Diego Sanchez gives verbal statement on IG Live (cliffs provided)

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Exactly and people would rather take this time to shit on Fabia instead of back Diego and support that NO fighter should have to say they NEVER experienced brain damage because most of the time it isnt onset until later in life

Fighters know what they're getting into but to act like Diego should lie on record is stupid

We dont know what is really included in the communication with UFC. But its very fishy how only with Fabia/Diego this develops like that.
You cant believe a word out of Fabia/Diegos mouth. Something doesnt ad up. A company who wants to strongarm you doesnt pay your full salary incl. win bonus after letting you go.

Diegos main problem is not his healthcare but his suspectability to get scammed as he is not the sharpest tool. Even before Fabia he got scammed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Fabia is just the end line who will ruin him.

I rarely ever post...
But holy shit did I get an LOL out of who eats dinner as a adult. Literally might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read here....

Bro did that dude have a stroke or something, that shit was wild.

Dana is a ruthless bastard, not only he underpays fighters he also bullies them into making statements to clear his company. Last fight, the guy wanting to resign, needing the money from the last fight and they strong-arm him.

That is shady

I know that this isn't going to be a popular idea, but I feel like this just highlights the need for the UFC to take better care of their fighters physical and mental health. Maybe some sort of long-term health plan for long tenured fighters. Whether you like him or not, fighters like Diego have helped build the UFC brand. He is a legacy fighter and deserves better. The UFC has always had a profitable business model, but it has come at the expense of their fighters.

Diego is the one who fought all those fights and got punched, kicked, elbowed in the face countless times.

It was his choice.

You cant blame the company for neurological damage when you willingly fought killers.

You also cant make up your own rules.

But all this Bullshit and yet Diego said he wants to fight again in Bellator/ BKFC/ OneFC ect
this ^^^^

and dont bring up the NFL the difference was they knew players didnt.. we all know now... fight at your own risk

Cliffs:
-Diego claims he received a phone call by Sean Shelby in which Shelby told him he’d be receiving an important email from Hunter Campbell that he needs to respond to immediately or his fight will be canceled.

-Diego claims he reached out to his lawyers on how to respond, he goes on to reveal that the email asked Diego to release a public statement that he did not receive any neurological injuries due to competing in the UFC.

-Diego states that his “advisors” told him that the UFC is trying to “bully” him into providing documentation that he never sustained any serious brain injuries prior to his last fight to clear them of any liabilities.

-Diego states that he then received a letter only with Hunter Campbell's signature in it detailing he has been released because of his last loss to Jake Matthews; however he’d receive his full purse.

-Diego feels the release and explanation were bullshit because if that were true why would they have bothered moving forward with booking, promoting, and selling a fight with Donald Cerrone to ESPN.

-Diego also states that he did not understand why they reached out to him about health when he passed all of his physicals prior to competing including MRIs, EKG’s, and brain scans required by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

-Diego admits that his "manager" reached out for medical history because he’d like to have it on file and that he knows they would’ve never given it to him after retirement.

-Diego appreciates the support and love he’s received from fans and family and that for anyone who is suspicious of him and his “manager” that they need not be or else he wouldn’t be vouching for him. He also claims his "manager" has had his back.

-Diego ends by telling people to subscribe to his OnlyFans (lol) if they’re interested in hearing his truth because Instagram is filled with sheep that may believe the UFC’s “lies”. He says to follow the story as it continues to unfold.

Pardon the typos, I will work on editing them. Lots to unpack here.

ezgif-7-92e6ab1de276.gif

Diego is innocent on this one. It's Fabia stoking the flame and UFC fearing that he's going to file a lawsuit. Leeches fighting other leeches and Diego caught in a cross-fire.
Except that Diego decided to associate himself with Fabia and has spent his whole life being gullible and never learning from it

A company who wants to strongarm you doesnt pay your full salary incl. win bonus after letting you go.
They do if they want to argue that you fought out your contract and weren't terminated (a la Leslie Smith). But then the UFC did claim Diego was cut for the Matthew's loss, which is clearly a lie. So who the fuck knows what's going on. Plus it's not like 100gs matters to the UFC in a situation like this.

