Den of Thieves - upcoming crime thriller with Gerard Butler (UPDATE: Saw it tonight, it's great!)

It also has O'shea Jackon Jr. The son of Ice Cube. I thought he was passable in Straight Outta Compton, but he has room for improvement. I hope he can do better in this one.

Why does this movie make me want to by a Criss Vector?

Kriss_Vector.jpg

Not sure to be honest. If you're going to get something that large I'm not sure why you'd ever go with a pistol cartridge. Just get yourself an AR "pistol" and call it a day. If you're smart, you'll go with 300 BLK which was literally designed for this specific task, but even 5.56 NATO blows 9mm/45ACP/10mm out of the water.

It's Kriss by the way. And you want it because it looks cool.

Based on the fact that it's a Gerard Butler and 50 cent movie
I don't get how Butler goes from some of the really cool parts he did like 300, RockNRolla and others to this shite.

I don't think he's bad at all. I think he's not gotten the best roles in his career, but I don't see any problem with his actual ability to play a character on screen.
He has zero range and always has an accent. He has some charisma but thats about it.

He has zero range and always has an accent. He has some charisma but thats about it.

He demonstrated some range in The Phantom of the Opera. Not only was it a musical, but he played an emotionally tortured character and did a pretty good job of it.

I suspect a big reason we don't see much range from him is because he always plays the same kinds of characters. But, in my opinion at least, he does a pretty good job with the roles that he is given.

Do me a favor and watch this clip real quick. This may not be your style, but you have to at least admit that it's something different from him.

I love it when film makers include a rapper in a film. It's like they're saying 'hey, if you want to see a movie with good writing, decent acting, and a plot, go ahead and skip this one'.

They're really doing you a favor there.

Back