Do I still belong here? a vote

does HE belong

• Total voters
this girl was Candy. She was a nurse. She worked in Oregon in the building they filmed Cuckoo's Nest, it wasn't what it was, but she was there. This girl had been wounded, for sure, but cousin loved me, it wasn't happenstance. And she was pretty, she'd come in, give me squeeze put a bottle of decent vodka in the freezer and hand me like a warm sack of food from a good restaurant, and then just give you a huge kiss like it's on the list, put a pillow you didn't know you had behind your head watching the news, go do some laundry, check on the vodka, make you a drink. Damaged goods (see that's where you're supposed to laugh). She had been hurt and we clicked, and as I was seeing why this was good, and things were that good, I hope you can feel what I felt for her, she did nothing wrong, I told her like in six minutes, I like you, this is gonna be why people barns (I didn't say that part) and there was some time. .....There's a girl who loves me, no flaws to me, you don'tt have to freeze me vodka or do all this other shit you assume is what a woman does, we got through all that, mostly. What you'd imagine, it was pretty nice. We were having a barbecue friends music, I was going to take a piss, didnt know she was behind me, tackled me into a wall, and said the words, and the night went on, but that was it. ...I wish I could take that one back, she did nothing wrong, but I told her.

See, that's where shit's not funny, and I'm not such a good man, and there's a million things to be fixed. Think about it, I had a girl named Candy, ....a Nurse, an Oregan Nurse, she gave no shits about Cuckoo's Nest, her dad was in Oregon still and she was perpetually shook up. And he died, we were solid a guy and a girl. The world was on my plate. I don't have a picture of her, but she reminds of a picture. ....I fucked that up. Ii'm pretty sure anyone still reading believes my shit, but self-consciousness is the death of art.

Tom Waits talking and "do you doubt me" the dumb shit I say, do you not believe me?

....when you post something that's part of it, always click. that's part of it. I know it's not always the same andsee a clip as a gist, there is no gist ever, kaizen

I'm Packers fan but Pirates baseball. I used to wear that pillbox hat, home and away. I was a great first baseman. I played third but they discovered my talents were wasted over there. You wanna hear something funny. I played ball for VFW for three years. we never lost a game, not one fucking game, League and Tournement, I have the shit trophies. I had a stepdad who was an umpire and I made the state newspaper sliding into home, with the stepdad calling me safe, it was a wicked picture by any standards. The week after I hit an in the park homerun in Mosquito Flats there was no fence, as I was doing my laps like Babe Ruth, I stepped in a gopher hole, I can't lift my left arm above the shoulder unless we're throwing down in turf
f

I may be fading. To the guy, because I'm almost positive this conversation will not happen again, A lot of which

She

I'd like to know my thoughts on Pychon too. I haven't sidestepped him I've read him a bit and read gloopy chunks the biographies, more than I'm letting on, but not enough to give you my thoughts. What i think of Pychon, I don't think we'd get along in life, I think if we met in real life it wouldn't be what you'd think. Again, I enjoy these conversations, but I don't like the no-it-all or holier-than thou like I know anything, I have to read Gravity's Rainbow, but it was the same with David Foster Wallace, not exactly, I have Read Infinite Jest. It's one of those egregious things you do. There's just not enough time to grasp the mythology of who I'd like to be. I thought fuck it one day, someone will ask, so I laid in bed and when the alarm went off I read ten or 20 pages of Infinite Jest, and put it down and Read this great new version of Proust Kilmartin I forget. I dabble Swann's Way all through the years in shit editions, mostly because Kerouac and Cassady swore by Proust. They were right, I get it. It's like trying to recommend someone to read the Bible. It's said, someone said, a girl, every guy I know has an unread copy of Inifinite Jest. A different girl, a different party came in, you have a stock answer. "Have you read all these fucking books?" The answer was "All but that one over your shoulder, that one," but there's always been an easy way to tell. When I was young, I guess it was cute or whatever, family members were buying me first editions of shit, don't do that. You can tell if I've read a book because I've destroyed it, I fuck my books up. These are books to be bought, they're spellbooks. This is magic, no? Magic. A dead wizard, A dead wizard brother, smarter than you gave his life to say something put it down jerked from the soul or he would die. That shit is sacred. I have a million spellbooks and chunks of what I say is just them talking, or my version of trying to honor them. The goal, was never defined, but I have a bookstore not far away, I've know this man since I was a kid, my aunts and uncles,, he's family, I bring him Xmas cards, sometimes he takes my money, mostly he gives me my books and wont take my money. I come in sometimes and he goes behind a curtain and says I thought you might like this one.

wall of text hang on random parentheses ./// insert.

