Dillashaw trying to pick on smaller guys

He was previously TKO'd by a flyweight. Snake wants none of monsters in FW.

The circumstance is with a reigning champ chasing a belt in a lower division. If you can't see how fucking retarded that is then you're obviously new to combat sports.
You're right. That is a significant point but I still wouldn't call it a bitch move given the reputation TJ has.

Ok, but you based the 'bitch' aspect on body size in your original post. If you want to base it on a significant step down in skill level in the different weight class, there may be more merit to that argument but that is a different discussion.
i didnt say bitch. You think its a bitch move?

If he can make weight and win then he deserves the belt.

TJ is not that big for 135 and Holloway looks like a skeleton while making 145.Bitch about Holloway fighting at FW instead of TJ going down.

The circumstance is with a reigning champ chasing a belt in a lower division. If you can't see how fucking retarded that is then you're obviously new to combat sports.
In the child size weightclasses it’s really not that big of a deal

Most Bantamweights are marginally smaller then Featherweights, but Flyweights aren't that much smaller then Bantamweights. There are 5'11 Featherweights who walk 170+.

Any time a fighter chases a fight with a smaller opponent, it's a bitch move. Every time. Anderson chasing Georges? Bitch move. P4P doesn't matter, if you're the bigger fighter facing a smaller guy, you are SUPPOSED to win, it doesn't increase your credibility at all.

Similar level of challenge as Forrest fighting Anderson Silva
Forrest didn't chase that fight. Anderson did, and all xanax aside, Forrest was the same size as Anderson. He had an inch in height, and gave up an inch in reach.

if you can make the weight it's fair game. now fuck off with this crap. you people are getting annoying with this
No, it's actually a valid point.

DJ weighs the same as Cody on fight day, so no.
No, he doesn't.

That’s just bullshit. People who think like you have no place in the sport. True fight fans just want to see the best fights possible (that are within reasonable weight ranges). Martial arts nor the UFC was never about fighting people EXACTLY your size. The only people who don’t want to see TJ vs DJ and whine about “bullying” like we are on Dr. Phil, is DJ, his manager, and his most hardcore fans who lick his sweaty balls.

This. Martial arts / UFC was never about weight

normally fighters talk about going up in weight to challenge themselves... doesn't it seem like a weak move to want to drain urself so u can take a belt from a tiny person ?
Nope.
Why give the other guy the opportunity to be a two division champion?
Why should he have everything to lose and nothing to gain.
Why not fight at a catch weight, winner takes both belts?

It's only an issue if TJ can't make the weight. He's not a big 135er

I thought it was pretty ballsy. Mighty mouse was #1 p4p at the time.

Similar level of challenge as Forrest fighting Anderson Silva
except for Anderson moving up in weight and Forrest being an overachiever. Dillashaw is the top guy in his weightclass wanting to drop down to 125 it's not really the same GSP dropping to LW to fight Frankie would be more like it.

TJ is willing to make the weight but DJ was trying to pull a Ronda and duck him.

i didnt say bitch. You think its a bitch move?
Nah, I just said it WASNT a bitch move, but you're right. You said 'weak'. I got your wording confused with boy god's. Sorry about that. I do think the sentiment is fairly identical although the wording is a bit less family friendly.

I believe the ideal male height is 5'5". Well-built, low to the ground, center of gravity, etc. That much, we can all agree on. It's the height our great grandchildren will be. We have that research. But how important is 'reach' and at what point does it become a hindrance? Cejudo almost died in a fire, so you know he's ready to go!

Last edited:
Any time a fighter chases a fight with a smaller opponent, it's a bitch move. Every time. Anderson chasing Georges? Bitch move. P4P doesn't matter, if you're the bigger fighter facing a smaller guy, you are SUPPOSED to win, it doesn't increase your credibility at all.

If it was Jones trying to fight a mediocre fighter like Bisping when Bisping was champ, I could agree with you. But not here. TJ could sit comfortably in his weak division and clean up fights, but he wanted to take a risk and challenge himself against one of the all time greats. And he is not particularly large for 135 and before UFC 227 I don’t even know if TJ would’ve been the favorite. That just doesn’t fit the definition of a bitch move. A bitch move is sitting on your couch playing on your phone calling other men bitches who are willing to cut weight and get into a closed octagon to fight some of the best p4p fighters in the world. What they’re doing (or tried to do) actually takes big balls.

And yes, DJ and Cody do weigh the same on fight night.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ut-six-fighters-come-in-over-csac-regulations

I believe the ideal male height is 5'5". That much, we can all agree on. It's the height our great grandchildren will be. We have that research. But how important is 'reach' and at what point does it become a hindrance? Cejudo almost died in a fire, so you know he's ready to go!
That first sentence is breaking news and kind of a big deal. It deserves its own thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back