News Devout Christian Jon Jones threatens to burn all his Nike's due to controversial sneaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough but I'm talking about what they say. If you say "there is no god" that is an atheist. If you say "I don't believe in god but it's possible one exists" that's an agnostic.

What you are referring to is a gnostic atheist, who does not believe in a god because they have proven it.

Although, I would consider gnostic atheist nonexistent because you pretty much have to be a god yourself in order to know all knowledge needed to disprove the statement.

Atheists are agnostic atheists BTW if they follow the current system of science because science is based off inference, even if they don't realize it.

But they're just lying to themselves, no one has complete definitive evidence of the existence of any God. Belief is not a reliable path to truth.
I'd like to challenge you on that statement.
But first, let's put all religion aside.
Also, instead of using the term God, let's just say a Creator. I think it's more appropriate for this conversation.

To say there is no creator, is to say you were not intelligently created. Which would mean that while things like iphones and airplanes (which are pretty complex ) were intelligently created but you just came to be by chance. Believing that you came by chance whilst having a brain more complex than any computer, eyes more complex than any binoculars, and things like a nervous system, immune system, organs, etc all working in perfect synchrony simultaneously would be illogical.

Believing that a random explosion could create a harmonious universe with exact alignments and accuracy in things like the solar system and expansion of the universe would also be illogical.

Believing that everything on this planet is here because of some cause and effect but the universe itself is just completely speratic and random would also be illogical.

Hence, to believe there in fact, is a Creator who intelligently designed everything is logical by any basis of thought, science or mathematics that you'd like to use.

Fair enough but I'm talking about what they say. If you say "there is no god" that is an atheist. If you say "I don't believe in god but it's possible one exists" that's an agnostic.
I think there's levels to it

I'm not convinced there is any God-like being/entity in existence. But is there a 0.00000000000001% chance I'm wrong? Of course. I don't think that makes me agnostic lol.

Lol, hell do nothing

Also, instead of using the term God, let's just say a Creator. I think it's more appropriate for this conversation.

To say there is no creator, is to say you were not intelligently created. Which would mean that while things like iphones and airplanes (which are pretty complex ) were intelligently created but you just came to be by chance. Believing that you came by chance whilst having a brain more complex than any computer, eyes more complex than any binoculars, and things like a nervous system, immune system, organs, etc all working in perfect synchrony simultaneously would be illogical.

Believing that a random explosion could create a harmonious universe with exact alignments and accuracy in things like the solar system and expansion of the universe would also be illogical.

Believing that everything on this planet is here because of some cause and effect but the universe itself is just completely speratic and random would also be illogical.

Hence, to believe there in fact, is a Creator who intelligently designed everything is logical by any basis of thought, science or mathematics that you'd like to use.
It's really not illogical. To put it in ridiculously simple terms: Things are the way they are because they wouldn't exist if they weren't.

If I wanted to have these discussions I would frequent the WR. So please don't expect me to delve into this too far, respectfully.

Jesus Christ(lol), can't believe people are still spewing out the watchmaker argument.

Go read some Hume or watch some Dawkins on this argument. This argument has been disproven for hundreds of years.

First time I would've sided with Jones. Fuck the constant mocking of Christ and the normalization of Satan.
Christ is worst than Satan (Samuel 15:2-3): he ordered his followers to kill amalekite babies! For God's sake, how barbaric and disgusting do you have to be to order the killing of babies????

It's really not illogical. To put it in ridiculously simple terms: Things are the way they are because they wouldn't exist if they weren't.

If I wanted to have these discussions I would frequent the WR. So please don't expect me to delve into this too far, respectfully.
No problem, I'll leave it alone then.
Hopefully I didn't come off disrespectful in any way. I do enjoy talking about things of this nature as I have friends of all beliefs, but would never try and force my belief on anyone.

If you ever feel like having a discussion , feel free to message me bradtha

More specifically, the Church of Satanism somewhat takes itself seriously, but is more anti-christian than "pro-evil"...and the Satanic Temple, which takes itself somewhat less seriously and exists to clown christian groups. Either way, they both exist to mock and ridicule religious groups who attempt to hijack American politics and social norms.

Jarl
Yes, every time christians try to overstep, the satanists are there to give them a reminder not to do it.

I have no issue with the church of Satan, etc.

I had the same misconceptions about satanism growing up christian but then I actually looked into it in college.

I don't have an issue with religion just as much religion in general doesn't overstep it's boundary. Which sadly happens. They won't listen to atheists, agnostics, other religions but when the satanists come into , they are reluctantly force to play fair because of the satanic panic.

I wouldn't say it's harmonious it took billions of years to get where we are at right now.

Theists can't understand it.

It's really no different than when you ask a theist where did god from? What do you mean where God come from blah blah. They just accept it

They just go one more step than atheists. I'm an atheist btw. I stop at what I know about the universe. I don't know what is outside of the universe, if there is an outside. I don't just start making stuff just because I don't know.

First time I would've sided with Jones. Fuck the constant mocking of Christ and the normalization of Satan.

It's not even the mocking of Christ or Christians/Catholics it's the mocking of the people who worship/believe in the religion in general. I grew up catholic, became atheist and gave up atheism when it went off the rails (imo, based on reddit) and I still don't believe in god but recognize that it teaches some very basic ways to be a decent person.

Jesus Christ(lol), can't believe people are still spewing out the watchmaker argument.

Go read some Hume or watch some Dawkins on this argument. This argument has been disproven for hundreds of years.

lol thank you, can't believe how popular this strand of teleological thinking still is despite hundreds of years of convincing criticism. People are so desperate to super-impose their own anthropocentric biases onto to nature to find meaning there

It's not even the mocking of Christ or Christians/Catholics it's the mocking of the people who worship/believe in the religion in general. I grew up catholic, became atheist and gave up atheism when it went off the rails (imo, based on reddit) and I still don't believe in god but recognize that it teaches some very basic ways to be a decent person.
Reddit makes everything worse. I had that spell of edgy atheism too but then realized it had its perks. It's not all bad. It just needs to be kept in bounds. I don't see the issue with satanism. I think it keeps other religions honest. At least in the way.

The flying spaghetti thing just not going to deter religionist for overstepping their bounds but satanism will

Can I still wear the Satan shoes if I don't cheat on my wife and at my job, and hit and run a pregnant woman while high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back