Did anyone not like Quiznos?

My province was infested with Quiznos and we still have few left. But I noticed that Quiznos is gone in most peoples town. I know they had management issues but did anyone not like their food?

I feel like their food was always delicious and chicken bacon carbonara was truly a unique taste that stands the taste of time.

Canada seems to have a decent amount of Quiznos.

Link to the video

I haven’t seen a Quiznos in probably ten years. Both Quiznos and Subway are garbage though. Go to a local deli or butcher and get real food for cheaper.

There is this Polish deli by me and a full sized 12 inch sub is only $7, and it used to be only 5 a couple years ago. Good stuff too.

If there is nothing else around I’ll hit Jersey Mikes, it’s good but wayyy overpriced.

Link to the video

This video is a must watch, it explains how they self destructed themselves.

We still have some Quiznos where I live (Canada) but they are never busy and the quality is always hit and miss.

Quiznos was a better, but more expensive, Subway.

Unfortunately, Subway eventually won their rivalry through the '$5 Footlongs' driving Quiznos into bankruptcy.

And since then, Subway has increased their prices far beyond Quiznos's, and thats why I refuse to ever eat at any Subway no matter how many 'Footlong for $9' coupons they send me.
Same

and the fact they tried to cover up Jared's disgusting child predatory activity for the sake of their advertising campaigns.

Fuck Subway, Quiznos was superior in every way and I was fine paying a little more for their superior product. Subway stole all their good ideas.

Quiznos had that honey ham sub which was so good.

I go to Firehouse now for my sub choices anyways. They are solid.

Near the end of their big run, it was pretty shit. They pretty much cheap'd out on all their ingredients, and it became no different than Subway. The drop off in quality was swift and drastic. It's no mystery why they cratered into obscurity.

They were really good for little while, though.

Their prices were steep but it was good. I really liked how they had a bunch of toppings out for self serve.

Last edited:
I only ate at Quiznos a few time. Jersey Mikes is superior to subway, even if slightly more exspensive.

I have a local sub shop that is better than both though. Massive hoagies and they are delicious.

Their broccoli cheese soup was awesome. My second was their black angus subs.

I only ate at Quiznos a few time. Jersey Mikes is superior to subway, even if slightly more exspensive.

I have a local sub shop that is better than both though. Massive hoagies and they are delicious.

Obviously a local hero/sub/hoagie/deli is best.

Jersey Mike's is good shit too.

Anybody remember or still have any Schlotzky's around them?

I used to love those round sandwiches with the olives melted into the cheese

Anybody remember or still have any Schlotzky's around them?

I used to love those round sandwiches with the olives melted into the cheese
Yeah, there is still a schlotzsky's in Little Rock, Arkansas where I grew up. Love that place.

I absolutely loved Quizno’s chicken carbonara sub. Sadly, however, Edmonton still has two Quizno’s and the last two times I bought a chicken carbonara from them it was terrible. The chicken itself was all rubbery and gross. I was heart broken. I’d rather not have one at all and simply remember how it was than to have its memory tarnished like this.

notlikethis-matrix.gif

I noticed this as well!

The place I go to is hit and miss with classic Italian. Chicken subs have always been exceptional but sometimes, they do not do a good job of slicing the cold cuts for the classic and you get uneven cuts.

But for sure, some locations have amazing Quiznos. I hear you on the memory thing. For me, its as much nostalgic as it is tasty. I have to do like a strict raw vegetarian food fasting for few days to really get my appetite up and clean my system + not feel guilty for overindulging because that is what I am going to do damn well do.

Quiznos nostalgia is special for me because in the 2000s, I just had a flip phone and as I would eat, I would plan and plot my future of what I want to do in life in terms of running a business and so it was brain storming the future. Now I do have a budding business and occasional Quiznos lets me think about diversifying it. Its more than just food, its an experience.

I had a friend who hated it. Don't know why. I was a fan.

I am relieved to read " I had a friend" meaning past tense, meaning that you no longer have to suffer his insidious existence. But in all seriousness, if you had to guess, was it the food or bad customers?

Link to the video

I saw this yesterday and lots more. Few franchise owners committed suicide because of shitty corporate and making them buy from their suppliers and not costco. Not to mention oversaturating it.

I always wondered that aside from that, did anyone not like their subs?

Their food has always been so amazing. In terms of customer service, I noticed some people who worked there were nasty to lot of customers but they were always cool with me.

Their food has always been so amazing. In terms of customer service, I noticed some people who worked there were nasty to lot of customers but they were always cool with me.

Probably because it had a bit of a Subway had a baby with Starbucks vibe. What do you call sandwich baristas? Subistas?

One of my high school girlfriends worked at one for a few months. Had a chicken carbonara sub with broccoli cheese soup at least a few times a week.

Miss that place. And her..

<2>

Back