Did Francis Ngannou Make a Huge Mistake Not Resigning with the UFC?

Did Francis Ngannou make a mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he lands a big money fight with Tyson Fury it will be worth it - one fight and he’s done. If not, he would have been making much more money in the UFC l. I think with his skills and size, it’s fairly low risk - powerful guys like Roz and BB he can easily overpower, fights he’d be losing would be against wrestlers or Gane with TDD. Sucks he left the UFC but good for him if that’s what he wants. Great to see fighters knowing their value and not accepting the UFC terms.

He doesn't need the Fury fight. He could fight twice on a co main against some random big ass dude on a Jake Paul freak show card and make bank.

Not saying that's what I want for him but he has a handful of options, from legit boxing, youtuber cards, other mma promotions, etc. He'll be aiiiight

He'd make a lot more with UFC than on a Jake Paul card.

If he did anything right at all by walking away, Ngannou was the first champ to say no to Dana, make the man sweat, and actually follow through with leaving. Maybe down the line other fighters will wake up and realize their value as well, but Ngannou is truly the first big name to do it and nobody can take that away from him, even if he gets absolutely embarrassed in boxing with a much bigger payday. Respect.

He's a damn bum, wasted his prime on sitting at home while being the best heavyweight in the world.How anyone supports that is beyond me
Get him the fuck out far away as possible,he can do sth else clearly

I hope wahhncis gets zero offers from anybody… just to send a message that whiny bitch ass behavior will not be rewarded. If he goes and makes 10s of millions+ boxing that would set a bad precedent that being a QQing whiny complainer off.. that’s the last thing we need. I hope not even regional bingo hall dubya dubya wrasslin will go near him with a 9001 foot pole

Are you having a stroke?

Sometimes your feelings are hurt and you can only do one thing, most likely wrong thing.

The thing is Ngannou didnt left, he was basically fired. I would put my hand in fire he was thinking that there is no way UFC would fire him.
How do you fire someone you have no employment contract with?

At his age, and his with knee issues, are he’s probably best served taking a one off pay day and having his lights turned out in Boxing. Rather than committing to multiple fights in the UFC over a couple of years. Even if the money likely works out similar at the end of the day.

The only guys that will get him a $5-10 million pay day in boxing though are Fury, Wilder and Joshua. And all three of them will knock him dead quite easily. Once that happens his mystique is gone.

His issue is that the big names at Heavyweight in boxing can make way more boxing one another than crushing Can’gannou. In MMA he’s terrifying. But in Boxing he’s going to be a can.

Ngannou is putting pressure on Dana and the UFC To get what he deserves and all fighters wants to.

He's "showing the way" to others fighters to get their rights

Absolute career suicide by Ngannou. The Fury fight is a pipe dream. At best he'll get an exhibition in 2 yrs after the Usyk and Joyce fights. And who says Fury will entertain fighting the then former UFC champ. It only has prestige while Francis has the belt

Ngannou is putting pressure on Dana and the UFC To get what he deserves and all fighters wants to.

He's "showing the way" to others fighters to get their rights

What way is that though? He's got out of his contract but no big boxers are interested and he turned down a big UFC payday.

Seriously.

Sometimes you just don’t wanna line the pockets of people you don’t like or you’re chasing something else, it’s not always money.

Francis has complained pretty consistently about money as well though.

If more top tier fighters would stand up to the UFC it would eventually force thier hand to pay real coin, I respect what Francis is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back