Define your Political Leanings

Libertarian.

Property rights and right to bare arms.
right-to-bear-arms-o.gif

How much further til you are a full blown communist ?
I don't believe that full blown Communism is feasible, so never I suppose.

But, I'd love to see some workable version enacted globally. There is simply no reason for the wealth disparity that we see in the U.S.

I'd be perfectly happy with demand side economics and tax policy, frankly.

Somewhere in the middle.

Probably lean towards liberalism more, but I don't let it get out of hand.

Im a registered independent but I am pro-immigration.

-Lower taxes for small business and property.

-No estate tax for direct decedents.

-Looser labor laws. Employers basically have no rights these days.

-Complete overall of insurance and healthcare industry.

-More State rights

-Private business can discriminate all they want.

-You can marry and fuck whoever you want as long as its not a minor or relative.

Once upon a time, you'd call that libertarian, but that seems to bug a few folks around here. For whatever reason, the only people who should call themselves libertarians are those "sovereign citizens" types.
I think that's because something like 90% of those who now claim to identify with you are ideological victims of people like the Kochs or Mercers, confused, nihilistic, taking up a fad, or are Ron Paul or Tea Party burnouts, etc. Or basically anyone who has taken the most popular "political compass test" and not realized it's propaganda. The word that accurately described you has become a grab bag and a false alternative to Republicanism.

I don't believe that full blown Communism is feasible, so never I suppose.

But, I'd love to see some workable version enacted globally. There is simply no reason for the wealth disparity that we see in the U.S.

I'd be perfectly happy with demand side economics and tax policy, frankly.

Arent we kinda seeing a successful communist regime with china ?

i want to tax millionaires and raise wages to a point where people got healthcare and society resembles the 1950s fantasy .... Minus all the isms and i dont care if the man or woman is the stay at home parent . I think a modern take on the 50s fantasy would be really groovy

I am for empirically and pragmatically determining what will provide the maximum social utltility for the most people. The means favoring democracy without ignoring the extreme importance of economics and incentives in both power dynamics and distribution of the economic surplus. It also means rejecting rigid ideological approaches.

I am a big reader of @Jack V Savage, especially his works on tribal vs liberal, conservative vs radical, and equality. Riveting stuff. :)

I don't think he's insincere in that at all, its one of the few issues he seems genuinely interested in.

He is a Pepe meme, nice enough, but still a Pepe meme.

I think that's because something like 90% of those who now claim to identify with you are ideological victims of people like the Kochs or Mercers, confused, nihilistic, taking up a fad, or are Ron Paul or Tea Party burnouts, etc. Or basically anyone who has taken the most popular "political compass test" and not realized it's propaganda. The word that accurately described you has become a grab bag and a false alternative to Republicanism.
I call them libertardians. May Allah eradicate them all.

I just live my life and do my thing. I give no shits about politics

Not as left as people assume. I'm going to appear partisan for quite a while because of the way things are today (particularly on wedge issues I'm nearly always going to take the side of the left), but I have no problem taking up ideas that are unpopular with progressives. I don't know enough about economics to have a solid opinion across much of it, but I can safely say we should spend very liberally where we expect a long term return, like healthcare and education, research and infrastructure. As far as being pragmatic or idealistic, we should be focusing more energy in the places where we can bring those ends closer together.

He is a Pepe meme, nice enough, but still a Pepe meme.
Maybe much of the time but on the issue of morality I do think he's genuine. He and I have gone back and forth on the topic here and there and if he's been trolling then he's done a good job pretending to be a thoughtful, open minded person.

Maybe much of the time but on the issue of morality I do think he's genuine. He and I have gone back and forth on the topic here and there and if he's been trolling then he's done a good job pretending to be a thoughtful, open minded person.

He has a lot of good to say, but it doesn't intersect with his political comments. It's massively contradictory to talk about people like Kirk as a basis for your thinking and then support a man like Trump and Pepe memes.

My number one objection to Trump is the way he does not try, as all recent presidents have, to appeal to morality and higher ideals. He and most of the right in America seem dismissive of the idea that people even have higher ideals. Hypocrisy is bad but normal and expected; not even professing values that you can contradict is worse.

I completely agree. The religion of the Right is the free market (Praise be upon it :D) and they only bring up morality when it relates to gay marriage and abortion. There is not a lot of serious talk regarding morals, values, religion, responsibility, family and higher ideals. I also think that the Right is making a big mistake in alienating Islam. Social conservatives and Christians could have strong allies with the Muslim community if they could only make the effort to build a bridge.

I'm a Hillary demon bot

Back