Define your Political Leanings

MikeMcMann

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I understand there may be lots of shades of grey to this question and people may disagree with your view of yourself but what I am asking is for YOUR VIEW OF YOURSELF and then whether YOU THINK your view is partisan or PARTY driven. Can you bring yourself to vote for another party if they represent your view?

So for myself as a Canadian this is how I would describe my view of myself based on the above.

------------

I am a Centre Left and towards the Classic Liberal or Small C Conservative vein . I do believe in a social infrastructure such as exists in countries like Luxembourg, Sweden and even Canada (although ours is tainted) but believe gov'ts role in society should otherwise be limited to mostly oversight and not much more.

I do not see myself as partisan as I have and will vote for any party or person regardless of party if they reflect my view.

Solid left, socially and fiscally. I mean, there is the odd small thing where I deviate a bit, but I'm largely in the Left camp. I try to be Left leaning ideologically, rather than party affiliated though. Parties and political figures change their tune and don't deserve consistent loyalty in the face of inconsistent performance.

I consider myself center/right and not partisan. I just don't know a single Democrat that I like right at the moment.

I believe that the democrats and the republicans are the greatest threat to our freedom.

On the left/right axis, I'm on the left. On the conservative/radical axis, I'm a conservative. On the tribalism/liberalism axis, I'm a liberal. On the pragmatic/idealist axis, I'm a pragmatist. I think we should be equally concerned about federal, local, and private concentrations of power (not generally a fan of Yossarian's worldview, but I like this quote: "The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on...").

Biggest influences on my political thinking would be Bill James (baseball writer), Karl Polyanyi, Allan Bloom, Peter Kropotkin, and George Orwell.

Last edited:
Socially more liberal, and for fiscal and military policy, I'm more conservative. In a nutshell, I'd say the best predictor of figuring out where I stand on an issue is to ask yourself, "In what way can we not involve the government on this issue?"

Once upon a time, you'd call that libertarian, but that seems to bug a few folks around here. For whatever reason, the only people who should call themselves libertarians are those "sovereign citizens" types.

Anti pc, pro equal opportunity not equal outcome, work for your own shit, don’t be a victim, americans first, i don’t give a shit

according to that FB data gathering thing that tells you your leanings, i'm 'moderate'

which makes sense, socially very liberal, fiscally conservative

aka 'do what you want, but pay for it yourself'

The bottom line are liberals are weak and do not use common sense.

If a ship was sinking and there was a life raft. Liberals would keep trying to save everyone and bring them all on board until the life raft sinks.

They are also easy to take advatabge of.

A leader needs to be tough and sometimes make inhumane decisions to protect the majority.

Next election will be clearly split.

Democrats will consist of bleeding heart compassionate liberals, BLM, LGBTQ, illegal aliens, muslims, and antifa.

Republicans will consist of everyone disgusted by the above

Last edited:
I've been told I'm a racist, white supremacist... But really I'm just center-right.

Socially more liberal, and for fiscal and military policy, I'm more conservative. In a nutshell, I'd say the best predictor of figuring out where I stand on an issue is to ask yourself, "In what way can we not involve the government on this issue?"

Once upon a time, you'd call that libertarian, but that seems to bug a few folks around here. For whatever reason, the only people who should call themselves libertarians are those "sovereign citizens" types.

Same. This line of thinking is so much in the minority.

I usually ask myself "Does a person's particular actions affect others?" If the answer is no, there should be no law about it. I always seem to gravitate to libertarian viewpoints, but concede that government and regulations are often necessary.

Independent. My views are all over the place.

Extinctionist.

I love people in general, but I hate the stupid, and because there's a whole lot of them, and they're irredeemable, I want us to go quietly into the night.

Not a liberal hillary supporter so I guess that makes me a low information racist, bigot whataboutist, alt right, Nazi, white privileged, sexist, deplorable.

I guess.

Fiscally liberal, socially conservative, anti-israel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back