Do We Continue Being Fans?

Funny thing is it would probably be massively beneficial to our mental health to drop MMA. Lots of violent, negative, and obsessive energy in the sport and fandom

UFC does not equal MMA.

I've always hated Dana White, but love MMA and (most) fighters.

At the end of the day it's just entertainment. It doesn't really matter at all.

I don't think Sherdog is really a place for "fans of the sport"

Respectfully, Is anyone torn about being MMA fans? I'm pro-equality so the Dana White return slap wouldn't be so bad if he didn't follow it up with a combo.

Now there's this Phil Baroni mess.

War Machine was rough too, but he was a stand-out problem.

Another fighter who took LSD and tore his friend's heart out, literally. Forget his name.

The older I get the more I believe in karma. Maybe being a fan is negative karma. I still want to watch and no judgement to anyone who does. Is anyone else sitting on the fence?

I don't mean to upset anyone.

This is a serious issue. Please no jokes and no drama.

Eqal rites equal lefts. u wut?

I was never a Dana White fan. If you were/are my condolences but I don’t respect men that park their Ferrari across two handicap spaces (I’m not kidding old Vegas HQ parking garage). Guy is a pretty big POS aside from this.

What does that have to do with watching the fights and being a fan. Who cares about all that other shit. You think Roger Goodell doesn’t have skeletons in his closet or that NFL players haven’t killed people before.

The richest fighters are the most brain damaged. Increase pay so more people wanna do it.

That's not true. The best fighters often take less damage in their fights, that's why they are the best. We all know of people like Muhammad Ali and Gerald McClellan, but there are a ton of lesser caliber fighter with brain damage just as bad or worse.

That's not true. The best fighters often take less damage in their fights, that's why they are the best. We all know of people like Muhammad Ali and Gerald McClellan, but there are a ton of lesser caliber fighter with brain damage just as bad or worse.

Name best mma fighters who took less damage. Khabob GSP. Short list.

Jones, Adesanya, Ngannou. All champions. Other great champs like BJ, Fedor and Silva also took relatively little brain damage until they started fighting way after their skills diminished.

Respectfully, Is anyone torn about being MMA fans? I'm pro-equality so the Dana White return slap wouldn't be so bad if he didn't follow it up with a combo.

Another fighter who took LSD and tore his friend's heart out, literally. Forget his name.

The older I get the more I believe in karma. Maybe being a fan is negative karma. I still want to watch and no judgement to anyone who does. Is anyone else sitting on the fence?

Winners win bruh

Gsp thinks alien stole his time. That's not less damage.

Joe Rogan: GSP Should Retire Since He's 'Taken Too Many Shots'
"I think Georges should retire," Rogan stated. "One of the reasons I think Georges should retire is he was on my podcast and he was talking about being abducted by aliens. I was going, 'you think you've been abducted by aliens?' He starts talking about missing time. He started talking about driving his car and all of a sudden he's at home and he has no idea [how] he got there. I think it's head kicks ... That fight he had some serious memory loss (at UFC 167). I think he's taken too many shots. An interesting statistic is that Georges has taken more punches and kicks in the last three fights than any of his fights, ever. In fact, 50% of the shots he's taken his entire career were in the last three fights. I think he should get out. I know the UFC probably doesn't want to hear me say that. I know that could be a huge rematch."

That's not good.

probably wouldnt be watching any sport, any movie, listening to any music etc if you based it off the quality of people who participate.

I was being sarcastic

As was I.

Our mutual point remains, if you start following any sport there's plenty of scumbag pro athletes over the years.

MMA doesn't even come close to the NFL, and nowhere near FIFA.

Even if we look at sports like cricket with a false air of superiority and civilized behavior, same stuff.

I'm sure there have been more than a few rich scumbag cunts on the pro Polo circuit over the years.

The NFL makes MMA look like a choir practice

Back