Din Thomas, do you want some?

Well...if this would have been "a real fight" in the streets for example...they both would have likely been wearing clothes and Tiffer would have been able to maintain control of his opponent easier because of that. Not saying this would ensure victory over Mayorga in a street fight, but it would have added another dynamic that was not present in the match last night.

And Mayorga probably would of had a bottle to break over his head. In the end who knows and who cares. It was a lame "fight" with a lame finish.

boxing is a sport unto itself, it isn't pretending to be anything else. It has all kinds of rules making sure the flow of "punching" continues. Boxing has always sought to separate itself from street fighting.

MMA has always been the "just bleed this is what happens in a real fight" sport. It's too often claimed that a grappler "will just take down and choke out the boxer" in a real fight. Something like this kind of shows us that a lot of the various mount positions would be impossible to hold in a real fight.

Maybe Tiffer wasn't expecting a cheap shot like that from a desperate former boxer?

lmao at all you idiots claiming this as proof that boxers are better fighters than MMArtists.

Admittedly, the part of the post you quoted was an exaggeration, I edited it accordingly.

Here's a thread with examples along the lines of what I was talking about tho http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f53/couture-toney-ufc-handing-boxing-gift-1209811/

I just wasted far too long of my life going through that thread... and the reality was there was very little of the stuff you were talking about. Kid was trolling epicly, people were getting into arguments about Tim Sylvia and that was about it, especially from "the regulars".

boxing is a sport unto itself, it isn't pretending to be anything else. It has all kinds of rules making sure the flow of "punching" continues. Boxing has always sought to separate itself from street fighting.

MMA has always been the "just bleed this is what happens in a real fight" sport. It's too often claimed that a grappler "will just take down and choke out the boxer" in a real fight. Something like this kind of shows us that a lot of the various mount positions would be impossible to hold in a real fight.

yeah, except the throw elbows, the hanging onto each other, the headbutts, etc.

you would be an idiot to think that boxing is more of a real fight than mma, that's really not an opinion either, kind of a fact. the second bolded part is just nonsense as well. how many strikes did the mma fighter throw when he had mayorga mounted? none. come on now

Has this argument ever been interesting?

Taken from the non-thread worthy thread, here's Mayorga's MMA debut, beating a 5-1 fighter.

The knee is illegal, the fighter was not 5-1, was 0-1, Din would kill Mayorga in 1 round

Laughing so hard at the insecure ultimate fighting teenyboppers in this thread.

So much for kicks being the end all argument to a boxers success.

MMA fans make it seem like anyone who is trained how to kick can beat a boxer.

Agreed, So long as your bodyweight is on your backfoot leg kicks should not be a game changer. I think the same would hold true for a single leg takedown. Any well schooled boxer should be able to deal with either.

Back