself.
You use delusion as an example of how AJ is mentally ill, then being up Wilder to be the antithesis of AJs mental health <Lmaoo> yeah, Wilder has never been delusional.

I think you're just seeing what you want to see, mate.

I've gotten used to AJ being really tentative, but I didn't expect him to take so much damage against Helenius, especially with Helenius not really even committing to his punches. AJ was bruised and bloodied a bit. Anyway, Joshua still doesn't know who he wants to be. It's like he doesn't want to throw punches in bunches because he'll get too tired, too quickly and find himself extremely vulnerable. All that muscle is still bad for his conditioning in a fight. On the other hand, he doesn't want to drop the muscle because he's concerned about his ability to take a punch. So he appears to be stuck in an unsure place. At this point, I think he peaked long ago and this fragile fighter is who he is.

You use delusion as an example of how AJ is mentally ill, then being up Wilder to be the antithesis of AJs mental health <Lmaoo> yeah, Wilder has never been delusional.

I think you're just seeing what you want to see, mate.
there's such a thing as having a negative reaction to a loss and the way Joshua's been acting. His personality like his fighting style is uncertain and confusing. We know what Wilder is like most of the time while Joshua wears a mask. Notice Joshua playing up his rough background after a loss and Wilder never even bringing up the fact that he fights for his sick daughter. Wilder is has control and knows when to put the act away, Joshua often feels like he is the act. A lot of fighters take on personas but with Joshua you can't tell where his starts and ends.

The rant against Usyk summed it up perfectly. He storms away, which is a normal instinctive reaction in these sports, then goes back and can't decide whether he wants to belittle Usyk, make a victory speech then mid processes switches again and cheers him on like he's making a victory speek but subconsiously knowing he doesn't want to look bad for ripping on a Ukranian.

there's such a thing as having a negative reaction to a loss and the way Joshua's been acting. His personality like his fighting style is uncertain and confusing. We know what Wilder is like most of the time while Joshua wears a mask. Notice Joshua playing up his rough background after a loss and Wilder never even bringing up the fact that he fights for his sick daughter. Wilder is has control and knows when to put the act away, Joshua often feels like he is the act. A lot of fighters take on personas but with Joshua you can't tell where his starts and ends.
And that means he's bipolar according to your expert analysis lmao

Armchair psychologist of the year right here

Think AJ will be tentative as usual and go down first against Wilder. Then will get up and throw caution to the wind, hurting/possibly flooring Wilder before Wilder knocks him out. Zhang/Joyce prob both beat AJ as well imo. A rubber match with Ruiz may be his best most winnable option imo. But I hope he fights Wilder as wanna see that fight.

Quick shout out for the Fisher Armstrong bout, enjoyable scrap for the Southern areas title. I'm still not sold on hrgovic, but hopefully he fights a top contender next.

Back