Sounds like the UFC freaked out with that brain scan inquiry.

UFC saying they released him due to his last loss might be them trying to give him a chance to continue making money. If they he was released due to medical issues no one could touch him till he is tested fully, that would cost him a fortune.

I liked Diego, but this Fabia guy has destroyed his last grip on reality

Just the Matt Brown KO alone is CTE inducing, I mean lol at the UFC becoming even more scummy by the day, Diego is a prime candidate for major brain damage and he sure did all that during his UFC career.

And they stated he got canned because of his last loss to Matthews but had a fight scheduled with Cerrone for ESPN 24?

{<doc}

Damn! TS is practically an MMA reporter with these notes. Good lookin sherbro.

Everybody shitting on Fabia and the real villians were the UFC all the time.

Good ol' Sherdog

Listen up mate, in real life you can have two villains go at it.

No matter how bad UFC us, it doesn't change the fact that fabia is a piece of shit trainer and human being.

The UFC paid him show, win, and sponsorship money for the upcoming fight.

I don't see how anyone can complain. His contract got honored in full.

You guys are thick headed. I hate the UFC's policies, but they are totally right on this.
He made a suspect request for medical info "since diago has fought under the UFC," which is a threat of a law suit saying diago sustained permanent injury's fighting for the ufc. Maybe fabia has no intention of starting such a case, but the UFC layers are paid to protect the company, not just assume its all fine and a year or two down the line try and fight it out then. The public statement while harsh is to protect them now and allow the fight to go on. By refusing there is no reason for the ufc to risk further involvement, so they paid him and cut ties. They don't even need a reason, so do you really want them to say "we're covering our ass and that means not allowing you to possibly get MORE injured while fightning for us."

I feel for him, but hes wrong. They dont have his medical info and they couldnt keep it from him if they did. A patient ALWAYS has the right to their own personal medical history. He should have waited, but he started this ball rolling and the ufc can't ignore it.
I hope he retires and finds something to do with the rest of his life cause he needs to leave the fight game alone. Tired of seeing these guys (like bj penn) struggle so hard when they need to completely move on from fighting.

Just the Matt Brown KO alone is CTE inducing, I mean lol at the UFC becoming even more scummy by the day, Diego is a prime candidate for major brain damage and he sure did all that during his UFC career.

And they stated he got canned because of his last loss to Matthews but had a fight scheduled with Cerrone for ESPN 24?

{<doc}
Yeah, the UFC was doing a good job of CYA before that, then they fucking throw that out. Just peak mma
The UFC paid him show, win, and sponsorship money for the upcoming fight.

I don't see how anyone can complain. His contract got honored in full.
That's good, but let's not pretend the UFC did that out of charity.
You guys are thick headed. I hate the UFC's policies, but they are totally right on this.
He made a suspect request for medical info "since diago has fought under the UFC," which is a threat of a law suit saying diago sustained permanent injury's fighting for the ufc. Maybe fabia has no intention of starting such a case, but the UFC layers are paid to protect the company, not just assume its all fine and a year or two down the line try and fight it out then. The public statement while harsh is to protect them now and allow the fight to go on. By refusing there is no reason for the ufc to risk further involvement, so they paid him and cut ties. They don't even need a reason, so do you really want them to say "we're covering our ass and that means not allowing you to possibly get MORE injured while fightning for us."

I feel for him, but hes wrong. They dont have his medical info and they couldnt keep it from him if they did. A patient ALWAYS has the right to their own personal medical history. He should have waited, but he started this ball rolling and the ufc can't ignore it.
I hope he retires and finds something to do with the rest of his life cause he needs to leave the fight game alone. Tired of seeing these guys (like bj penn) struggle so hard when they need to completely move on from fighting.
You're mostly right here, but the UFC clearly has some medical records records Diego. How/if he gets access to that stuff is anyone's guess.

Fight to make after Diego's UFC departure.
Felder vs Fabio

Back