DC vs Stipe to Headline UFC 226 July 7 Will Coach TUF

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Easy work for Stipe. Will be sad to see a short fat bald 40 year old getting beat up so badly. People will realize weight classes exist for a reason. “But DC was a heavyweight!” He never fought a fast elite HW like Stipe or Cain (great HW wrestleboxers) or even JDS or Werdum. He beat slow as shit people like Bigfoot and Mir. Beating slow as shit heavyweights 6 years ago doesn’t mean he will beat Stipe...
Stipe fast? Eh... I don't think speed should be a problem for DC. Not after facing quicker, taller, longer LHWs than Stipe. Then there's also Rumble who was explosive as shit.

Fight could go either way. Heavyweight DC was a strong motherfucker, it's his natural class. He'll appear to be at much less of a size disadvantage against Stipe compared to Jones after cutting to 205.

That sure was quick

The UFC must've been working overtime for this one. I'm sure they offered Cormier an offer he couldn't refuse, and like I thought, with Cain's approval, he was good to go

and Stipe, what a G. Huge, risky fight for him, but he was like "let's go".. That's what I'm talking about!

Back to the fight, I think Stipe gots this. The two things he's gonna need to emphasize on in camp are tdd and cardio.. It's a 50/50 fight to me, but I will be rooting for Stipe

This is, by all standards, a MUCH more interesting fight than the Francis fight.. Seems like such a long time from now, but July will be here in no time..

Just absolutely insane this came into formation.. I will probably order this fight as well

So my bookie has posted odds on DC / Stipe. Dc is 2.40 (underdog) Stipe is 1.50 (favourite ) . In yank parlance that's
DC at +140
Stipe at -200
I personally see it as a pickem. I just wonder how much better DC will be with no weight cut!

@Vulkkan youve become one of the best news breakers on the site my man. Also what a fight, the forum completely divided as to who will win. My money is on a Popeyes fuelled beating so DC can vacate and leave Cain to come in and fight for an interim belt and then go on to unify it.

When does the TUF season start up? Any word on what weight class the fighters will be?

Man this is huge. If DC wins his legacy will be crazy.

When you stop to think about it the more you realize the fight makes total sense for DC.. With Jones gone there is nobody for him left at light heavyweight. He has beaten everyone.

Stipe's wrestling is good enough to nullify cormier's wrestling. Stipe has amazing jiujitsu defense so he's not going to get RNC'd like rumble. He's got a significant power advantage and is the better boxer. Stipe is bigger, stronger, and has the longer reach. The one hole stipe had in his game was lack of head movement but in his last fight he showed alot of head movement. DC is a pressure fighter but so is stipe so it's going to be interesting who is going to take a backfoot. Stipe has proven he can ko people going backwards and forwards. Stipe via TKO.

Fuckin eh just imagine the shit Juicy J will have to say if DC dethrones Stipe
<JonesLaugh>
It doesn't matter what he says, DC will be sitting back with two belts where Jones will be crying wishing it was him.

Awesome fight and props to DC. He has balls unlike Jones to move up to HW and fight the champ. Huge respect for DC.

Also DC will probably be funny during TUF season and it will bring more light on Stipe as well, it will help build Stipe's brand in the eyes of casuals. I just hope they don't pick FLW or some shit like that for TUF.

I'd expect Stipe to be in the order of -200.

You nailed it!

From post #404 above

So my bookie has posted odds on DC / Stipe. Dc is 2.40 (underdog) Stipe is 1.50 (favourite ) . In yank parlance that's
DC at +140
Stipe at -200
I personally see it as a pickem. I just wonder how much better DC will be with no weight cut!

Wow, Cormier's tune changed dramatically about this fight in less than a week.

Went from not being able to hang with heavyweights and Velasquez kicks my ass in sparring, to #2DivisionChamp and #LetsDoThis.

Money talks.

Back