Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

new iron banner today for anyone still playing the game mode is control and the weapons are the hand cannon and sniper rifle.

According to the weekly update this will be the LAST Iron Banner for Destiny 1. I might jump in this week and have some fun with my old raid team. Shockingly most of them are still playing. haha

yeah I decided to give it a go and some dick kept killing me inside my bubble with flying knees I
think this is the first time I've ever played against someone use the peregrine greaves.

with how fast it spawned in pvp(control) it was like how special ammo is now in Destiny 1. I never really cared about getting it the shotgun was pretty much useless to me, the sniper rifle didn't hit hard enough, I have never liked fusion rifles, and the grenade launcher hit like a bitch. I did get killed alot by the fusion rifles though in pvp and always used the grenade launcher in pve instead.
shotgun useless? it was the most effective power ammo, nearly every time i picked up ammo for my shotty i got a team wipe. I can usually get 3-4 kills each time I get ammo, where as a sniper is essentially useless. Fusions were really good though but i preferred shotty since it was more consistent.

shotgun useless? it was the most effective power ammo, nearly every time i picked up ammo for my shotty i got a team wipe. I can usually get 3-4 kills each time I get ammo, where as a sniper is essentially useless. Fusions were really good though but i preferred shotty since it was more consistent.
I said useless to me

Damn, last Iron Banner of Destiny. I'm gonna have to jump in and play a few rounds. There's also only 2 weeks left of Trials, if they make it a decent map one of these last two weeks I'll have to see if I still have the ability to go flawless.

Im sure destiny 3 will come out in 2 years. I bought destiny when it first came out and now i can't even play it without buying hundreds of dollars of expansion packs.

Im sure destiny 3 will come out in 2 years. I bought destiny when it first came out and now i can't even play it without buying hundreds of dollars of expansion packs.
I'd say around 3-4yrs they need enough time to milk the Destiny 2 DLC

I'd say around 3-4yrs they need enough time to milk the Destiny 2 DLC

The biggest draw for Destiny is that the developers said they would just keep updating the same game and not release a new game. That didn't last long.

The biggest draw for Destiny is that the developers said they would just keep updating the same game and not release a new game. That didn't last long.
yeah the whole "10 Year Plan" now that the PS3 & XBox360 are out of the way they might try to do that a bit.

big mistake playing this IB if this last year and a half to two year is an indication of what Destiny 2 is going to be like I hope everyone at bungie catches cock rot.

big mistake playing this IB if this last year and a half to two year is an indication of what Destiny 2 is going to be like I hope everyone at bungie catches cock rot.
D1 is like D2's mayhem mode.

From the Bungie weekly update:

TWEAKED: Globally reduced the time it takes to charge your Super

This was a big change that came directly from your feedback during the console beta. We agree it was taking a bit too long to cook up a Super.

TWEAKED: Increased Grenade Damage in PvE

Increased damage helps Grenades feel as powerful as they should facing hordes of alien combatants and, more specifically, makes the longer cooldowns more palatable. We want abilities to be slightly more rare, but worth it. In the console Beta, the “worth it” part wasn’t quite there yet.

TWEAKED: Increased Power Ammo drops in PvE

This is something we had felt internally and have been slowly tuning up over the last several weeks. The PC beta has been updated with our new values and will provide much more heavy ammo in PvE than what was found before. Heavy ammo can also be directly farmed from all Yellow Bar Combatants. Go big, Guardians!

From the Bungie weekly update:

TWEAKED: Globally reduced the time it takes to charge your Super

This was a big change that came directly from your feedback during the console beta. We agree it was taking a bit too long to cook up a Super.

TWEAKED: Increased Grenade Damage in PvE

Increased damage helps Grenades feel as powerful as they should facing hordes of alien combatants and, more specifically, makes the longer cooldowns more palatable. We want abilities to be slightly more rare, but worth it. In the console Beta, the “worth it” part wasn’t quite there yet.

TWEAKED: Increased Power Ammo drops in PvE

This is something we had felt internally and have been slowly tuning up over the last several weeks. The PC beta has been updated with our new values and will provide much more heavy ammo in PvE than what was found before. Heavy ammo can also be directly farmed from all Yellow Bar Combatants. Go big, Guardians!
Glad grenades are getting buffed, timer is still shit though. Gonna have to mod the shit out of your gear to even make it decent.

I didn't realize PoE lvl 28 was still giving out year 1/2 guns spent around 8 hours grinding for a Loner.Rebel got it and after 100 - 120 rerolls got a decent roll. Each roll cost 250 glimmer 3 weapon parts and 1 mote of light I spent like 30k glimmer was trying for truesight is / sureshot is , rangefinder, rifled barrel, and either luck in the chamber or hidden hand. After around 70 rolls relized it didn't have rangefinder so finally settled on truesight is, zen moment, rifled barrel, and hidden hand. After all of that couldn't really understand why they took away reforge that was a fucking pain to get that roll who would reforge every gun if it took that much.

I didn't realize PoE lvl 28 was still giving out year 1/2 guns spent around 8 hours grinding for a Loner.Rebel got it and after 100 - 120 rerolls got a decent roll. Each roll cost 250 glimmer 3 weapon parts and 1 mote of light I spent like 30k glimmer was trying for truesight is / sureshot is , rangefinder, rifled barrel, and either luck in the chamber or hidden hand. After around 70 rolls relized it didn't have rangefinder so finally settled on truesight is, zen moment, rifled barrel, and hidden hand. After all of that couldn't really understand why they took away reforge that was a fucking pain to get that roll who would reforge every gun if it took that much.

Bro.... TAKE A BREAK!!! D2 is coming soon! ; )

From the Edge Magazine interview with Luke Smith:

"So yes, relax: base cooldowns are lower in the final game than they were in the beta. Grenades now hit like magical, elementally powered trucks, and are no longer solely used for clearing out low-level adds. Chuck one at a boss, and the effect is dramatic."

Hopefully this means what I think it means, and the base grenade cooldown was also reduced.

From the Edge Magazine interview with Luke Smith:

"So yes, relax: base cooldowns are lower in the final game than they were in the beta. Grenades now hit like magical, elementally powered trucks, and are no longer solely used for clearing out low-level adds. Chuck one at a boss, and the effect is dramatic."

Hopefully this means what I think it means, and the base grenade cooldown was also reduced.

I'm OK with them doing an "either / or" or even a "both" fix. Either decrease cooldown time or increase grenade damage. But if they do both then we could be in for a good time.

I'm still not on board with the new "2 primary" weapon system. I saw them talking about in a raid where you will have to have each of your teammates fitted in a certain manner. I don't know why they keep on telling how we should play the game.

Apparently on 9/1 we'll get an epilogue and a prologue on D1 before D2 launches.

I'm excited about D2.

I'm OK with them doing an "either / or" or even a "both" fix. Either decrease cooldown time or increase grenade damage. But if they do both then we could be in for a good time.

I'm still not on board with the new "2 primary" weapon system. I saw them talking about in a raid where you will have to have each of your teammates fitted in a certain manner. I don't know why they keep on telling how we should play the game.

Aren't they planning on locking loadouts for certain activities too?

Back