Law DeSantis promises to control Disney

Yes, but you apparently can't if you thought the constitution says corporations get to run as tgeir own country. Still waiting on that citation.
I guess I gave you too much credit then in assuming you could figure out this was about the first amendment. Let me guess where you stood on the Trump getting banned from Twitter issue… weak ass spins from a person with weak character.

nate-diaz.gif

I guess I gave you too much credit then in assuming you could figure out this was about the first amendment. Let me guess where you stood on the Trump getting banned from Twitter issue… weak ass spins from a person with weak character.

nate-diaz.gif

There's no consistency because rightists as such do not believe in freedom of speech for everyone. It's a liberal idea.

nate-diaz.gif
So now you think twitter acting on behalf of government agencies to block free press and ban who they're told to rig an election was a first amendment violation? Only took several years.

How did Ron DeSantis silence Disney or even limit their reach? Their headquarters isn't even in Florida. Is this a violation of their constitutional right to groom children, or their right operate outside the laws that apply to everyone else?

Lol, you're an absolute can who's unable to back up anything you say because you're operating on pure emotion. Good luck with that.

So now you think twitter acting on behalf of government agencies to block free press and ban who they're told to rig an election was a first amendment violation? Only took several years.
Nah unlike you I am consistent, even when it’s not convenient.

Lol @ calling anyone a can after doing that transparent and weak spin not once, but twice

As someone who was interested in his 2024 run I gotta say this is odd. I'm not liking how much he is trying to exert government influence over a company. And even though i think woke = joke I gotta agree that TC had a point about free speech, as cringy as Disney can be

Does Movies that has a character with 2 moms make him upset?
Does he own a pair of White Boots?
One guy on the board gave White Boots Ron 50k, Disney gave him 60k, Ken Griffin has given Ron, 10.75 million. Does your friends family fall in between $50,000 to 10.75 million.
What I like about Ron, is he will let anyone stuff money in his pockets. He hates wokeness so much, that he took a check from Disney. Its on brand for the Culture Warriors in the GOP. Majorie Steriod Face, owns Disney stock.

1. Yes.
2. Not that I know of…
3. My friend’s family is probably into Ron for over a million. You get more than a Disney seat for that kind of money. You also get a seat on the board that appoints judges (JNC) and then you get to appoint your wife to the bench, but I digress…
4. DeSantis is actually quite moderate in his private views, he just sees this anti-woke thing as his ticket past Trump in the Primary. He might be right.

Well thats grooming. Just look at that weird Disney exec Karen that forced her young children to be LGBTQIA+ so she can brag about it to all the other Karens in her neighborhood.

I guess I consider it a don't disrespect your host issue. Its hard for me to feel sorry for them.
<Fedor23>
Disrespect the host?? The government is there to represent the people. Not host them.

and discussing lgbt isn’t “grooming”.

Or Disney could have STFU about wanting to talk to 5 year olds about sex. But no. They obsess over sexualizing children.
It’s you weirdos who think any discussion about couplings or individuals or orientations has to include descriptions of sexual practices.

Disrespect the host?? The government is there to represent the people. Not host them.

and discussing lgbt isn’t “grooming”.
Huh? The state of Florida is hosting Disney's theme park.

I asked what it means calling Florida and the governor the host……is your governor your host?
Are you purposefully being dense? I'm not a business expecting special perks.

Are you purposefully being dense? I'm not a business expecting special perks.
You’re still not explaining how owning a business and land in a state makes the state and the governor their “host”.

As frustrating as I find the right using government to bully around a company I just want to point out that the left is doing the exact same thing, taking a company hostage because they don't agree with how they operate in other states. Both sides are fucking hypocrites.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ca...ver-abortion-pills-issue-governor-2023-03-06/
really? One of them is a man attempting to rule by fiat, break contracts and punish a company for not towing his PERSONAL MORAL line regardless of legal standing, while another is a state choosing not to do business with a corporation that decided to deny the legal right of medication for political reasons.

4. DeSantis is actually quite moderate in his private views, he just sees this anti-woke thing as his ticket past Trump in the Primary. He might be right.

When he was in Congress, he was further right than Ryan on economic stuff, opposing progressive taxation and wanting to phase out SS and Medicare/Medicaid. His 2011 book also attacked Obama for meeting with foreign dictators and saying "we sometimes make mistakes." Also claims that the Constitution was instituted to prevent "redistribution of wealth through the political process." Maybe he was just blowing with the wind then too? But that raises the question of what the guy really thinks and would do with more power. We've already seen him try to use his power to silence critics.

really? One of them is a man attempting to rule by fiat, break contracts and punish a company for not towing his PERSONAL MORAL line regardless of legal standing, while another is a state choosing not to do business with a corporation that decided to deny the legal right of medication for political reasons.

So because one guy does something worse it's ok to ignore a scumbag move by someone else?

Got it.

Back