You see how easy it is to come off as a self-involved asshole.

It's a little crazy the ones you asked my thoughts about. I will post something and you'll see why I don't. I hurt my back in a lumber mill, by hurt I mean the foreman was crying and I'm laying on cement with a broken back, couldn't move, they called my mom, with all my mind I couldn't move I could just move my head to see people crying, people you don't want to see crying. I was gonna die, and then I was gonna be in a wheelchair, and then I got a check from the mill for 9 thousand dollars and six years of college with a two year degree. My hero professor when I was transferring, I'm in the offfice with unbeknownst is gonna be one of two heroes. And sitting in chair and hear this great man talking to this other great man out loud, these are true words, I was trying to taking 32 credits and that's just not gonna happen. my money was running out I have a wife and kids 121 miles away, if you saw the Rick Grimes avatar, man it wasn't about the bachelor's degree I just wanted these fucking classes I bought books for the other classes I wasn't in. Over the phone, this giant says, I know he's asking a lot, and this is the situation, he can do those classes, I wish you would let him, I don't think you'll be disappointed. That's rough to type, me me me look at me.

I was taking classes from this man, and I got kicked out of a writing class and they put in this poetry class and the woman took me outside of class, this sounds ridiculous, she said I don't want you in my class because you have a voice and my job is to help people find a voice, I don't want to fuck you up.

I didn't always know this, but I got tought a fucking lesson at Sherdog from Matt, my good friend and lost moderator, this should be in the archives, I had a crazy young girl living with me taking selfies in my top hat and I had a toothache, I was in the bedroom talking to Matt and I said she's watching Rory Calhoun in Motel Hell and we need to get to bed but first there's this creek a ways away, I have to go sit in this creek for a minute. (similar words it's in the archives better I'm sure, it's been a long time) but the gist, I came back and was talking to Matt and he said the one thing that ever said to me and broke my fucking heart. He said, you just went and sat in a creek. I just thought you always speak in metaphors. That was a thunderbolt. Is that really what you think of me. Is that what everyone thinks. I don't speak in metaphors. It was like being raped, your best friend says something like that. That must seem fucking stupid to anyone still reading but it was no joke to me and still isn't it forever fucked me thinking as I'm talking to you my life is metaphors. It took me a long time to digest that, I still haven't digested that. To tie up some loose ends. I was at the bookstore years back and bought a biography of Alan Arkin and in the introduction he's talking about Madeline Kahn, you remember her, it took all those years and I had resentment for Matt saying that to me, I was wounded.

Well there are two things now from that, and they're the same thing but I had to process these two things before I die.
thing one: Alan Arkin, fuck it hang on why paraphrase
"Some years ago I did a film with Madeline Khan. A lot of it was shot on location, and one day we found ourselves at a particularly beautiful spot overlooking a panoramic view of the Hudson Valley. During a lull in the shooting while the cameras were setting up, we went out on an extensive lawn and sat there for awhile, lost in the scenery. While we were musing and chatting, I found myself thinking of Madeline's many gifts. She was a fine actress, an excellent pianist; she had an exquisite operatic voice with impeccable technique. I asked her which of her talents she considered to be her primary focus. She thought for awhile and couldn't come up with an answer. I don't think she ever thought about it before. "Well, what did you start out wanting to do?" I asked. "What was your first impulse? Was it acting?" She shook her head "no" but she didn't seem sure
"Singing?"
"No."
"Playing the piano?"
"No."
"Did you want to be a comedian?"
"No, not really."
"Well, what was the first thing you thought of doing? There had to be something."
Again, she tried to thread her way back to her childhood ambitions. "I used to listen to a lot of music." She paused, trying to find the words for what she was thinking. "And that's what I wanted to be," she finally said.
"I don't know what you mean." I said
She answered, and it sounded as if she'd never formulated this thought before, as if it was news to herself.
"I wanted to be the music," she said.
It was a revelatory and somewhat disturbing moment. With that one statement I realized what she'd said about herself was the impulse behind all of my own interests, all of my needs, all of my studying compulsions and passions, and had I been aware of that idea when I was starting out, had I been able to assimilate it, live within it, I would have saved endless years of frustration and work and confusion because that thought was at the very bottom of what I was looking for. So much had been invested in craft, in externalization, in looking for something solid out there that would fill the void, create a sense of flight, of getting out of the oppression of self.
We don't want to DO it; we want to BE it. Only we don't know it. No one tells us.
This is dedicated to everyone who want to be the music.

