Law Dems want to decriminalize HIV+ sex with unknowing partners ++UPDATE ITS NOT A FELONY ANYMORE++

When you criminalize HIV or stigmatize people who have HIV it encourages people not to get tested, to stay in the shadows, not to be open about their status, not to seek treatment.

The doctor won't throw you into jail because you have HIV. Why would someone be afraid to get tested? You get thrown into jail if you knowingly spread it, it's a different thing. What kind of garbage logic is this.

Doesn't this law protect uninfected gay men? The threat of felony is probably a decent motivator for infected gay men to not lie. By downgrading it to misdemeanour you trivialize the crime. Less than 1 year in jail for destroying someone's health for the rest of their lives? I don't think so, those people deserve to be shot.

Current state law related to those living with HIV is unfair because it is based on the fear and ignorance of a bygone era,” Gloria said. “With this legislation, California takes an important step to update our laws to reflect the medical advances which no longer make a positive diagnosis equal to a death sentence.

Todd Gloria is another gay man. "Well you don't die immediately, you just live with a horrible condition that costs between $2,000 and $5,000 a month to treat and will eventually kill you. No big deal lol, we should remove the felony."

Are they infected, why else push for this.

If you know you have some sort of STD and you engage in unprotected sex without informing your partner your dick should be cut off

HIV and AIDS - the next frontier in social justice and identity politics. There really is no end to the depravity of these people.

Well this is dumb.

Wonder what, if anything, will be the eventual breaking point in our society? What's the tipping point when progressive liberal activism and political action push conservative minded America to pick up arms?

And If they do, I wonder who would honestly win...

The guy's argument is really bad. It'd be a lot more easily debated if his argument was "HIV infected people are living to almost normal life spans with modern medical treatment" instead of "to reduce the stigma of carriers" . It'd still be bad to reduce it to a felony but he *might* have an easier sell with a better argument.
There is no easy sell on this...this is crock of shit...

There is no easy sell on this...this is crock of shit...

I'm not saying there is. I'm saying the guy REALLY struck out hard. He could have lost a 30-27 decision, instead he was KO'd in the first.

In a test of shifting attitudes about HIV, a group of state lawmakers has proposed that it no longer be a felony for someone to knowingly expose others to the disease by engaging in unprotected sex and not telling the partner about the infection.

The measure by state Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) and others would make such acts a misdemeanor, a proposal that has sparked opposition from Republican lawmakers.

The same downgrade in crime level would apply to people who donate blood or semen without telling the blood or semen bank that they have acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, or have tested positive for human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, the precursor to AIDS.

“HIV-related stigma is one of our main obstacles to reducing and ultimately eliminating infections,” Wiener said. “When you criminalize HIV or stigmatize people who have HIV it encourages people not to get tested, to stay in the shadows, not to be open about their status, not to seek treatment.”

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-aids-felony-20170315-story.html

this is the nu-male cuck senator who is proposing it. note, hes from san francisco...
Scott-Wiener.jpg

rawImage.jpg

scott-wiener-hed-2016.png

my opinion, holy fuck, having empathy for people doesnt mean you should let them kill others...
I'm guessing he already has the HIV.

In a test of shifting attitudes about HIV, a group of state lawmakers has proposed that it no longer be a felony for someone to knowingly expose others to the disease by engaging in unprotected sex and not telling the partner about the infection.

The measure by state Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) and others would make such acts a misdemeanor, a proposal that has sparked opposition from Republican lawmakers.

The same downgrade in crime level would apply to people who donate blood or semen without telling the blood or semen bank that they have acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, or have tested positive for human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, the precursor to AIDS.

“HIV-related stigma is one of our main obstacles to reducing and ultimately eliminating infections,” Wiener said. “When you criminalize HIV or stigmatize people who have HIV it encourages people not to get tested, to stay in the shadows, not to be open about their status, not to seek treatment.”

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-aids-felony-20170315-story.html

this is the nu-male cuck senator who is proposing it. note, hes from san francisco...

my opinion, holy fuck, having empathy for people doesnt mean you should let them kill others...

your post is disingenuous

first off it's still a crime, misdemeanor vs. felony

it's mostly due to prostitutes, which i guess you have experience with

@Banchan

"The vast majority of convictions were in prostitution solicitation incidents in which it is unknown whether any contact beyond a conversation or an exchange of money was initiated, the researchers said. A sex worker can be charged with a felony if he or she is HIV-positive and solicits sex from another person without telling them of their infection, even if the two do not have sex, Wiener said."

personally i think it's a crime

but if you're having sex with prostitutes, first off lol, secondly just assume that hookers are hiv positive

So he's gay and doesn't want to criminalize the 'not gay' disease that infects and kills gays at a much higher rate than straight people?
94% of new HIV cases among young men are homosexual men.

CDC-HIVYoungMales2011-650px_645_480_55.jpg

This law is a great way to spread teh AIDS around legally.

IMO, it puts women in danger. Gay/bi men having sex with women. And no punishment for them for not telling. Cause I saw a stat one time that most gay men have had sex with the opposite sex.

Their argument is retarded beyond belief.

“These laws are absolutely discriminatory. No other serious infectious disease is treated this way. HIV was signaled out,” said Wiener, who wrote the legislation with Assemblywoman Susan Eggman (D-Stockton) and Assemblymen Todd Gloria (D-San Diego) and David Chiu (D-San Francisco)

All this highlights to me, is that other dangerous infectious illnesses need to be added to the law. If you intentionally give somebody a dangerous disease you can already be prosecuted under all sorts of bodily harm laws.

your post is disingenuous

first off it's still a crime, misdemeanor vs. felony

it's mostly due to prostitutes, which i guess you have experience with

@Banchan

"The vast majority of convictions were in prostitution solicitation incidents in which it is unknown whether any contact beyond a conversation or an exchange of money was initiated, the researchers said. A sex worker can be charged with a felony if he or she is HIV-positive and solicits sex from another person without telling them of their infection, even if the two do not have sex, Wiener said."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decriminalize

decriminalize
verb de·crim·i·nal·ize \(ˌ)dē-ˈkri-mə-nə-ˌlīz, -ˈkrim-nəl-\
Popularity: Bottom 40% of words
Editor's note: Did You Know?
Definition of decriminalize
  1. transitive verb
  2. : to remove or reduce the criminal classification or status of; especially : to repeal a strict ban on while keeping under some form of regulation
reducing a crime from felony to misdemeanor is, by definition, decriminalization

personally i think it's a crime

but if you're having sex with prostitutes, first off lol, secondly just assume that hookers are hiv positive

i got my dick sucked in a legal pinsaro in japan. ive never had sex with a prostitute

Their argument is retarded beyond belief.

All this highlights to me, is that other dangerous infectious illnesses need to be added to the law. If you intentionally give somebody a dangerous disease you can already be prosecuted under all sorts of bodily harm laws.

agree it should be crime

look at who are the convicts though

it's hookers

are you really surprised hookers have hiv?

Back