Dec 11, 2010 can be viewed as the last day of the 'golden era' of the UFC.

I don't agree, but I I respect your opinion. Still don't like WMMA. Skill level is too low for me to care.

Gracie wasn't a pullout, that was a submission (towel)

Shammy bumped his head and doctor said no (doc stoppage)

Nice try

The injury was made up to justify him dropping out. He really didn't fight after after Royce dropped out because he lost his chance at revenge against the true champ. He knew Harold Howard was no competition.

Well said. Also, as good as GSP's jab clinic at UFC 124 was, UFC 122 & 123 had main events that were devoid of any action and belong in the trash heap of history.

Oh man Nate vs. Okami was tough. I was (am) a big fan of both those guys and was so amped to see a title eliminator and then...

Sonnen vs. Nate on the other hand, a title eliminator from, I guess, early that same year- was friggin awesome.

For all intents and purposes, MMA really died when Forrest Griffin submitted Shogun. Whenever that was.

Artem Lobov wasn't in the UFC back then so HELL TO THE NO

Finally, someone around here is talking some sense. We are living in the greatest era of MMA that ever has been or ever will be. The Lobov Era.

That was a weak ass card doe

Sean McCorkle was in the co-main

The injury was made up to justify him dropping out. He really didn't fight after after Royce dropped out because he lost his chance at revenge against the true champ. He knew Harold Howard was no competition.
Congrats on your wikipedia research...

I've learned that there is no arguing with 'you' people but despite your attempted sidetracking, those motherfuckers didn't care about money, rounds, fame or who they fought. Sorry you don't understand that

Congrats on your wikipedia research...

I've learned that there is no arguing with 'you' people but despite your attempted sidetracking, those motherfuckers didn't care about money, rounds, fame or who they fought. Sorry you don't understand that

Actually Shamrock pulled out because he wasn't fighting Gracie in the finals. So I guess they did care about who they fought.

The Gracies were also ducking people like Ruas at the time and didn't let him fight til Royce was out already.

I understand your point but it is not 100% true. You can't get defensive when someone points out the legitimate holes in your narrative.

Actually Shamrock pulled out because he wasn't fighting Gracie in the finals. So I guess they did care about who they fought.

The Gracies were also ducking people like Ruas at the time and didn't let him fight til Royce was out already.

I understand your point but it is not 100% true. You can't get defensive when someone points out the legitimate holes in your narrative.
LMAO! If you didn't have google, you wouldn't know shit..

Worthless to argue with you people..

and honestly, you have managed to bore the fuck outa me on this matter..

good luck with your "research"

LMAO! If you didn't have google, you wouldn't know shit..

Worthless to argue with you people..

and honestly, you have managed to bore the fuck outa me on this matter..

good luck with your "research"

I'm sure you wouldn't believe me anyway but I was watching those events live as a kid. My father was a pro boxer and ordered every UFC up until the first Ultimate Ultimate live on PPV.

But even if I didn't why would finding that info later make it less valid? The truth doesn't become less true if someone learns it from a secondary source. If that's what you believe you must hold World History in low regard. "None of you history PHD's were there to see the collapse of Rome so there is no use debating with 'you people'".

Oh man Nate vs. Okami was tough. I was (am) a big fan of both those guys and was so amped to see a title eliminator and then...

Sonnen vs. Nate on the other hand, a title eliminator from, I guess, early that same year- was friggin awesome.

I agree about Sonnen-Marquardt. The grit shown by Sonnen made me respect him, but it seemed like that was the last time we saw Chael's real persona (not the "heel" character he played ever since, which has eclipsed his actual accomplishments in the sport, including this fight).

Back