That's pretty tight and worth the typing out is some right guy is still reading thing, someone. It feels good to post that being the whim it was to find that book and whim he said that about her to introduce his book. I thought it was great, and I'll never look at Madeline Khan just quite the same. She was perfect to begin with.

2. through the years (and Salvador Dali saying "I don't do art I am art." which is just pure Nietzsche. Sigmund Freud said about Nietzsche, "Nietzsche developed more penetrating knowledge of himself than whoever lived or is likely to live"), (and the guy on the other end of the phone was a Nietzsche professor who was the main reason I was there. I got to take his Nietzsche course and his course on Postmodern Literature, way back before today was what it is is Don Delillo and David offing himself). There's a picture of me in the eighth grade yearbook asleep in first period on "No One Here Gets Out Alive" - I've said I don't exist without Jim Morrison, I thought I would die way younger, everyone who knew me thought so. On the best night of my life with the whole world I was leaving a house, buried the spedometer and turned of the lights, it was good enough. I did that shit all the time. I think a huge portion of who I am is the death wish, it's always been there. After a raft race I needed to piss so we pulled into this bar, motorcycles, I go it's just leather one open seat by a grey guy. I sit in the seat, immediately surrounded by fuckers, he waves them away. I said as we're looking across the bar at this massive painting of a mountain man and grizzly, ...That's my grandpa Clint, probably still there. Those are some stories for another day.
The death wish thing was always and is always. Like the old court jester, if you're dead already the world is yours. I'm only here because of that. And to get back. to
2. better with a clip.
while I was sick last week, I watched The End of the Tour, adaptation of Lipsky's Although Of Course You End Up Becoming Yourself, a book about interviewing David Foster Wallace in his last moment of touring for Infinite Jest,

knowing about David's suicide and all

In my opinion if i could meet David, before his suicide,

i could convinced him to not do it

i mean to me this life is more than that, i'm anti-Schopenhauer/Cioran/Peter Wessel Zapffe/Ligotti in this sense

have you ever woke up holding a pickle and you don't have pickles in the fridge. that happened once it still bothers me. I came home completely naked once, nothing beats getting up to piss in the dark there's a leg moving. There's usually a beer on the nightstand and there is and the clicker. I have the best bed of all time. My brother was working at the mill I got fucked up at and one day there's a knock and he's like get some clothes on, help me in with this. We hoist the bed the size of three trucks, one of those teperpedicss the pillows are 200 dollars it's a $2500 bed a while back.

do you want to see the shit I edit and don't post, that whole thing above and two stories I kinda want to tell, but maybe another day, probably not
so. I turn on the tv and dvrd this

and a naked girl in the dark crawls under the armpit and no words, she starts tapping and I start tapping, and it was a beatiful moment.

the nuts on that guy to do boss the whole place like his living room to a room of antiques who can't get the claps right.
now great story here, just one of the best memories. I used to not think too much about me and some decisions, this was a good moment in time. I really hope you clicked that. I think that performance is one for the books.

while I was sick last week, I watched The End of the Tour, adaptation of Lipsky's Although Of Course You End Up Becoming Yourself, a book about interviewing David Foster Wallace in his last moment of touring for Infinite Jest,

knowing about David's suicide and all

In my opinion if i could meet David, before his suicide,

i could convinced him to not do it

i mean to me this life is more than that, i'm anti-Schopenhauer/Cioran/Peter Wessel Zapffe/Ligotti in this sense

I love that movie. I avoided him for a long time, because I know what the fuck he's gonna say and how he's gonna say it. There''s a time and theater to writing "generations" schools, banding together of art, that's been lost to me, I'm sure great shit's being done to me there's The Wasteland, Salinger and Infinite Jest what he did , I have a hard time talking about him, wrote a book the theme of which is a scream to ironize irony. Postmodernism carries a big swath, it's ironic just in the name, smart people fucking with irony and deconstructing art to absurdity is such a slope...I only have my perspective, you know where I come from, there's a way to do things and I think, or at least what I see is my vision of what heroic looks like. What Wallace did, fuck the book, the whole point of the book is being a refrigerator, Infinite Jest is not Ulysses, he would tell you that. It's a memoir of a guy who's read Ulysses and summed up shit so succintly that he's a wall to art. I feel you so much how you want to save him. I think that's a wrong thought. I'm almost crying typing this. There are people in this world

August 1997, I'm a married man with little kids and best friend who is longhaul truckdriver and he was studying for his pilot's license, he asked me I would read his manuals (cassettes 1997), so of course I would. I had a pretty bad ass walkdown office/den whatever to keep me out of people's way. I squared it away with the wife he had run to Florida, we'd been drinking wine and coffee and sitting Indian style on the rug, it's 8 or 9 in the morning. We're navigating this road trip, we're going to Lawrence Kansas, I have the address, and I'm prepared that this will be a handful of shit, but my life has given me good stories, I kinda think I'm not prepared, it's bad magic to prepare for being crushed. I think there's a maybe an 8% chance of success, worst case scenario. I'm on the white porch of one of three living people who mean everything a touchstone not fanboy autograph or lunch and a stroll, Just a handshake and more than likely I'd just give one knock, tap the screendoor that I was there and leave my note in the crook of his door.

there's a small knock and brother is there and he William Burroughs just died.

That's hard to type. I am crying now.

I have a friend named Jesse James, he's a bouncer big lean tough son of a bitch. He came over one knight to check in and I was crying and I had a German Bowie knife to my throat, he didn't say a word he sat down and took the knife away, I was thinking I could take my entire head off my body before I died. That was a bad moment, but it doesn't take much to get back there. It was dramatic from an outside perspective and we had a lot of dinners at his place.

What I'm trying to say, and what I'm trying to live is and my answer to this postmodern shit. I'm not smart enough to see a way out of what I see up ahead, I have a hard time seeing art advances now, ...so now, for me in the fumblings, the answer is to fall back to what is beautful to me. Art, by definition, is just one man talking to the world with everything you have.

So, I'd ask you to pull some of it back. If I could walk in as Robin Wms is undoing the belt and we could sit and talk. If I could just walk into the Woody Creek bar and sit down with Hunter. I respect when people I respect didn't just have a shitty day, and you've done enough. More antidepressants and group therapy can't fix shit sometimes, and if you play so hard and try so hard. NIetzsche was Nietzshce and that mind that defined the world and where we are snapped because a man was hitting a horse, he threw the man and hugged the horse and that was that.
You can still talk to these people, and they still talk to you.

I was just now crying over Willam Burroughs. He alive here.

My threads don't mean shir just looking for company, and maybe mine stick out and attrack the dummmies blinded by light. Smart fuck, this is undrnUGB44,
If you are looking for company you would find it easier if you stopped the rambling shit posts and engaged with people normally. You seem to enjoy typing stream of conscience nonsense to a few people who lap it up and think you have something profound to say.

You're a fascinating man. Epic in many ways.

I'll tell you something that cut deeper than the Matt incident with the metaphors. There's one thing that has hurt and haunts my life. It was around Halloween, we had a thing where she gets to pick 20 movies, I get to pick the next one. It wasn't my night my night the month before was Born Yesterday, Judy Holiday, and it was Halloween and I'd been waiting for the Lon Chaney marathon on TCM so we sat down, she made the popcorn and got in the flannel pajamas and turned down the lights and snuggled up. As Tell it to the Marines is starting, I said I've seen this one a hundred times,, here's the clicker. Did you really think I'm gonna make you watch Lon Chaney as a Marine. We watched something else, I honestly don't remember what, doesn't matter. A few nights down the road a few minutes into one of her movies, and the movies don't matter, the world is beautiful and I can fuck up the sappy parts crying ahead of time. But this night, it's like all the rest, the human equivalent of people purring, and she grabs my leg under the blanket and lays her head on my shoulder, and she says ...."All these years I always wonder what you're thinking." and I know that came from sweetest purest thing in the world from the sweetest person I'll ever know. All I was ever thinking was the moment I'm with you, this is it. I know that can't be true. But to be as close as you can possibly be to someone and still be a mystery, is an existential blow that's still in my dreams.

Back